Pogmentary

justsomebloke

Not terribly interested in what amounts to a Pogba Brand commercial, but the much quoted bit where Raiola and Pogba roll their eyes in disbelief over a "nothing" offer of 300K+ a week while Raiola goes on about an expectation that the club build a project around him is really something. That's a raise (though not a big one) on a contract that was already among the biggest in the PL, and after several years of what practically everyone would consider underachievement relative to the expectations that contract was based on. If he thinks he can do better (which I doubt), that's fair enough. But to regard this as an insult of unprecedented absurdity seems to me to smack of having been taken in by his own branding bullshit. That offer wasn't just fair, it was arguably at the extreme end of what would be justifiable.

justsomebloke

I’ve no intention of watching this, and I’m only reading page 7 of the thread currently, so I’m not sure if it’s been addressed further along but the main bugbear I’m getting is the fact it’s called the Pogmentary. Shouldn’t it be Pogumentary? Pedantic I know!
To continue in that vein, would not this suggest that we should regard it as commentary, not a documentary? :)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Great documentary about pogba and his life as a fotboll player, He speaks the truth. Give this a one a chance. Thoes who are bashing it are the man united fans that are sour for his departure from the club.
Hey, he speaks the truth. Not many fotbollers do that, you know.

The part in bold is...er, let's just say that I don't think this guy reads the Caf.

Ted Lasso

every other review is1/10. Are they all from the caf? :confused:
I enjoy watching trash reality tv including an episode here and there of things like Real Housewives. Could barely get through the first episode of Pogmentary. Consensus seems to be it's got about 20-30 minutes of interesting content across the series and the rest of the hours of footage is useless. Ironically, much like Pogba's football for United.

Gums

I just finished the first episode and it has changed the way I see him.

I wasn‘t a fan of his, I felt — and spending time on the Caf is mostly responsible for this — he was not worth his cost and I disliked what I perceived as his attitude. I am glad he has left but felt somewhat bitter/annoyed/disappointed. But watching it, I see the young kid he was when he joined, I see how immature he was, and most of all, I see the two key figures in his professional life: his agent and his lawyer. I think they were a bad influence for a young formable person like him, but to him they became his second family. So, I somewhat understand his loyalty.

I‘m not going to bother watching any more episodes, not that I can‘t stand it, I just don‘t think it‘s entertaining enough for me to invest a couple of hours.

Watching the first episode has taken away the feelings I mentioned above. I can now close the Pogba chapter without any hard feelings and move on.

Elcabron

Episodes? I thought it was a once off hour long show. Sums him up, should have been concentrating more on his football rather than filming episodes for his documentary.

So glad he is gone.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He kinda managed to burn away all the remaining good will of the fan base by this dumb documentary of his while not even saying anything too inflammatory to begin with.
Takes some skill to be honest with ya.

crossy1686

career ending
He kinda managed to burn away all the remaining good will of the fan base by this dumb documentary of his while not even saying anything too inflammatory to begin with.
Takes some skill to be honest with ya.
It’s weird really, because with the ambiguity behind what really happened at United with Jose and in general he’s been called a good guy by many people who know him, he then goes and puts this out and completely crushes any chance he had of anyone feeling like there’s a chance he was hard done by

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It’s weird really, because with the ambiguity behind what really happened at United with Jose and in general he’s been called a good guy by many people who know him, he then goes and puts this out and completely crushes any chance he had of anyone feeling like there’s a chance he was hard done by
I really don't think he has the best personal advisors around.
The way he choose to present himself really makes him look bad.

Zoo

Finished this last night. 5 episodes of nothingness like a lot of his career. Just a branding exercise. His wife and two agents actually came across as more interesting, whereas Pogba just seems like he’s a dreamer. Also telling that only Lindelof and Varane from United were in this.

Moriarty

Finished this last night. 5 episodes of nothingness like a lot of his career. Just a branding exercise. His wife and two agents actually came across as more interesting, whereas Pogba just seems like he’s a dreamer. Also telling that only Lindelof and Varane from United were in this.
You realize that you'll never get that time back again. When you're old and doddery like me, you'll look back and wonder why you didn't use those hours doing something more productive like do-it-yourself dentistry or something. By the way, any truth in the rumour that he's moving in next door to the Kardashians?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Couple that with an inflated ego and a sense of entitlement and the Pogmentary was born
And it's truly a sight to behold.
I had a morbid curiosity about what it is so saw some of it and Jesus Christ if he doesn't come off as insufferable.

Incredible how they manged to come of so self fellating in a documentary by themselves if anything it made him look worse than before because to be honest I alway kinda respected him for not being an absolute knob outside the pitch (getting arrested, being an ass etc etc)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The most shocking thing for me is many fans defended him here for way, way too long

crossy1686

career ending
And it's truly a sight to behold.
I had a morbid curiosity about what it is so saw some of it and Jesus Christ if he doesn't come off as insufferable.

Incredible how they manged to come of so self fellating in a documentary by themselves if anything it made him look worse than before because to be honest I alway kinda respected him for not being an absolute knob outside the pitch (getting arrested, being an ass etc etc)
I’ve only watched one episode and that was enough for me to tune out, but it’s a painful watch for sure.

Personally I can’t wait for the Jesse Lingard documentary…

Tyrion

Not terribly interested in what amounts to a Pogba Brand commercial, but the much quoted bit where Raiola and Pogba roll their eyes in disbelief over a "nothing" offer of 300K+ a week while Raiola goes on about an expectation that the club build a project around him is really something. That's a raise (though not a big one) on a contract that was already among the biggest in the PL, and after several years of what practically everyone would consider underachievement relative to the expectations that contract was based on. If he thinks he can do better (which I doubt), that's fair enough. But to regard this as an insult of unprecedented absurdity seems to me to smack of having been taken in by his own branding bullshit. That offer wasn't just fair, it was arguably at the extreme end of what would be justifiable.
Yep. I was delighted that they hated the offer because I hated it too, just for the opposite reasons. United should have offered him either reduced money or the same for a year or two to sell him to PSG.

Ted Lasso

I just finished the first episode and it has changed the way I see him.

I wasn‘t a fan of his, I felt — and spending time on the Caf is mostly responsible for this — he was not worth his cost and I disliked what I perceived as his attitude. I am glad he has left but felt somewhat bitter/annoyed/disappointed. But watching it, I see the young kid he was when he joined, I see how immature he was, and most of all, I see the two key figures in his professional life: his agent and his lawyer. I think they were a bad influence for a young formable person like him, but to him they became his second family. So, I somewhat understand his loyalty.

I‘m not going to bother watching any more episodes, not that I can‘t stand it, I just don‘t think it‘s entertaining enough for me to invest a couple of hours.

Watching the first episode has taken away the feelings I mentioned above. I can now close the Pogba chapter without any hard feelings and move on.
Felt very similar to you. The part in bold - you're being too kind. Raiola and his lawyer are not just influential, they are manipulative predators. They latched onto an impressionable young man and snuck into his home as though they cared about him. They cared about the monetary value they could make off him.

Should honestly spark some changes and regulations on ability of agents to become rich off teenage clients.

SAFMUTD

I don't understand how anybody from Pogba's team though this "documentary" was a good idea. He lands really poorly, I don't think anybody can defend his posture.

The whole point of the documentary was, or at least I like to think was, supposed to paint him as a hard worker and professional player and instead we get a version of Pogba that very few people will be willing to defend.

If there was any doubt about us making the wrong move of letting him go, it went out the window with this. We're lucky he didn't signed that 300K contract, or we would be still stucked with him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I don't understand how anybody from Pogba's team though this "documentary" was a good idea.
Have you seen posts from his fans? "Sorry Pogba you are blamed", imagine if these are the posts from his fans, what kind of messages he will be getting from his family, friends, agents.