Pogmentary

captaincantona

It takes a certain type of egomaniac to produce the very ordinary displays that he did for this club, to be injured so much, and to publicly flaunt a lack of commitment so brazenly...to then seek a pay rise and want a team built around him.
Delusional. Very glad he is gone.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The guy who made this thread :lol:. Still living rent free. Will get some dopamine from the responses no doubt.

Stainz

Pay me, plan around me, me me me.

Even if he was playing brilliant for us i would be sceptical to keeping him around.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He must be devastated to find out in fact no big team has any interest whatsoever in “building a project around him”. Such a shame some of the most talented midfielders of this generation (Pogba, Verratti, probably others) succumbed to the me, me, me stereotypes and continued to be man-children right to the ends of their careers.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
A dream documentary for the United fanbase. Bound to be oodles of new reasons to moan about the club, all from the viewpoint of someone unable and unwilling to see his own contribution to our plight.

TheGame

All Raiola's clients are this way. He was the real virus, Pogba let's be honest is an impressionable kid who's never known any different.

Glad he's got his World Cup because he'll be quickly forgotten as another nearly man in football's history books.
He's 29 years old. You can understand the naivety of a youngster but Pogba never seems to learn and lives in an alternate world where he is giving world class performance week in, week out. £300k is a pretty decent offer for any so called top player.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Mental some of you would watch this. I’m trying to block this clown from my memory.

TheGame

He must be devastated to find out in fact no big team has any interest whatsoever in “building a project around him”. Such a shame some of the most talented midfielders of this generation (Pogba, Verratti, probably others) succumbed to the me, me, me stereotypes and continued to be man-children right to the ends of their careers.
All this talk of big clubs fighting it out for him and he's returning to the safety of Juventus. All the talent but wasted on Pogba.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yawn.

I find him pretty irrelevant now. In fact I don't find myself interested in these football documentaries at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is what happens when you're surrounded by yes men and people making you believe your own hype unfortunately.

Only small selection of clubs will get you a 300k a week contract offer, I really think he expected to leave as a free agent and get a huge signing on fee with a 300k+ wage.

Clearly that's not worked out for him how he expected.

I don't know if he's earning less than 300k at Juve or not, but I hope he is happy with his decision. He never truly seemed happy here anyway, so best he moved on.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This is what happens when you're surrounded by yes men and people making you believe your own hype unfortunately.

Only small selection of clubs will get you a 300k a week contract offer, I really think he expected to leave as a free agent and get a huge signing on fee with a 300k+ wage.

Clearly that's not worked out for him how he expected.

I don't know if he's earning less than 300k at Juve or not, but I hope he is happy with his decision. He never truly seemed happy here anyway, so best he moved on.
He is earning more than 300K at Juve, not sure where others got this news that he got half of 300K at Juve.

Romano confirmed that Pogba gets 8 million net fixed pay and then add ons on top of that. Then you add signing on fee all that, he will get very good money.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He is earning more than 300K at Juve, not sure where others got this news that he got half of 300K at Juve.

Romano confirmed that Pogba gets 8 million net fixed pay and then add ons on top of that. Then you add signing on fee all that, he will get very good money.
It's because the tax system in Italy, its probably why he's gone back to Italy.

meamth

I backed him up.

Shows that no player is worthy of support in this era.

Feck him.

roonster09

Scout
It's because the tax system in Italy, its probably why he's gone back to Italy.
Yeah, so post tax he will make good money than at ManUtd.

I think its combination of things, Madrid, PSG didn't show much interest (or any interest), he had his best spell at Juventus and they wanted him.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
More PR and sympathethic client journalism to keep the brand afloat. I mean I predict he will be better know for stuff post football than for football. Like he will be business successful and in ten years people will talk more about this than anything he ever did on the pitch.

Woodzy

I'm assuming this documentary was filmed a while ago, and if those quotes are included in it then it would imply he never had any intent of signing a new contract. There's no way that could be included if he was still at the club.

The biggest attention seeking cnut I have ever seen.

GazTheLegend

Turns down "nothing" offer from United and signs for less for Juventus..:wenger:
They only pay 10% tax in Italy for 2 years due to the brain return scheme so it will end up with him earning more p/w overall. If we offered 300k but they gov takes 150k, Juventus offer 200k which becomes 180k and thus actually he earns more there after tax. It's all been about the money this time for Pogba.

Last edited:

AlexUTD

They only pay 10% tax in Italy for 2 years due to the brain return scheme so it will end up with him earning more more. If we offered 300k but they gov takes 150k, Juventus offer 200k which becomes 180k and thus actually he earns more there after tax. It's all been about the money this time for Pogba.
Ok sorry my bad, that makes him actually look worse :lol:

Infra-red

I'm assuming this documentary was filmed a while ago, and if those quotes are included in it then it would imply he never had any intent of signing a new contract. There's no way that could be included if he was still at the club.

The biggest attention seeking cnut I have ever seen.
He probably thought Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich et al would all be falling over themselves this summer to "build a project" around him. :lol:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yeah, so post tax he will make good money than at ManUtd.

I think its combination of things, Madrid, PSG didn't show much interest (or any interest), he had his best spell at Juventus and they wanted him.
Yes, but that just shows him chasing money, if the Monaco plaything worked the way it was meant to, no doubt he'd be heading there for tax reason.

Fact is Juve offering him 8m would be like United and other clubs having to offer around 16m - and for a player like Pogba, that was never going to happen.

roonster09

Scout
Yes, but that just shows him chasing money, if the Monaco plaything worked the way it was meant to, no doubt he'd be heading there for tax reason.

Fact is Juve offering him 8m would be like United and other clubs having to offer around 16m - and for a player like Pogba, that was never going to happen.
I don't think that was the discussion.

Anyways "he chased money" is silly argument, it's not as if left trophy winning machine to make money, we also paid him good money.

He moved from making good Money and slim chance of winning league to a club where he makes even more money and better chance of winning league.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Apparently out on Amazon shortly. Sounds like it will make for an interesting/irritating watch.

:rolleyes:
I love this because its the very definition of unwarranted entitlement on display.

Paul Pogba has spent 2 full seasons worth of games, of the past 5 seasons injured. He has not been a consistent dominant player on the pitch and downright poor for long stretches. He was no longer the star in the team, being pushed down the peckingorder by Bruno first, and then Ronaldo.

His contract demands, or that of Raiola rather, was a contract you offer to a Pirlo, De Bruyne or Xavi. Actual agents of the game with the longevity and consistency to warrant the status. Not constant warm-climate rehabilitation projects entering the final third of his career.

That he somehow imagined that a occasionally brilliant, more-often-than-not forgetful humpty dumpty that does not lead the team should be the leading star is just the pinnacle of get fecked.

Footballers who build brands and attention around themselves do it at the height of their success, or because they somehow made themselves loveable and relevant despite never being "the guy", but they also never pretended to be. "What would you be if you werent a footballer? "A virgin" - Peter Crouch

Pogba has managed to put out a documentary about his career at the lowest point of interest in his career. Im sure some people will watch it. Im also certain the entire thing will be as forgetfutful as his contributions on the pitch.

Green_Red

Am I the only one that's going to miss his fake running? Kicking his legs out behind him trying to give the illusion he is trying hard?

GazTheLegend

Ok sorry my bad, that makes him actually look worse :lol:
I don't actually blame him for that. If he's chosen to chase money that's absolutely fine, he's looking after himself and his family. My understanding is he wants to become a billionaire. It is mercenary and it speaks to not actually giving a shit about the club or fans but then I'm not sure many people would turn up to watch any club if they knew what some players were really like behind the scenes. But it does make it hard to care about him leaving - clearly we made a good offer which he absolutely does not deserve, so we are lucky to be rid. That 300k per week can do a lot for us

AlexUTD

I don't actually blame him for that. If he's chosen to chase money that's absolutely fine, he's looking after himself and his family. My understanding is he wants to become a billionaire. It is mercenary and it speaks to not actually giving a shit about the club or fans but then I'm not sure many people would turn up to watch any club if they knew what some players were really like behind the scenes. But it does make it hard to care about him leaving - clearly we made a good offer which he absolutely does not deserve, so we are lucky to be rid. That 300k per week can do a lot for us
It sure does. And i think it will be easier to "reset" this squad without a selfish player like Pogba for Ten Hag.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Strange to call 300k nothing when he is likely going to sign a similar contract at another club. Buzzing he has finally left, hope to hear as little as possible about him in the future.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The only interesting footballer Documentary out there is Asif Kapadia's Diego Maradona (2019).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Did we actually offer him 300k :lol:
Exactly, this is the thing annoying me from reading the quotes thus far.

Disgusting that we offered a player who was so inconsistent his whole career for us that much money. It would've been akin to Arsenal giving Ozil and Aubamayeng that much money late in their careers when a decline was evident.