Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
For the record, I didn't start this thread!

It was a post I made in another thread and one of the Paul Wellers on here decide to turn it into a new thread
I didn't say you did btw, although I didn't even realise it was your post that started it :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Every post he makes on SM is littered with abuse.
We really are a vicious bunch when we get on a player's back.

Rusholme Ruffian

Do you know why this particular thread was started? Did you see the comment the poster made which I responded to, was it a lie?
Was the premise of starting this thread based on lies?

Like I have said, Pogba isn't innocent, but the debate about the 2 interviews which started this thread is based on lies, and people keep repeating the lies in the thread. Its not going to make it true.
But isn't this kind of the point? The comments that he is making are deliberately ambiguous and open to misinterpretation and confusion. Just cos there might be quotes that have been reported on, or commented on, erroneously does not change the gist of the whole thing. As Gary Nev has succinctly summed up today.

Last edited:

Cassidy

But isn't this kind of the point? The comments that he is making are deliberately ambiguous and open to misinterpretation and confusion. Just cos there might be quotes that have been reported on, or commented on, erroneously does not change the gist of the whole thing. As Gary has succinctly summed up today.
No the comment in question was not ambiguous or open to interpretation. What was reported in this case what a fabrication and a lie. There is no confusion when the words attributed to him were not said at all. Just read the thread title, the interview in question that is what he said. There is nothing ambiguous about it.

Moriarty

I wonder what would happen if this was going on during peak Fergie? He'd probably ban players from social media and smash any smartphone he found on the premises. Then he'd nail Raiola's scrotum to the sideboard and play pot black with his goolies.

Rusholme Ruffian

No the comment in question was not ambiguous or open to interpretation. What was reported in this case what a fabrication and a lie. There is no confusion when the words attributed to him were not said at all. Just read the thread title, the interview in question that is what he said. There is nothing ambiguous about it.
aaargh. You said: "This thread is a mess, with people just repeating lies over and over again". I am talking in general terms about the thread, not getting hung up on a single comment that is a fabrication. When the overwhelming amount of quotes/interviews most certainly do deliberately deal in ambiguity I'm not sure why you're getting so wound up over the odd one that is incorrect?

Cassidy

aaargh. You said: "This thread is a mess, with people just repeating lies over and over again". I am talking in general terms about the thread, not getting hung up on a single comment that is a fabrication. When the overwhelming amount of quotes/interviews most certainly do deliberately deal in ambiguity I'm not sure why you're getting so wound up over the odd one that is incorrect?
Probably because s not a single comment.... probably because its keeps happening that people keep repeating the lies in the thread in their arguments.

Rolaholic

Every post he makes on SM is littered with abuse.
We really are a vicious bunch when we get on a player's back.
Seeing some of the fanbase acting like rival fans with our own players has been disgraceful,comes from a lot of the same lot harping on about backing the club too as they swarm like piranhas over any sort of clickbait or speculation from press :lol::houllier:

The Firestarter

FFS he didn't say that

This thread is a mess, with people just repeating lies over and over again, its not going to make it true just because you repeat it
The whole Man Utd forum is in shambles. Posters behave like horses with blinders on, reiterating their own narrative refusing to acknowledge the actual facts.

clarkydaz

I would have loved if he wasn't so diplomatic and put him in his place. This club is so much more than a primadona like Paul Pogba.
Neville quotes
“As a fan, honestly, part of me is that no one is bigger than the club and I am not interested in people who are looking left and right.

"So Paul, if you want to go play somewhere else, let’s make that work for you because Manchester United will be fine, don’t worry about that.

“If I was still in that dressing room giving personal advice it would be, ‘Paul, it’s obvious you want to play somewhere else but be professional. Don’t be someone who is seen as a mercenary or a mutineer. You don’t need to do that.'
what more would you like him to say? He pretty much told him to feck off and not worth the hastle

SATA

I'm now waiting for the inevitable tweet from Raiola telling Neville to shut up and know his place, and perhaps reminding him of his managerial failure at Valencia

But seriously i can see Pogba having a stinker at Watford if his mind isn't here after the national team break. He's a fantastic player and one that a big club like Manchester United should have. But at the same time, the club should not be tolerating a player's nonsense and should be giving the manager his full backing

Greck

I'm now waiting for the inevitable tweet from Raiola telling Neville to shut up and know his place, and perhaps reminding him of his managerial failure at Valencia

But seriously i can see Pogba having a stinker at Watford if his mind isn't here after the national team break. He's a fantastic player and one that a big club like Manchester United should have. But at the same time, the club should not be tolerating a player's nonsense and should be giving the manager his full backing
Personally think Jose is gone at the end of the season. He also incited the circus with the CEO and players with his controversial media style. We just need to make sure the players like Pogba don't start feeling more powerful than the manager till then or it will carryover to the next person in charge

Seven Seas Sardines

'Pogba likes the sun, wants Barcelona'.

'Old school today. Old school Adi. Adidas old school. Sunny. Nice. Shiny. Shiny sun in Manchester. Woo!' He doesn't come off as the sharpest tool. :lol:

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Another day, another tedious and negative story from the Pog.

Did he and his agent really think it'd be easy to just move him on a couple of years after moving to United?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Well, that would be ironing when the club themselves doesn't really do it (with transfer).

izec

'Pogba likes the sun, wants Barcelona'.

'Old school today. Old school Adi. Adidas old school. Sunny. Nice. Shiny. Shiny sun in Manchester. Woo!' He doesn't come off as the sharpest tool. :lol:
He is taking the piss now, zero fecks given. Just does whatever he wants and gets his move in the summer.

red thru&thru

So Pogba posts about being happy in England and some are still able to turn this into negativty?! Damn, you guys are good!

Seven Seas Sardines

So Pogba posts about being happy in England and some are still able to turn this into negativty?! Damn, you guys are good!
Pretty sure most of us are taking the piss at this moment. There's not much else to do when trying to survive two weeks without a game. Fortunately we're about to have 7 games in the next 3 weeks. :drool:

Needham

The whole Man Utd forum is in shambles. Posters behave like horses with blinders on, reiterating their own narrative refusing to acknowledge the actual facts.
Nonsense. This forum has never been better. Like when it was Fergie threatened to leave and race horses took precedence over green and gold? You tell me the 99 treble kept up reports of bumfumbling Lukaku was wise to Pringle, La Coste and Sergio Tachinni all through Greville Neville's get the feck out of here. Mourinho is rough patch complete faith war on complacent daddy I need help. He HAS NOT lost the dressing room just the key yet posters must realize after 53.5 overs Pep and CFC an all ***.

Kostov

Neville quotes

what more would you like him to say? He pretty much told him to feck off and not worth the hastle
I saw the quotes. And yeah I would have like if Gary told him to literally shut his mouth or feck off. I know Gary wouldn't have done that, but It would have been what Pogba deserves.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
He is taking the piss now, zero fecks given. Just does whatever he wants and gets his move in the summer.
To be fair, saying it is sunny in Manchester is definitely taking the piss!