Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
https://leekduck.com/FindDitto/

Hopefully that helps, not sure how accurate it is, but says updated in Feb 2021 so should be pretty upto date.

Its purely just luck though that one of those changes into Ditto. So is just trying to catch them, and being lucky like with most things.

There was a task at one point that rewarded a ditto, but not sure if that was an event specific task or fromthe regular pool. I also cant remember what it was called. So i realise as I type, this isnt helpful :lol:
Thanks mate I'll have a look.

Counterfactual

Quite recently I got three Pokemon to around 1,500 CP and was finally winning a few of the "league" battles after getting smacked around as a newbie.

Now they've launched a different league with a cap of 2,500 CP and I'm getting smacked around again.

Does everyone go through this? Any tips? Presumably it's just "level up to 2,500", but then those Pokemon would be above the cap for the 1,500 league, so I'd need more for that when it returns?

decorativeed

Quite recently I got three Pokemon to around 1,500 CP and was finally winning a few of the "league" battles after getting smacked around as a newbie.

Now they've launched a different league with a cap of 2,500 CP and I'm getting smacked around again.

Does everyone go through this? Any tips? Presumably it's just "level up to 2,500", but then those Pokemon would be above the cap for the 1,500 league, so I'd need more for that when it returns?
Yeah, until you find a team that works for you, then you switch between them when the leagues change.

Different pokemon are suitable for the different leagues. I use a Stunfisk and Lucario among others in the Great League, but they are not powerful enough for the Ultra League, where I use Snorlax, Giratina etc. Definitely don't power up your great league pokemon, find others.

dellboyy

For PvP, check out rankings on https://pvpoke.com. It has all the info you'll need on which pokemon are better for each league, which movesets are best, and counters to avoid for each.

Also, just FYI. There are three basic leagues. Great (upto 1500), Ultra (upto 2500), and Master (maxed pokemon). There are a few variations also, such as premier cups. They're more accessible as they ban legendaries which are more expensive to power up.

Also, they've started rolling out custom cups now and again based on a select set of types for example. If that comes up just pop on pvpoke and it'll tell you the info.

When you're putting a team together, don't just go for the three strongest however. Try and cover the weaknesses of the other pokemon, and also have a 'safe swap'. These are pokemon which have a safer matchup against the majority of the meta. I use Defence Deoxys in great league for example. That way if my lead gets hard countered, i can switch to it, and the chances that they can switch to something that will wipe it out are minimal.

kentafuji

I'vre always found Ultra league to be the trickiest of the three leagues tbh. Think its hard to find that balance personally, took me ages to find a consistent team that can win.

Ultimately settled on Venusaur, Charizard (with dragon fast move) and Swampert. Served me well, and cheap enough to add second moves. So will prob stick with them this season, but not had much time to PVP since UL started.

dellboyy

Ha yeah it's surprising how well those starters do in ultra, especially considering how cheap they are to power up compared to others. Only issue really is they need their community day moves to be at their best.

kentafuji

Yeah definitely need CD moves. It helps that so many others use them as well, had two battles early which were pretty much mirror matches in terms of pokemon. Luckily i started with Venu both time and they started swampert, so got two wins.

Counterfactual

Cheers, guys.

Another quick question... is it worth spending a ton of candy to evolve 5 electric pokemon in the current event? I'd have to evolve pokemon without great movesets or IVs, which I'm guessing wouldn't be useful in the future? I don't know if that's worth the rewards...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
For PvP, check out rankings on https://pvpoke.com. It has all the info you'll need on which pokemon are better for each league, which movesets are best, and counters to avoid for each.

Also, just FYI. There are three basic leagues. Great (upto 1500), Ultra (upto 2500), and Master (maxed pokemon). There are a few variations also, such as premier cups. They're more accessible as they ban legendaries which are more expensive to power up.

Also, they've started rolling out custom cups now and again based on a select set of types for example. If that comes up just pop on pvpoke and it'll tell you the info.

When you're putting a team together, don't just go for the three strongest however. Try and cover the weaknesses of the other pokemon, and also have a 'safe swap'. These are pokemon which have a safer matchup against the majority of the meta. I use Defence Deoxys in great league for example. That way if my lead gets hard countered, i can switch to it, and the chances that they can switch to something that will wipe it out are minimal.
And if you have an Android, @Counterfactual, there's an app called Poke Genie which tells you how good your Pokemon is compared to other ones of the same species for a particular league.

Example:

51% IVs but for Ultra League it is better than what my 80% Metang would be if I evolved it and brought it up to the 2400s

The 2 in a circle refers to fully evolved state, 1 in a circle is middle evolution and 0 is Beldum.

My 51% Metagross is 92.1% top for Ultra League Metagrosses while my 80% Metagross would be just 73%.

Is hard putting a team together though and I agree with kentafuji that Ultra is the trickiest.

decorativeed

Cheers, guys.

Another quick question... is it worth spending a ton of candy to evolve 5 electric pokemon in the current event? I'd have to evolve pokemon without great movesets or IVs, which I'm guessing wouldn't be useful in the future? I don't know if that's worth the rewards...
It's up to you, really, the rewards aren't that great, unless you are in need of an Unova Stone or don't yet have a Jolteon. I have over 2000 Pikachu candy, so just caught more of those, evolved them then binned them.

kentafuji

The leagues have been fun, it's just kinda annoying when you see so many people using the same Pokemons.
Thats kinda the way it goes unfortunately with these things. Once the 'meta' pokemon have been determined you either see people using those, or using the 'anti-meta' to counter them, but unfortunately they by default just become the meta themselves

But yeah, thats my one gripe with the PVP side of it, I get bored after while because its the same battle over and over ultimately.

NotThatSoph

@Damien @2mufc0 @BootsyCollins @backofthenet @Sied

I added you, because you're all active in the thread and are listed on the first page, incase you're wondering who the random is. I'm Ravatn/0634 3262 0735. I'll send daily gifts, don't accept or return if it doesn't benefit you. No one I know plays so I'm not wasting gifts by someone not collecting. I'm based in Scandinavia if you care about eggs and catch distance.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima

I added you, because you're all active in the thread and are listed on the first page, incase you're wondering who the random is. I'm Ravatn/0634 3262 0735. I'll send daily gifts, don't accept or return if it doesn't benefit you. No one I know plays so I'm not wasting gifts by someone not collecting. I'm based in Scandinavia if you care about eggs and catch distance.
Hiya, accepted your request, will send and receive gifts everyday.

BootsyCollins

Cool. Accepted. In Scandinavia too.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
@backofthenet I'm guessing it was late last night you opened your gift and sent me one? We're at "1 day left" anyway, so guessing it'd be the next time a gift is opened that we become Best Friends. I can be on at any time today, so just let me know a time, we'll both then tag each other here at the time we're both on, then pop a lucky egg and I'll send you the gift and we can open both.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
@backofthenet I'm guessing it was late last night you opened your gift and sent me one? We're at "1 day left" anyway, so guessing it'd be the next time a gift is opened that we become Best Friends. I can be on at any time today, so just let me know a time, we'll both then tag each other here at the time we're both on, then pop a lucky egg and I'll send you the gift and we can open both.
I'm online this morning, so whenever is good for you. Shall we say 11.30?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Still haven't found a ditto and my other research is stalled as I need to take snapshot of a non existant Landorus.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Landrous will be back in raids soon, so just make sure to catch one then. Ditto is a hard one to do for anyone.
Cheers, any idea when Landorus will be in raids again?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I've just seen these search strings for your friends list. They seem quite handy so thought I'd share them:

"!lucky" - Show all friends who aren't lucky.

"!friendlevel4&interactable" - To show non-best friends who you haven't interacted with today.

"interactable&!lucky" - Shows friends you haven't interacted with today who you aren't lucky with. This seems the most practical to me, to focus your gifts on initially.

kentafuji

I'd assumed they would run through the 3 therien formes of Thunderus, Tornadus and Landorus one after the other. So hopefully will come back soon, just a case of waiting for the announcement

Edit: From the weather week announcement

' As Weather Week concludes, Therian Forme Thundurus will be leaving five-star raids—with Therian Forme Tornadus making its Pokémon GO debut afterward! Then, only Therian Forme Landorus will be left unaccounted for—so make sure to stay tuned for more details! '

So presume after Tornadus is done, then Landorus will be back

kentafuji

Anyone else find this weather week particularly underwhelming. A spawn that seemingly only spawns based on weather seems rather restrictive.

Its sunny here for once in the UK, and not seen a single Rainy Castform.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Anyone else find this weather week particularly underwhelming. A spawn that seemingly only spawns based on weather seems rather restrictive.

Its sunny here for once in the UK, and not seen a single Rainy Castform.
You can get rainy castform from the timed research on a couple of the tasks regardless of the weather.

Weather based stuff is always ropey in this game due to how bad it is at reflecting the actual weather. Even during all the snow earlier in the year it was mostly just cloudy like always. I've been walking around sweating my bollocks off in 20c plus weather without a cloud in sight but the game thinks it's raining.

kentafuji

You can get rainy castform from the timed research on a couple of the tasks regardless of the weather.

Weather based stuff is always ropey in this game due to how bad it is at reflecting the actual weather. Even during all the snow earlier in the year it was mostly just cloudy like always. I've been walking around sweating my bollocks off in 20c plus weather without a cloud in sight but the game thinks it's raining.
Yeah, suppose will probably complete the research to get some chances. So there is that.

Yeah tbh, the in game weather is a bit crap. Its never accurate really, is it.

kentafuji

I might have crapped on the event the other day, but its raining here, and the first wild rainy castform I have seen since the event started turned out shiny, so erm yeah... maybe not so bad after all.

Obviously this ignores the 4 or 5 from research I've had that wasnt shiny.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
First raid this morning and bagged a shiny Rayquaza!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Just started on this again after a few years, I think so of my tasks involve making friends, any chance I can add some of you?