Tarrou

I'm surprised the club allowed it to be honest

these usually don't turn out well and we're all about brand value these days

then again, he'll probably have left by the time its aired

Barnslig

Said to be aired in 2022. I cant see how the club has greenlit Amazon going anywhere near behind the scenes to create this documentary.

Surely Amazon would rather keep their series on clubs and do the club Manchester United? I think it's been suggested and the club has turned it down.

jackal&hyde

This type of shows increase brand value.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He will be sold in the Summer so it doesn't matter.
You think so? We usually renew contracts until we almost have no choice to do so. I'd like in form Pobga to be part of this team but I don't want us to sink tons of money into a player whose in and out of form /fitness and whose agent won't stop stirring shit up.

sugar_kane

My main thought is how on earth did they think Pogmentary sounded better than PogUmentary?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
And I get laughed at for saying that having Raiola as an agent is an indication of egotism.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I predict it will show that Pogba is a really nice normal guy, who doesn’t live a massively over the top lifestyle which is portrayed in the media. Any fans who watch it will come away thinking “I got Pogba all wrong”. It’s obvious to me that he has a decent character but there’s some nut jobs in here who absolutely can’t stand anything he does.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Will cameras be allowed into the inner sanctum at the club?
I'd doubt it.

More Pogba circus.

Dan_F

I hope he changes his mind. It really effected Michael Jordan in 97 having a documentary crew follow him around.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A total nonissue that will get many foaming at the mouth.

I know it's a cliched thing to say, but this would never have happened under SAF. It would be Beckham all over again.

Drz

Guessing this will revolve around Pogba and not the club. Besides some snippets of dressing room tom-foolery filmed on his cellphone and a view of Carrington and OT from outside, I really don't see United allowing access to 1st team briefings and such...

Oranges038

It's pogsible that this will have a pogitive pogfect on the the pogbrand and will boost his pogfluence pogline on pogstagram and the like. For Pogchester United. I doubt the club will poglow the pogmentary crew poglimited pogcess to the pogging ground, as the pogcus poground it could pogpact pogatively on the rest of the team.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I guess it's the modern equivalent of footballers 'writing' an autobiography whilst still in their mid 20s instead of at the back end of their career. Never really understood it.

I don't think I'll be watching it anyway. The only one of these recent football docs I've watched was the Sunderland one. Never did get around to the 2nd season actually.

Can't blame him for taking the opportunity though, I imagine it's tidy earner.

thepolice123

Didn't Mbappe, Giroud, Griezmann all made their own documentaries?

Never watched any of them but how is this different?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I guess it's the modern equivalent of footballers 'writing' an autobiography whilst still in their mid 20s instead of at the back end of their career. Never really understood it.

I don't think I'll be watching it anyway. The only one of these recent football docs I've watched was the Sunderland one. Never did get around to the 2nd season actually.

Can't blame him for taking the opportunity though, I imagine it's tidy earner.
It’s not an autobiography though. It’s a glimpse into a day-to-day life of a modern footballer at the (supposed) top of his game, which is something that Amazon is the most interested in.

It’s a completely different genre to, say, if Rooney were to make a documentary on his time at Derby, mostly reminiscing about his career.

saivet

Didn't Mbappe, Giroud, Griezmann all made their own documentaries?

Never watched any of them but how is this different?
I doubt it will be any different, I also saw Sergio Ramos has a documentary on Amazon prime too. I guess it's a popular thing to do, and maybe CR7 started the trend as I don't recall many doing them before him?

thepolice123

I doubt it will be any different, I also saw Sergio Ramos has a documentary on Amazon prime too. I guess it's a popular thing to do, and maybe CR7 started the trend as I don't recall many doing them before him?
I took quick look at the documentaries and it was mostly just interviews and match replays. It was boring as hell. I seriously doubt it would show any of the club.

Eugenius

I think people underestimate how much free time footballers have in general.

The ex pros who complain about 'modern footballers' are the ones spent a lot of their time in the pub or bookies.

thepolice123

I know it's a cliched thing to say, but this would never have happened under SAF. It would be Beckham all over again.
You know its been nearly two decades? Its really time to move on and accept modern day football. :lol:

Infra-red

Only here for another couple of months. I would assume that this "Pogmentary" (*vomits*) will cover his move to Inter/Juve/PSG/wherever.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’ll come across as a normal guy & people will still shit on him. I’ve never known one of our own players who is actually performing well be subjected to the amount of shit this guy has for so many years. There’s a large percentage of United fans that despise this guy. How weird is that when you think about it? Hating your best player.

Zlatattack

I look forward to seeing it. Shame we didn't get one as a club. I'd love to watch that.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Why is everyone so adamant that Pogba is leaving in the summer?

It's said every single summer by lots of people on this forum & yet here we are Pogba is still here. I mean if they keep saying it one year they'll eventually be right, right?

Joke of a fanbase. Pogba has been playing well and is one of the main reasons we are still where we are & is vital to the club. Sure his agent likes to ruffle feathers, but I don't care about it too much and the players don't seem to mind either, so why should we as fans?

If it's not Pogba's hair cut that's got people mad, it's his dancing, if it's not his dancing, it's his documentary, if it's not his documentary it's his agent. Do people not have anything else more important to worry about?

RUCK4444

Perhaps he thinks he can change the way people seem to perceive him by doing a documentary like this.

I mean we all know how divisive he is as a player, people make their minds up pretty quick about him.

I’ve always thought positively about him and his ability, many don’t and seem to have a strange dislike for him. Perhaps that’s what his PR team are looking to address.