Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I've been sent an Ex Raid pass for this Thursday. I really hope I can go but my wife has a nasty habit of changing plans at the last minute.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
@Sied could you just send me a gift since you don't need the xp and I'll open it when I set me egg off? (I'm Burglar)

Also are there a couple of you who will exchange gifts most days as I could probably manage another couple..

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
@Sied could you just send me a gift since you don't need the xp and I'll open it when I set me egg off? (I'm Burglar)

Also are there a couple of you who will exchange gifts most days as I could probably manage another couple..
Aye fair enough, just sent you a gift. A nice OT tram station one at that!
Getting as much XP as possible in case they raise the level cap has become a bit of a pointless obsession for me.

Just add some of the random people on here:
https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/trainer-codes-list
Most people who put their codes up on there exchange gifts daily.

Edit - Actually can you give me a shout before you open the gift? I have a bit of time today so I might be able to lucky egg at the same time.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Aye fair enough, just sent you a gift. A nice OT tram station one at that!
Getting as much XP as possible in case they raise the level cap has become a bit of a pointless obsession for me.

Just add some of the random people on here:
https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/trainer-codes-list
Most people who put their codes up on there exchange gifts daily.

Edit - Actually can you give me a shout before you open the gift? I have a bit of time today so I might be able to lucky egg at the same time.
I'll do it tomorrow about this time, will tag you in here before.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
@Damien just sent you a friend request for the quest thing. Though very rarely actually play. So don't worry about sending me anything

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How's everyone liking the new battle league ? I'm loving it, I'm no longer fussed on catching them all, just catching the right ones for my battle party.

It's brought a nice new dynamic to the game for me, and helped me with a few quest lines that require battling other players as I don't know anyone who plays the game to just battle close by.

dellboyy

How's everyone liking the new battle league ? I'm loving it, I'm no longer fussed on catching them all, just catching the right ones for my battle party.

It's brought a nice new dynamic to the game for me, and helped me with a few quest lines that require battling other players as I don't know anyone who plays the game to just battle close by.
I actually really like it too. Fun, easy to take part in, and the higher up you rank the harder it gets.

It's very different to the silph arena pvp cups though (online pvp group you can join, happy to tell you more if you like, or look it up). Because this is blind picks, there's a bit of luck involved, and the skill is in reacting. In silph there's more strategy because you can see 6 Pokemon your opponent has chosen before you battle.

So yeah I like them both for different reasons, so I'll be carrying on with both.

jymufc20

I actually really like it too. Fun, easy to take part in, and the higher up you rank the harder it gets.

It's very different to the silph arena pvp cups though (online pvp group you can join, happy to tell you more if you like, or look it up). Because this is blind picks, there's a bit of luck involved, and the skill is in reacting. In silph there's more strategy because you can see 6 Pokemon your opponent has chosen before you battle.

So yeah I like them both for different reasons, so I'll be carrying on with both.
I have never heard of the online cups if you could tell me more, I do like the blind pick to be honest. What team do you go with ?

I'm only allowed in the first level league ( up to 1500 cp)
I tried a few different combinations but I've stuck with misdreavas, marshstomp and steelix, doesn't sound the best on paper but it works.

Also do you know why I'm only allowed in the first level league, is it a trainer level thing ? I'm only level 30.

dellboyy

I have never heard of the online cups if you could tell me more, I do like the blind pick to be honest. What team do you go with ?

I'm only allowed in the first level league ( up to 1500 cp)
I tried a few different combinations but I've stuck with misdreavas, marshstomp and steelix, doesn't sound the best on paper but it works.

Also do you know why I'm only allowed in the first level league, is it a trainer level thing ? I'm only level 30.
So The Silph League Arena (https://silph.gg/) is an unofficial website, offering tools to organise tournaments with your local community. Very well organised, puts Niantic to shame. It has profiles to track your scores and tournament history, global rankings, and you can either run open tournaments similar to the battle league. Or their monthly meta. Once a month they put out the rules for a custom cup, usually with restricted types, meaning different pokemon are the strongest every month.

Only issue is you need to use Discord to join in. Discord is basically just online discussion boards, similar to red cafe. You can either hunt down a local community and join in, or if you don't have one, you can join a global pvp group on there, spend a month friending up with 20/30 people from around the world, and then run tournaments.

That's a basic overview anyway, let me know if you want to know more.

Yeah i ran with quite a few different teams at the start, eventually settled on Sableye, Azumarill and Venusaur. Silph website has a few resources to help you pick: https://silph.gg/league/great#community-resources

At the moment Niantic have only enabled Great league, in a few days it'll switch to Ultra, and then Master. Then they'll officially start the first season. No idea if that will be different, they haven't said.

jymufc20

So The Silph League Arena (https://silph.gg/) is an unofficial website, offering tools to organise tournaments with your local community. Very well organised, puts Niantic to shame. It has profiles to track your scores and tournament history, global rankings, and you can either run open tournaments similar to the battle league. Or their monthly meta. Once a month they put out the rules for a custom cup, usually with restricted types, meaning different pokemon are the strongest every month.

Only issue is you need to use Discord to join in. Discord is basically just online discussion boards, similar to red cafe. You can either hunt down a local community and join in, or if you don't have one, you can join a global pvp group on there, spend a month friending up with 20/30 people from around the world, and then run tournaments.

That's a basic overview anyway, let me know if you want to know more.

Yeah i ran with quite a few different teams at the start, eventually settled on Sableye, Azumarill and Venusaur. Silph website has a few resources to help you pick: https://silph.gg/league/great#community-resources

At the moment Niantic have only enabled Great league, in a few days it'll switch to Ultra, and then Master. Then they'll officially start the first season. No idea if that will be different, they haven't said.
Cheers mate, I will have to look into the silph road cups later on, they sound good.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I'm not into battling at all. After putting a lot of effort into that egg event last week and getting nothing, I think I'm done.

decorativeed

I'm not into battling at all. After putting a lot of effort into that egg event last week and getting nothing, I think I'm done.
I'm quite liking the battling, but the typing don't stay in my head, so it's often blind luck, coupled with having a decent team with a good mix of types and moves that charge quickly.

And I agree, egg events are the worst. At least they didn't flood the 7km ones with shite you can find hundreds of every day like during the last one. I got lucky this time and bagged a shiny Riolu, but it had been 7 or 8 months since I hatched a shiny previously.

Are you more interested in completing your pokedex than the other stuff in general?

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I'm quite liking the battling, but the typing don't stay in my head, so it's often blind luck, coupled with having a decent team with a good mix of types and moves that charge quickly.

And I agree, egg events are the worst. At least they didn't flood the 7km ones with shite you can find hundreds of every day like during the last one. I got lucky this time and bagged a shiny Riolu, but it had been 7 or 8 months since I hatched a shiny previously.

Are you more interested in completing your pokedex than the other stuff in general?
I uninstalled today. My head is not in it. I have a lot of depression and I think this doesn't help.

dellboyy

Yeah take a break mate, your mental health comes first. You can always go back at any time when you're feeling up to it!

Agree there's totally an element of luck involved in the GBL, there are so many options that you just can't cover them all. So there are times when you won't be able to win.

Ultra def a big change. Unfortunately the big two are stupidly expensive, Registeel and Giratina. Couple of tips though, bring charm for gira. Togekiss is a relatively cheap option. Also a lot of the starter pokemon with community day moves are great in Ultra, and cheap also. Swampert is amazing. Venusaur and Blaziken also really good. Machamp too.

This is a great website for keeping track of the best pokemon and what moves are most effective. If something is too expensive, just move down the list for the next viable option:

https://pvpoke.com/rankings/all/2500/overall/

dellboyy

Also, on learning types. That's my biggest weakness, i can never remember them. But don't try and memorise everything, all you need to remember is what in your chosen three beats the most common pokemon.

So for example in mine, all i need to remember is that Togekiss does well against Giratina.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Yeah take a break mate, your mental health comes first. You can always go back at any time when you're feeling up to it!

Agree there's totally an element of luck involved in the GBL, there are so many options that you just can't cover them all. So there are times when you won't be able to win.

Ultra def a big change. Unfortunately the big two are stupidly expensive, Registeel and Giratina. Couple of tips though, bring charm for gira. Togekiss is a relatively cheap option. Also a lot of the starter pokemon with community day moves are great in Ultra, and cheap also. Swampert is amazing. Venusaur and Blaziken also really good. Machamp too.

This is a great website for keeping track of the best pokemon and what moves are most effective. If something is too expensive, just move down the list for the next viable option:

https://pvpoke.com/rankings/all/2500/overall/
Thanks for that link. I hadn't tried PVP at all, but following that link and this guide I've just made a team and won my first 5 games. Opening with a Mud Shot + Hydro Cannon/Earthquake rinses through the opponents shields in no time. Really fun actually so I think I'll keep going and start investing a lot more in good PVP teams.

dellboyy

Thanks for that link. I hadn't tried PVP at all, but following that link and this guide I've just made a team and won my first 5 games. Opening with a Mud Shot + Hydro Cannon/Earthquake rinses through the opponents shields in no time. Really fun actually so I think I'll keep going and start investing a lot more in good PVP teams.
Good stuff, glad it helped. Yeah it can be quite addictive once you get started haha.

Master league is up next though, that's seems like it's gonna be even more expensive!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Good stuff, glad it helped. Yeah it can be quite addictive once you get started haha.

Master league is up next though, that's seems like it's gonna be even more expensive!
When do they switch over? Presumably they are cycling?

Hopefully some of the pokemon I have maxed for raiding will be useful for master league so it won't cost me too much... But I'm probably being optimistic!

dellboyy

When do they switch over? Presumably they are cycling?

Hopefully some of the pokemon I have maxed for raiding will be useful for master league so it won't cost me too much... But I'm probably being optimistic!
Yeah, at the moment it's still pre-season. They're switching through the three leagues once each in pre-season, every two weeks. After two weeks of master i presume they'll switch to the first proper season. No idea how that will differ though.

Ha i'm sure some of the raiding pokemon will. Maybe a move change or two. Check pvpoke.com for the master league rankings!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
You could have given me a heads up, you rotten sod! :lol:
Shit sorry I didn't have you nicknamed as from the Caf for some reason! I have a load of randoms I was going through from gamepress. My bad :nervous::wenger:

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I need to add 3 friends for a research objective, any volunteers?

Edit: here's my trainer code

0354 4897 0777

Last edited:

Red_Aaron

Anyone here able to hook me up with an uxie raid invite?
Finding it impossible to get one through pokeraid and having spent 4 hours in a queue this morning only for everyone to drop out when it started my patience is shot!

Happy to reciprocate with a mesprit or anything else from UK

decorativeed

Anyone here able to hook me up with an uxie raid invite?
Finding it impossible to get one through pokeraid and having spent 4 hours in a queue this morning only for everyone to drop out when it started my patience is shot!

Happy to reciprocate with a mesprit or anything else from UK
In the same boat. Sadly, @marukomu was my only link to the Asia/Pacific region, and they stopped playing and haven't been seen on the Caf for several months.

What's your friend code?

Red_Aaron

In the same boat. Sadly, @marukomu was my only link to the Asia/Pacific region, and they stopped playing and haven't been seen on the Caf for several months.

What's your friend code?
Managed to get a single uxie raid in the end but despite getting it in every ball with a gold rasp it didn't catch!

Friend code is 4696 2638 7137

decorativeed

Managed to get a single uxie raid in the end but despite getting it in every ball with a gold rasp it didn't catch!

Friend code is 4696 2638 7137
Same thing happened to me last time Mesprit was in raids. Luckily I caught a wild one! I'll add you.