decorativeed (gammaray80): 0945 4311 3891
elmo (chuajonathan): 8644 2699 4256
Heardy (Heardy1985): 8139 6791 5328
jrsenior (AlfRD09): 3845 2250 6069
Mystry (Griff0088): 5962 3891 4352
onemanarmy (OneManArmy1983): 2453 3974 8066
RonaldoVII (FrozenInHell): 0675 5697 7758
Sied (SieD45): 2646 3542 6095

Pokemon go App was released in Australia today and walking to the train station has never been more interesting.

Some tips courtsey of @ADJUDICATOR
PS
Ensure data connection is allowed
Use High Accuracy GPS setting
Uncheck 'Allow mock locations' in settings->developer options (debugging)

Battery
Keep an eye on your device temperature
To save some battery via the in-game settings (pokéball icon->settings) you can turn on/off: music, sound effects, vibration and battery saver
Lowest volume and light settings, turn off Bluetooth, unnecessary apps etc. to last longer in-game

Last edited by a moderator:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Elaborate...
Just search Pokemon go apk ... That'll take you to an android app, download it on your phone and install. May need to review security thing as it won't be verified for your region.

IPhone users need to sign into a US account or whatever and download from the store that way

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Just search Pokemon go apk ... That'll take you to an android app, download it on your phone and install. May need to review security thing as it won't be verified for your region.

IPhone users need to sign into a US account or whatever and download from the store that way
And it will work fine even if the game has not launched here?

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
This game wants me to go outside. I have never been so conflicted in my life.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'm in two minds about Pokemon Go so far. I really like the whole getting people out and about to find the pokemon. However the gyms and such have been a bit crap for me. They seem very glitchy and just seem to be a whole lot of tapping quickly. I would preferred if they had to standard pokemon battle system. Plus no ability to battle friends or trade at the moment is rather crap.

Also leveling up anything that isn't common is basically impossible it seems. My starter pokemon is basically ignored

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Was funny being in melbourne today when everyone was stopping to catch pokemon when walking.
I lived there for 8 months and left in April, miss Melbourne so much. Currently walking round NZ catching Pokemon instead.

Ady87

How do I get the App on Android?

Also, 2 x Ancient Origins arriving tomorrow...along with my lot of cards including Secret Rares and Full Arts I won. 2 sets nearly completed.

Havak

Pokemon master
Yeah, GO seems to be down all the time though!

It's pretty much impossible if you try to use your Pokémon.com account like I do.. Wish I used my Google one now.

Blatzo

I'm in Greece at the mo.

Pokemon Go is good but I reflect the sentiment that it's probably not integrated well enough with the original gameboy style - battles should be decided on the level/ability/type/attacks of your pokemon, rather than your ability to tap at the right moment.

I adore the concept though. Augmented reality is the future.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm in Greece at the mo.

Pokemon Go is good but I reflect the sentiment that it's probably not integrated well enough with the original gameboy style - battles should be decided on the level/ability/type/attacks of your pokemon, rather than your ability to tap at the right moment.

I adore the concept though. Augmented reality is the future.
Well, I havent managed to do a battle yet (I've barely managed to play) but I think those 3 things do play a part?

I really like the idea of the game, but I do wish I could play it from the comfort of my sofa :lol:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Have we heard of the first idiots to get run over/crash their car while attempting to catch Jynx yet?

pascell

Yeah, GO seems to be down all the time though!

It's pretty much impossible if you try to use your Pokémon.com account like I do.. Wish I used my Google one now.
Just as worse using a Google account tbh, that's what I've signed in with. Think I've managed to get on twice in 2 days, the servers must be shocking.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Not sure, I'm afraid. I'm sure if there's an announcement someone will post about it in here.
I just read in Reddit that it was working in Lebanon, so should probably work here then I hope, did you play it? how good is it? did you evolve anything yet?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I just read in Reddit that it was working in Lebanon, so should probably work here then I hope, did you play it? how good is it? did you evolve anything yet?
Nope, I haven't tried it yet. I don't have a data plan, I only use wifi to connect online on my phone, and I'm not sure it would work for this.

Art

Art the artist
Have you guys considered downloading it thru the APK kit?

It works in India guys. I've caught about 30 pokemon.

Evolving seems like a hard task because you need candy to evolve. For eg: to evolve a Charmander to a Charmeleon you need about 30 Charmander Candy and the only way you get Charmander Candy is by catching more Charmander. Seems a grind.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My girlfriend signed up to the Australian App Store and downloaded it last night. Found a Bulbasaur in my kitchen but you need to walk quite far to move on the map, just walking around the house doesn't move you enough. Looks promising though.

kps88

Could someone explain to me how this works? Are the locations of the pokemon the same for everyone? So will other players in the same area gather at similar spots?