Point Differential vs last year

Skills

Snitch
Just a point worse that corresponding fixtures last year - not all doom and gloom. :eek:
We were self destructing this time last season, and it took a monumental winning streak through Dec-February to make the season look half acceptable. We'll see if we pull off something like that this year.

Suedesi

We were self destructing this time last season, and it took a monumental winning streak through Dec-February to make the season look half acceptable. We'll see if we pull off something like that this year.
It’s not really about timing, it’s how are doing vs the corresponding fixtures last season.

It’s not rosy obviously, but some perspective is needed especially as half the Caf is losing their minds over ‘relegation’.

Amerifan

Not very encouraging, is it? We’re actually doing worse than last year...

tomaldinho1

It is a really bleak picture. What makes it worse and dig into those results and the points dropped are hardly against the top teams.

Withnail

Good work man and I know there isn't much you can do about it but Sheffield aren't the equivalent of Fulham given how well they are doing.

Seeing as we started so poorly and are getting bit of goal scoring form together it will interesting to see what it's like at half-way.

arthurka

I still feel Ole will finish this season but I can´t really see him staying longer than that.

TRUERED89

In saying that if we continue to be better off by 1 point every 2 games we'll be 19 points better than last season. Still well off winning the league but comfortably 3rd.
God I hope you’re right, but we aren’t finishing 3rd :lol:. Feel free to verbally abuse me if I’m wrong, I’ll be happy to take it!

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No way we will be better off than last season, people forgetting last season included an incredible run when Ole first took over.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't see you winning that many away. 1 win in 7, got Man. City next up and then in second half of the season trips to Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester which aren't all going to be 3 points.

Going to be a 55-60 point season I think so similar to the Moyes year.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
No way we will be better off than last season, people forgetting last season included an incredible run when Ole first took over.
Yeah exactly. To be honest I'm expecting us to have the worst season we have had since the early Fergie years.

Bestietom

We need a huge improvement for second half of season. 2/3 players could change things.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Can't see you winning that many away. 1 win in 7, got Man. City next up and then in second half of the season trips to Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester which aren't all going to be 3 points.

Going to be a 55-60 point season I think so similar to the Moyes year.
Originally, I thought that we'd finish in 8th place. This was in the Summer, when many people were talking about us getting top 3 (using their silly logic).
However, I can see that some of our attackers are beginning to gel and D.James has turned out to be a good signing.
With this in mind, I think that we may finish in 6th, which will be 1 place better than D.Moyes.

Roboc7

It’s pretty shocking we are unlikely to reach number of points Mourinho had when he was sacked after 17 games. Need three wins out of four which I think has zero chance of happening.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s pretty shocking we are unlikely to reach number of points Mourinho had when he was sacked after 17 games. Need three wins out of four which I think has zero chance of happening.
Exactly. Ole's form is worse than his predecessors -- he's got to go.

Steve Bruce

God I hope you’re right, but we aren’t finishing 3rd :lol:. Feel free to verbally abuse me if I’m wrong, I’ll be happy to take it!
A lot has happened since the 5th September. Our results have not improved at all. I think we'll be lucky to get anywhere near 4th now.

Treble

Originally, I thought that we'd finish in 8th place. This was in the Summer, when many people were talking about us getting top 3 (using their silly logic).
However, I can see that some of our attackers are beginning to gel and D.James has turned out to be a good signing.
With this in mind, I think that we may finish in 6th, which will be 1 place better than D.Moyes.
We finished on 64 pts under Moyes. Currently, we are on course to 49 pts. A massive improvement is needed just to match Moyes' United.

Still, if the youngsters turn out to be top talents, a shocking season like that is acceptable. But it's a big IF. We are like Arsenal who are experimenting with several youngsters and are far from competing for CL places. The first objective of a top club is to compete for big trophies. Developing youngsters should be a bonus, nothing more. Youngsters might or might not become top players.

AlwaysRed66

This is actually the worst amount of points Man Utd have had after 13 games in our Premiership history. Three points worse in fact than any other season. Let that sink in.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Exactly. Ole's form is worse than his predecessors -- he's got to go.
Worse than meltdown Mourinho which as we all know is the worst version of him. And he's still in the job. Madness.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is actually the worst amount of points Man Utd have had after 13 games in our Premiership history. Three points worse in fact than any other season. Let that sink in.
And yet there doesn't seem to be any proper talk of a sacking.

pacifictheme

It’s not really about timing, it’s how are doing vs the corresponding fixtures last season.

It’s not rosy obviously, but some perspective is needed especially as half the Caf is losing their minds over ‘relegation’.
I don't think anyone is seriously worried about relegation, but the fact anyone is mentioning it at all shows how abject we are. Ole is a poor manager, no getting away from it.

Renegade

Our fixtures have been generous so far this season. It’s only going to get worse.

Withnail

Our fixtures have been generous so far this season. It’s only going to get worse.
We've had a slightly tougher run of league games this year when compared to the first 13 of last season but haven't had to deal with Champions league, including a double header against Juve, on top of it.