Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

EireRed_GS

You can't make that comment unless you don't watch our games.

Oh yes i can mate.. I sit in the east stand every week and watch him walking around all the time with this strange limp like someone would when they are carrying an injury or completely out of breath. He puts in the occasional jog here and there, im not sure ive seen him busting a gut to get to ball too often if any.

fergies coat

I know, he shouldn't be making those comments. But it's ridiculous to undermine or try to make it look like he's done nothing since joining this club.
He’s not done much has he. He’s overrated and strolls around. I want him gone. Name me a run of games where he’s been world class?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
When it comes to Pogba, I honestly wouldn't be bothered at all if he left now. His performances have been inconsistent to say the least. For that kind of money and to be hyped up as this world class player, its not good enough to put in a top shift 2/5 games, and be a passenger most of the others. And like i said before in another thread, im still unsure if ive seen him in a full sprint at OT since hes re-signed for us. Just walks around the majority of the time. Its actually cringeworthy he's walking around with the captains armband.

Its clear that him and his pr*ck of an agent have their minds on a move again. So they can take this circus elsewhere and let us get on with getting this team back on track. He can carry on this air of self indulgence somewhere else.

Its not about the name on the back, its about the badge on the front.
Considering this season Pogba has covered more ground that any other United player this season, but saying that I would not be upset if he left the club. I just think his relationship with Mourinho is damaging the club and the circus that follows it isnt good for the team overall. One of them needs to go and I dont think it will be Mourinho. He might have ideas of wanting to leave soon, however the buying club needs to meet our valuation and Im not sure theres many teams out there that has the funds.

Schneckerl

Unless he shoots thrice from outside the box and they all go in, he ain't doing anything in that Brighton game. He has to get in the position to shoot first btw.
He literally scored a hattrick for Barca in a game last year when they were down 1-5 and 2 off those were long range shots. :lol:

Alabaster Codify7

I loved it when he returned, now Im completely indifferent to him. I've said for ages, you do NOT build a team around a player like Pogba. That is reserved for consistently world-class talents. He isn't one.

Mcking

Maybe you need to go and recheck some of his goals then.
I've seen Coutinho score a lot of goals from outside the box and I've seen Pogba score some from outside the box too. Coutinho probably makes the difference when his team is trying to break the opposition down. He can't do anything when the whole team from the goalkeeper to the centre forward is just plain shite. He'd be trying but would be outnumbered just like Pogba was trying against Brighton.

AngliaRed

I like Pogba, but he’s such a drama queen!

Shit your mouth and focus on winning the European cup with us, which you haven’t won. Then you have my permission to die! :D

Mcking

Oh yes i can mate.. I sit in the east stand every week and watch him walking around all the time with this strange limp like someone would when they are carrying an injury or completely out of breath. He puts in the occasional jog here and there, im not sure ive seen him busting a gut to get to ball too often if any.
That's up to you though. You are entitled to your opinion.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Been his supporter for the longest time but to come out at a time when the team is most United and try to shift the spotlight to your desire to leave the club is scum at best. I don’t care how good he plays the next game, he needs to be sold ASAP.

Mr PG

Has anyone considered he wants to go to la-liga as he knows his style is better suited to a slower league?

Same reason he left for the Serie A before as Fergie used an energetic midfield 2 as it allowed him to play 2 strikers

el3mel

I've seen Coutinho score a lot of goals from outside the box and I've seen Pogba score some from outside the box too. Coutinho probably makes the difference when his team is trying to break the opposition down. He can't do anything when the whole team from the goalkeeper to the centre forward is just plain shite. He'd be trying but would be outnumbered just like Pogba was trying against Brighton.
Yes because shooting from the box requires the whole team effort not ? Almost all other teams around us win games when they're having an off day or playing crap by individual brilliance moments from a dribble or a shot from outside the box but we're apparently the only team who needs everyone to be performing at top gear to win and for Pogba to play well.

That's no difference from the excuse being given since his day one here that he needs other defensive midfielders around him to "free" him and allow him to attack. Since then we have bought 2 defensive midfielders and no difference, still looks shite and inconsistent.

Your posts just sum up the idea about Pogba for me. Excuses after excuses for his inconsistent and some times dreadful performance he has delivered here. It's always another one problem for him not performing well, either he's forced to defend or the other teammates are shite. We never see these excuses with the top players in other clubs who perform week in week out and lead their teams to win and trophies. It's only here. Everyone need to be at their top day and he needs good defensive midfielders behind him to unleash his "magic". These are just more evidence that he's not a world class player, not proving the opposite.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
"Who knows what will happen in the near future"

Being as blatant and disrespectful as this I'll be happy to see him go. Poor attitude, arrogant, disruptive tw@t!

Broad Street Bullies

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Yes because shooting from the box requires the whole team effort not ? Almost all other teams around us win games when they're having an off day or playing crap by individual brilliance moments from a dribble or a shot from outside the box but we're apparently the only team who needs everyone to be performing at top gear to win and for Pogba to play well.

That's no difference from the excuse being given since his day one here that he needs other defensive midfielders around him to "free" him and allow him to attack. Since then we have bought 2 defensive midfielders and no difference, still looks shite and inconsistent.

Your posts just sum up the idea about Pogba for me. Excuses after excuses for his inconsistent and some times dreadful performance he has delivered here. It's always another one problem for him not performing well, either he's forced to defend or the other teammates are shite. We never see these excuses with the top players in other clubs who perform week in week out and lead their teams to win and trophies. It's only here. Everyone need to be at their top day and he needs good defensive midfielders behind him to unleash his "magic". These are just more evidence that he's not a world class player, not proving the opposite.
Well said.

LoneStar

Sick of everything that is happening with this club these days. Even watching the matches doesn't have that feel anymore. Feel so disconnected from the whole thing.

Feck all these divas off the club, don't care if it hurts in the short term, this is embarassing for the club and all the legends who played for it.

I would be somewhat okay if he played like a world class player every week and said shite like this. But he plays like garbage for half of the games, and then talks it up like this.

Mcking

I don't remember making comments about him needing a DM or something. But to score from outside the box - unless it's an absolute stunner - , you have to get in a position to shoot and to to get in a position to shoot, you need movements from your teammates.
The bolded part too says more about the team than Pogba. Who won the game for City against Newcastle? Walker. Our RB should smash it in when we are struggling to beat a team. It doesn't always have to be the 89m man have to be Pogba.

Mr PG

Has always been purely a business arrangement for him. From leaving for Juve to shine and inflate his value in a weaker league (so he and his agent could get a cut of his transfer fees). His aim was always la-liga and he wants to leave before his value deteriorates...which is good for us and him.

Don't kid yourselves though....he's truly world class and will only get better with maturity. The amount of skill he possesses is incredible but he knows his huge frame is not suited to the amount of sprints he has to do in the premier league

tomaldinho1

To be honest all players say this stuff, they all want to hear from the big clubs and see if there's more money on the table elsewhere even if it's just to know their options.

Pogba needs to realize he's a good player but far from a world class one & we paid way over the odds because of the sentimental attachment to an academy product and that he looked a lot better in a much stronger team, in a dominant league.

Mcking

To be honest all players say this stuff, they all want to hear from the big clubs and see if there's more money on the table elsewhere even if it's just to know their options.

Pogba needs to realize he's a good player but far from a world class one & we paid way over the odds because of the sentimental attachment to an academy product and that he looked a lot better in a much stronger team, in a dominant league.
Griezmann comes to mind.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's making it harder and harder to like him, isn't he?

IrishGlen

This isn’t good. It seems he’s angling for the move in January alright. Aw, let him go - we need players that are hungry & committed to this club. Whether it’s a deteriorating relationship with Mourinho, his “dream move” or whether he wants parity with Sánchez, once he starts all this in the media - he should go. No player will ever be bigger than this club!

He’s world class on his day (a day we don’t see that often to be fair) and probably the most complete midfielder in the world when on form. There’s nothing he can’t do however he has a bad attitude. (Maybe being influenced by Mino as he doesn’t really seem the type himself). We should be expecting around 150m but I doubt Barcelona will pay that (weren’t they quite limited before the Neymar sale)!

Kostov

The market has gone crazy but not to the point that a club is ready to buy Pogba for this price. I even think that despite the fact that the market is not the same as it was before the transfers of Neymar, Mbappe ... Pogba saw its value depreciate.

It's true that he won the World Cup and he was very good. But he wasn't the talisman, he was more in a supporting role.

And these 2 seasons at Manchester United, although I think they are underestimated, we can't say that he was brilliant.

We are far from the 22-23-year-old Pogba who played as an attacking midfielder with a spectacular but effective style as he won the cup and the league in Italy and had a great statistics season with 15 assists and 10 goals in less than 50 games.

With his hype at his peak and the crazy potential in an offensive role, he didn't even cost 100m. But now that he's older, his hype has gone down and he's not playing in an offensive role anymore, he's going to cost twice as much?

We just have to see how the Juve fans were disappointed to see him go and how many fans of Manchester United would be happy or indifferent if he was sold to understand that 200m for Pogba is nothing more than a pipe dream .
Barca paid how much for Coutinho? 150m+ if i’m not mistaken. I don’t see a reason why we would sell for less. Even though you make some good points, yet he is 25 year old, and WC winner, and commercially very valuable to us. If they want him that much they have to pay, otherwise he will sit on the bench.

el3mel

I don't remember making comments about him needing a DM or something. But to score from outside the box - unless it's an absolute stunner - , you have to get in a position to shoot and to to get in a position to shoot, you need movements from your teammates.
The bolded part too says more about the team than Pogba. Who won the game for City against Newcastle? Walker. Our RB should smash it in when we are struggling to beat a team. It doesn't always have to be the 89m man have to be Pogba.
He got at a position to shoot and he did in this game. I guess you don't remember well then.

Walker costed them 50m and is the most expensive RB in the world. He's not anyone or a cheap player.

Last edited:

Cantonagotmehere

He's had unfair criticism from outside perhaps. I think the Utd fans have generally been behind him all the way though. Now, just when the club need him and the rest of the players to be showing some sort of united front after a wobbly start, he comes out with all this rubbish, intensifying the scrutiny on the team even more. Strange behaviour from someone who claims to love Utd so much. Hardly surprising that supporters are getting fed up with him now.
Sadly, this is correct.

Mcking

He got at a position to shoot and he did in this game. I guess you don't remember well then.

Walker costed them 50m and is the most expensive RB in the world. He's not anyone or a cheap player.
I remember him shooting. He shot and shot really but the GK saved really well.
EDIT - On the issue of Walker, I know he cost a lot but so did most of our players.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not the first player to say he doesn't know what will happen in the future.

Canagel

Only a matter of time before he leaves. First the failed bid from Barcelona then the getting 'fined' comments to Pique and Suarez tapping him up in the press and now this. Everything is being prepared for a big move to Barcelona. He was never going to stay here long term so why the outrage? Especially when we aren't exactly fighting for the biggest trophies at this moment.

Mcking

He's not the first player to say he doesn't know what will happen in the future.
But everyone is trying to make it look that way. It's better to say what he said than to say 'I'm staying' and end up leaving. Mind you, I'm not trying the say making those comments were ok.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
The mere fact Rooney got more shit for less than what this guy is up to, speaks volumes...

In fact, while it may be controversial to some on here, thinking Steven Gerrard wasn't a world class player (which a lot have said on here in the past) and Pogba is, well... That's just sheer fecking lunacy

sp_107

Been his supporter for the longest time but to come out at a time when the team is most United and try to shift the spotlight to your desire to leave the club is scum at best. I don’t care how good he plays the next game, he needs to be sold ASAP.
Agreed.

Seems Barca links are doing his head in, also it appears he is following Riolas lead here.

What I didn't like is after the kind of shit we went through in last few weeks finally things are settling in and now this thing !

Not sure how many games Valencia would play this year means pog is going to be captain for most of the games but his comments are so irrosnpnsible.

Who ever the manager is going to be I think his heart is set on Barca. That's what I felt

clarkydaz

Has anyone considered he wants to go to la-liga as he knows his style is better suited to a slower league?
He would look better in Spain/Barca. Never have to chase the ball back and players standing off him as he's stud rolling the ball. When Ronaldo was pulling this stuff he was winning us the league and CL. This guy, I mean... you cant get 4 good games out of him. This is what the club asked for, this is what they got

RedDevilzFox

I hope even if we have to sell him, which looks likely, that it is not a "Di Maria" deal. Barca should be made to pay "Neymar" fee and Pogba should be told he can leave if the deal is good for United.

van Nistelrooy

Get this over-hyped fool out of the club!

Manchester United are a laughing stock as it is. Why continue to accommodate this sort of behaviour from a player who has done so little on the pitch?!

Can't believe people think Pogba should be captain too. GET OUT!

Mcking

He would look better in Spain/Barca. Never have to chase the ball back and players standing off him as he's stud rolling the ball. When Ronaldo was pulling this stuff he was winning us the league and CL. This guy, I mean... you cant get 4 good games out of him. This is what the club asked for, this is what they got
Unno, those 'he's not a world class midfielder, not even top 10 comments'... Who are those world class midfielders then? You'd barely hear 2 midfielders from the EPL where Pogba actually play. If going to La Liga helps him realise his full potential, then I'd have nothing against him.