'Pogmentary' - Amazon to produce documentary on Pogba's life

Infra-red

Why is everyone so adamant that Pogba is leaving in the summer?

It's said every single summer by lots of people on this forum & yet here we are Pogba is still here. I mean if they keep saying it one year they'll eventually be right, right?
He has a year left on his deal. If we don't sell him this summer then he'll leave on a free transfer next year, which isn't something you'd expect United to countenance.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He has a year left on his deal. If we don't sell him this summer then he'll leave on a free transfer next year, which isn't something you'd expect United to countenance.
I'd be very surprised if they let him go for free. There'll be discussions going on behind the scenes, United aren't a selling club usually, so I highly doubt they'd let a star player just leave for free.

That being said he's an important player so I expect him to sign a new contract once the season is over.

United Junkie

I predict it will show that Pogba is a really nice normal guy, who doesn’t live a massively over the top lifestyle which is portrayed in the media. Any fans who watch it will come away thinking “I got Pogba all wrong”. It’s obvious to me that he has a decent character but there’s some nut jobs in here who absolutely can’t stand anything he does.
I also believe he's a nice guy. Quite immature with his antics but at the same time he does it in an innocent way. I remember people here making up bizarre theories like the time when he had his hair painted blue in the match against City. As if it was some conjured up evil move by Paul too piss off United and it's fans and send an message to City like 'pick me up guys!'. That's not how he is. I genuinely believe that.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It’s not an autobiography though. It’s a glimpse into a day-to-day life of a modern footballer at the (supposed) top of his game, which is something that Amazon is the most interested in.

It’s a completely different genre to, say, if Rooney were to make a documentary on his time at Derby, mostly reminiscing about his career.
It sounds like it's going to contain autobiographical content as well, stuff from his childhood and playing at youth level, according to the article I read this morning (though they may be speculating on content).

It is different of course, but personally, I'd rather watch the full scope of a player's career in a doc/series, which can still capture when they were at the top of their game, along with everything else. Then again, it's not marketed towards me, so perhaps this is exactly what people want.

You know its been nearly two decades? Its really time to move on and accept modern day football. :lol:
It is, but i still think this is a step too far. Pogba is a one man circus show and i'd rather the focus was on the team as a whole.

Coops73

I’m surprised it’s taken him this long to make a documentary about his extraordinary life, let’s hope he’s playing somewhere else when it comes out.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Football is just mental these days. Players get all this fanfare and attention for nothing. Players these days become global icons in the blink of an eye, making millions along the way. There were genuine greats in the past that didn't get this or the money that lesser players get these days. I suppose it's the power of social media and the Internet.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
My youngest sister described something as "pog" (to mean good) the other day.

She has no idea who Paul Pogba is and said it was an online gaming term.
:lol:

She's right though, it's quite popular word on Twitch TV, with the emote (PogChamp) specifically created for expressing joy, excitement and hype during gameplays and online duels.

RedDevil@84

Amazon: People say lot of things about you. How do you feel?

PP: Most of the things are not true. They don't know the real me. They don't know what I have gone through. Etc etc.

norm87cro

I hope he changes his mind. It really effected Michael Jordan in 97 having a documentary crew follow him around.
Cmon mate Jordan is probably the greatest basketball player ever and somebody who definetly deserved the attention with something like that. Pogba hasn't lived up to the hype that he deserves a documentary. Mentioning them in the same sentence is a bit insulting to MJ

LoneStar

I predict it will show that Pogba is a really nice normal guy, who doesn’t live a massively over the top lifestyle which is portrayed in the media. Any fans who watch it will come away thinking “I got Pogba all wrong”. It’s obvious to me that he has a decent character but there’s some nut jobs in here who absolutely can’t stand anything he does.
The problem is that there won't be any viewership without drama. Just look at the way Drive to Survive changed narratives and created drama when there was none. You can be assured that they'll take things out of context, and create their own narrative to suit a story.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
some comments on internet from fans of all of the clubs.

"Will be like the anelka one, everyone is against me, they're the pricks not me"
"Will you spend most of the time dancing"
"Haha nobody's gonna want to watch that fecking showpony"
"Pogmentary: Escape from Old Trafford "
"I moved from Italy for a lot of money and let everyone down. The end."
"Yuppp probably of him just comparing his world cup trophies with the current England team"
"Haircuts diamond earrings and dabbing Won’t take long to make"
"FFS.....He must be the most important person on the planet....He kicks a ball, doesn't save lives !!"
"The guy is the most over hyped player ever "
"Why make documentaries on such useless player"
"Is it been directed by Mino Raiola just like his life ?"
"Way too early for this..5 wasted years at Utd..too many inconsistent performances.."
"He plays footy and gets haircuts what else to see??? "
"Other than the odd Man Utd supporter who would want 2 watch a documentary about a prima dona overrated footballer fcs"
"Something you do when your playing days come to an end not when the club you’re playing for hasn’t won any honours for years."
"Be strange watching a documentary on someone who’s made a career hiding. "
"Why do these ego maniacs feel the need ? He is in his 20's FFS, his life is hardly in its prime."
"That's great news for anyone interested in Paul Pogba documentaries. "
"Is there anything interesting about him? Just seems a self absorbed brat to me"
"With an ego like his, that’s no surprise. Will only last one episode if that. Done a bit with Juventus, won with France, that’s about it. Been a failure for his salary levels really at Man Utd. Always injured and partying in Miami isn’t he? "
"May explain his arrogance and why he is over payed and overpriced, must’ve cared to put the effort in and some point "
"There'll be a whole episode watching him do his penalty run up."
"Joined United from France, left for free to Juve, United bought me back for 90m, did feck all for 4 years until my agent started chatting shit and then decided to play well. Can’t fecking wait."
"Before it’s aired his agent will get him a move to Netflix"
"So many many hours of him getting his hair done. Woohoo. Who wants to watch that."

thepolice123

Cmon mate Jordan is probably the greatest basketball player ever and somebody who definetly deserved the attention with something like that. Pogba hasn't lived up to the hype that he deserves a documentary. Mentioning them in the same sentence is a bit insulting to MJ
I didn't know you have to do something to deserve a documentary. Even Jeremy Lin has one. :lol:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I watched the Ronaldo documentary and it was pure shite, nearly two hours of an ego massage - this will be no different.

Dan_F

I was referring to the people who are saying it’s a distraction, not whether he’s deserving of a documentary. If he’s not deserving, no one will watch it, so I wouldn’t worry.

Siorac

I'll never understand the market for footballers' biographies and documentaries like this. At the end of their careers, sure - but I'm not particularly excited about what Pogba can tell about his career so far. Particularly as it's probably going to be somewhat sanitised, considering he might not want to burn bridges.

snk123

Do it after you retire ffs. You've not earned the right to have your own documentary at this time - grow up.

Champagne Football

Wonder will he cry at some point during it to try to convey the human side?

He's been playing brilliantly lately so I ain't gonna criticise him.

I don't think the club will be extending his contract, as Raiola will be demanding a weekly amount that would destroy the dressing room, and I think the club are trying to ship out the 2 players we have left, who are being paid far more in relation to what they are giving on the pitch.

Maybe Zidane will put in an acceptable bid over summer.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Have documentaries, either individual or franchise based, ever been net positives for any professional club?

shahzy

The amount of miserable cnuts on here "I wont be watching it. Ive made up my mind" Congrats. Its clear hes trying to change his image from what you blokes believe from the media

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely it should be Pogumentary rather than Pogmentary?

Anyone else have slight reservations that this is going to end up like a footballing version of Lebron's 'The Decision'?

Otherwise, it seems a bit of a strange time to be a making a documentary - middle of his career, not challenging for the very top honours domestically, Euros year rather than a World Cup.

Working in the industry, I know how much companies love a hook. Without either a 'Decision' moment, or a new club and new era, there doesn't really seem to be a strong one.

Hopefully not though.