Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

RonaldoVII

Got a spare Snorlax? I don't have a lucky one, even though they're ten a penny this week. Or, like I say, we could trade for a shiny, as it's guaranteed lucky. Depends if you are happy with the cost of dust. I'm not sure how much it is at the moment.
Could do a Snorlax. I'm not really fussed with lucky shinies, I'm more after completing the lucky dex.

Sorry I thought this was just prep for tomorrow with only being in distance when you were at work. I'll keep an eye on this thread tomorrow!

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Days away from Best Friend

Sied - 15 days
backofthenet - 21 days
decorativeed - 23 days
onemanarmy - 29 days

Cheesecake901 - 20 days

So got about 20 days to try and work out who Cheesecake is but even if I do, I think their timezone means being able to double up a lucky egg with someone else is unlikely. Said previously I thought they were @Scarlett Dracarys but she said she uninstalled the game. If whoever Cheesecake is, is reading this please send me a private message just so I know and we can maybe organise something closer to the time.
Well now I'm reminded of it and want to reinstall. Cheesecake = Fruitcake aka Pillow ?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Added a few of you, as I'm addicted to the game again, and could uses a few more friends to send gifts to. In game name is dargonk as well.

decorativeed

Could do a Snorlax. I'm not really fussed with lucky shinies, I'm more after completing the lucky dex.

Sorry I thought this was just prep for tomorrow with only being in distance when you were at work. I'll keep an eye on this thread tomorrow!
Ah right, I wasn't sure where you were based and was going to give it a try and see whether we were still in range.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I want to play again but that means Id have shit pokemons. I spend most of my time at home.

My old acc got banned when autocatch programs were all over the internet (2017 maybe?) I used it to get a perfect IV Dragonite. Good times.

decorativeed

I want to play again but that means Id have shit pokemons. I spend most of my time at home.

My old acc got banned when autocatch programs were all over the internet (2017 maybe?) I used it to get a perfect IV Dragonite. Good times.
Just sign up to the Pogo-Map discord group. That helps you catch anything you want and I've caught dozens of 100% pokemon with it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Trying to get back into this and heard a good way of levelling up is to make some friends, so looking for people to add.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Mine is 5474 6914 2667

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Trying to get back into this and heard a good way of levelling up is to make some friends, so looking for people to add.
There are some in the OP. Welcome. It's the sending gifts and leveling up the friend status that gives you more and more XP ("Best Friends" with someone nets 100k)

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
There are some in the OP. Welcome. It's the sending gifts and leveling up the friend status that gives you more and more XP ("Best Friends" with someone nets 100k)
Thanks Damo, accepted your request.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Is there a way of getting remote raid passes for free? Or do you have to buy them?

Minkaro

Is there a way of getting remote raid passes for free? Or do you have to buy them?
They sometimes have them for free in the shop. Just checked, there's a box of three available now, and then there's an "event box" which has another one (+ 10 ultra balls/10 razz berries), also free.

Edit: This is what happens when I open a bunch of threads in tabs, then don't bother refreshing before replying.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
They sometimes have them for free in the shop. Just checked, there's a box of three available now, and then there's an "event box" which has another one (+ 10 ultra balls/10 razz berries), also free.

Edit: This is what happens when I open a bunch of threads in tabs, then don't bother refreshing before replying.
Thanks for the replies.

Just checked the shop and nothing for me :(

I guess it's a great way for them to make some good money.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Found my 2019 acc, at least i didnt have to restart all over

9111 0120 9708 is my code

Damien

Staff
Think there was one added this morning/last night. They sometimes give one out every week or two, with the odd pack of three. I've currently got three and using one for each legendary that appears in raids. Enough have been given out in recent months that I've got Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Landorus and Tornadus.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Think there was one added this morning/last night. They sometimes give one out every week or two, with the odd pack of three. I've currently got three and using one for each legendary that appears in raids. Enough have been given out in recent months that I've got Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Landorus and Tornadus.
Cheers Damo, I managed to pick one up yesterday, although I wasted it trying to get a mega Blastoise, although the host on Pokeraid was too hasty and didn't fill the lobby before attacking it. It was a complete failure, we didn't even take out half his HP.

But in my first raid I did manage to get a Tornadus.

I'll just have to wait until another appears in the shop now as I've been using gym coins on storage upgrades.

Damien

Staff
Cheers Damo, I managed to pick one up yesterday, although I wasted it trying to get a mega Blastoise, although the host on Pokeraid was too hasty and didn't fill the lobby before attacking it. It was a complete failure, we didn't even take out half his HP.

But in my first raid I did manage to get a Tornadus.

I'll just have to wait until another appears in the shop now as I've been using gym coins on storage upgrades.
That's what I do too. Currently on 1000 Item, 950 Pokemon.

As for the lobby thing, if the time goes down to around 10 seconds and the lobby doesn't have 5+ people in, you can press quit before the raid starts and it won't use the pass. With your level and probably Pokemon levels, if you do get in legendary raids you will need the lobby to have as many as possible.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
That's what I do too. Currently on 1000 Item, 950 Pokemon.

As for the lobby thing, if the time goes down to around 10 seconds and the lobby doesn't have 5+ people in, you can press quit before the raid starts and it won't use the pass. With your level and probably Pokemon levels, if you do get in legendary raids you will need the lobby to have as many as possible.
Ah I didn’t know that, I’ll make sure to leave if the lobby isn’t full. How many can join a lobby btw?

Also,my Pokémon are pretty weak, from what I’ve gathered is that should just stack my stardust but that means no upgrading Pokémon, so what should I do to get stronger ones?

Damien

Staff
Ah I didn’t know that, I’ll make sure to leave if the lobby isn’t full. How many can join a lobby btw?
It is possible to invite five people, leave, rejoin again and invite another five hitting the hard limit of 10 people invited, but 9 times out of 10 raids will have the five people invited and that is it, so six people max in a room.

Also,my Pokémon are pretty weak, from what I’ve gathered is that should just stack my stardust but that means no upgrading Pokémon, so what should I do to get stronger ones?
I'm not the greatest for advice as I don't raid a huge lot - some others will be better at this - but I don't really stack-up my stardust too much.

You can generate more stardust during certain Spotlight Hours (next Tuesday, for example). See below for more info on Spotlight Hours and their bonuses:
https://pokemongo.fandom.com/wiki/Pokémon_Spotlight_Hour

You can get stuff including stardust by battling each day in the Go Battle League. Up to 25 battles per day, here are my stats - and that is just from over a season:

You can get decent Pokemon as encounter rewards from it (3 wins) with some decent CP - I think I only used stardust on Rapidash and Cloyster for GBL.

I've amassed 152 rare candies primarily from battle rewards (4 wins in a set), and some from raids. It is suggested that you use rare candy on the legendary/mythical Pokemon (1 rare candy => 1 Pokemon candy transfer rate) with them being the rarest. I'm planning on using mine on my Rayquaza once I have a decent Pokemon to replace it in Ultra League.

Here are my highest rated Pokemon

Others here will have sets of five or six Pokemon like Machamp or Rhyperior for raids (I think there were community days for them a while back). Mine aren't optimised but I do okay on the whole in raids.

In the wild at the moment I'm finding quite a few evolved Pokemon like Lairon, which will be higher CP so they'll help. And on Sunday there's an event for Beldum which can be evolved into Metagross which is good for a few raids too.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It is possible to invite five people, leave, rejoin again and invite another five hitting the hard limit of 10 people invited, but 9 times out of 10 raids will have the five people invited and that is it, so six people max in a room.

I'm not the greatest for advice as I don't raid a huge lot - some others will be better at this - but I don't really stack-up my stardust too much.

You can generate more stardust during certain Spotlight Hours (next Tuesday, for example). See below for more info on Spotlight Hours and their bonuses:
https://pokemongo.fandom.com/wiki/Pokémon_Spotlight_Hour

You can get stuff including stardust by battling each day in the Go Battle League. Up to 25 battles per day, here are my stats - and that is just from over a season:

You can get decent Pokemon as encounter rewards from it (3 wins) with some decent CP - I think I only used stardust on Rapidash and Cloyster for GBL.

I've amassed 152 rare candies primarily from battle rewards (4 wins in a set), and some from raids. It is suggested that you use rare candy on the legendary/mythical Pokemon (1 rare candy => 1 Pokemon candy transfer rate) with them being the rarest. I'm planning on using mine on my Rayquaza once I have a decent Pokemon to replace it in Ultra League.

Here are my highest rated Pokemon

Others here will have sets of five or six Pokemon like Machamp or Rhyperior for raids (I think there were community days for them a while back). Mine aren't optimised but I do okay on the whole in raids.

In the wild at the moment I'm finding quite a few evolved Pokemon like Lairon, which will be higher CP so they'll help. And on Sunday there's an event for Beldum which can be evolved into Metagross which is good for a few raids too.
Cheers Damo, I never really bothered with battles looks like a good way to get star dust.

I think I know about the events, I think there was a fledgling one Sunday just gone, I caught 3 shiny ones .

kentafuji

Honestly, to get better Pokemon just takes time. I cant remember what level you are, but until i think Lvl38 you can only have pokemon that are your level + 2. So if you are Lvl20, you can have Lvl22 Pokemon at maximum for example. Which does make it hard, especially in raids, as generally you want Lvl30+ for 5* raids.

Ultimately, to get better pokemon is just about levelling up (to catch higher level ones), raiding to get the better pokemon(more likely to be 3*) and just getting dust to power them up.

Lots of people say dont power up unless you need that pokemon for a specific purpose, but I just say power up what you want when you want, its your game and you can always get more stardust. I see people sitting on 7million stardust and ridiculous amounts like that, and its like just why. Use it, its doing nothing just sat there.

Damien

Staff
Cheers Damo, I never really bothered with battles looks like a good way to get star dust.

I think I know about the events, I think there was a fledgling one Sunday just gone, I caught 3 shiny ones .
And the good thing is it matchmakes based on your performances, so if you're not doing that well you should end up getting easier matchups.

Honestly, to get better Pokemon just takes time. I cant remember what level you are, but until i think Lvl38 you can only have pokemon that are your level + 2. So if you are Lvl20, you can have Lvl22 Pokemon at maximum for example. Which does make it hard, especially in raids, as generally you want Lvl30+ for 5* raids.
I think it is the case for below level 30s, but my Melmetal is a level 40 one and I've had it since I was around level 30, so I think once you hit 30 you can upgrade Pokemon to level 40.

kentafuji

And the good thing is it matchmakes based on your performances, so if you're not doing that well you should end up getting easier matchups.

I think it is the case for below level 30s, but my Melmetal is a level 40 one and I've had it since I was around level 30, so I think once you hit 30 you can upgrade Pokemon to level 40.
Ah right, that must have been something they've changed then. I remember having to wait to power up past certain levels, cos it just wouldnt let you, the power up box would be unclickable. Glad they changed that. I had a 98% metagross that I kept upgrading everytime i moved up a level until i could max it to 40

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Thanks for the tips.

Another question I had is whether it is better to upgrade Pokémon with higher CP or 3 star IV’s?

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Thanks for the tips.

Another question I had is whether it is better to upgrade Pokémon with higher CP or 3 star IV’s?
Better IV's if you're looking to play the battle scene definitely, but also it does make a difference when you start to max out the Pokemon, in that you'll achieve the higher overall CP

Damien

Staff
Better IV's if you're looking to play the battle scene definitely, but also it does make a difference when you start to max out the Pokemon, in that you'll achieve the higher overall CP
Yeah. When I started out and didn't have much storage space I started off with those that had a higher CP to give me a better chance at attacking gyms but now I don't have to worry about that I do go for the better IVs.

kentafuji

IVs are all relative to what you want to do in the game.

Want to play Master League alot, then you want the best IVs possible, cos you would want your mons to be as close to their max CP as possible.

Prefer Great/Ultra League, then you want a different spread of IVs depending on the pokemon, like say a 0/15/15 would be better than have than a 15/15/15.

Raiding alot? Then that 15atk pokemon is going to better than that 10atk pokemon

I wouldnt worry too much about IVs, type effectiveness and moveset is way more important.

RonaldoVII

You in the UK? I can do 6 to 7. Which 'mon is it tonight by the way?
Yeah I'm in the Uk. Can open the gift in 45 mins ish? It's Drowzee tonight.

Lots of people say dont power up unless you need that pokemon for a specific purpose, but I just say power up what you want when you want, its your game and you can always get more stardust. I see people sitting on 7million stardust and ridiculous amounts like that, and its like just why. Use it, its doing nothing just sat there.
I've 6.6m dust but only really use it when I need to. I think as long as people have maxed out raid attackers for whatever raid is out then there's not really much use in maxing others, apart from the odd trophy Pokemon. I like sitting on dust in case there's a game change or new release which needs me to spend a lot in a short amount of time.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Yeah I'm in the Uk. Can open the gift in 45 mins ish? It's Drowzee tonight.

I've 6.6m dust but only really use it when I need to. I think as long as people have maxed out raid attackers for whatever raid is out then there's not really much use in maxing others, apart from the odd trophy Pokemon. I like sitting on dust in case there's a game change or new release which needs me to spend a lot in a short amount of time.
Lucky egg on mate. Whenever you're ready