Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

NotThatSoph

Just started on this again after a few years, I think so of my tasks involve making friends, any chance I can add some of you?
You can add me if you want, 0634 3262 7535. I send gift every days as long as I have them.

@Damien You can add me to the OP if you want, username Ravatn. By the way, you mentioned Poke Genie a while ago, and I downloaded it for the PvP IV feature even though I'm not really a PvPer, but their raid feature is surprisingly great. I play solo, so I've been doing 3 star raids with the daily raid pass because I can't do 5, but not only can I do 5 star with the app for the legendaries alone the XP is great. The raid itself is 12.5k XP, but since I'm inviting five randoms they get instant Great Friend which is 3k XP per pop.27.5k XP is just above 100 great curved throws first catches, and I can't do excellent throws consistently so that's my limit.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You can add me if you want, 0634 3262 7535. I send gift every days as long as I have them.

@Damien You can add me to the OP if you want, username Ravatn. By the way, you mentioned Poke Genie a while ago, and I downloaded it for the PvP IV feature even though I'm not really a PvPer, but their raid feature is surprisingly great. I play solo, so I've been doing 3 star raids with the daily raid pass because I can't do 5, but not only can I do 5 star with the app for the legendaries alone the XP is great. The raid itself is 12.5k XP, but since I'm inviting five randoms they get instant Great Friend which is 3k XP per pop.27.5k XP is just above 100 great curved throws first catches, and I can't do excellent throws consistently so that's my limit.
You can use a app called pokeraid to invite people who are interested in your local raid. Or if you have a remote raid pass you can join rooms in the app with fellow players to take down the legendaries.

NotThatSoph

You can use a app called pokeraid to invite people who are interested in your local raid. Or if you have a remote raid pass you can join rooms in the app with fellow players to take down the legendaries.
Pokeraid is a good shout, I'll check that out. I'll consider using a remote raid pass when I'm fine with using money (I can see myself doing it a couple of times a week, it's like £1 per pass I think), but XP wise the difference is that with a remote pass I'd only get 1x3k while with me hosting I get 5x3k.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Pokeraid is a good shout, I'll check that out. I'll consider using a remote raid pass when I'm fine with using money (I can see myself doing it a couple of times a week, it's like £1 per pass I think), but XP wise the difference is that with a remote pass I'd only get 1x3k while with me hosting I get 5x3k.
There's been an event during march where you get one remote raid pass for free. So check the shop on Monday you should get one.

Pokeraid is brilliant though, you don't have to use any remote raid passes if you host a raid yourself (and you are near the raid gym).

NotThatSoph

There's been an event during march where you get one remote raid pass for free. So check the shop on Monday you should get one.

Pokeraid is brilliant though, you don't have to use any remote raid passes if you host a raid yourself (and you are near the raid gym).
Cool, thanks.

I played a lot during the first year, but there's a lot of new things so I'm a bit overwhelmed. I don't even recognize most of the pokemons, I know all the first 250 and some of the 100 after that.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Cool, thanks.

I played a lot during the first year, but there's a lot of new things so I'm a bit overwhelmed. I don't even recognize most of the pokemons, I know all the first 250 and some of the 100 after that.
I've been in the same position, I played the game when it first came out in 2016 but it was really buggy and I just gave up on it. Only got back into it a month ago, you'll eventually pick things up. If you have any questions just post in here, some of the guys know quite a lot about the game and have helped me out a lot too.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’ll have to check this out too, was at the garden centre earlier and saw there was a potential raid but no friends to fight with. :lol:

NotThatSoph

I’ll have to check this out too, was at the garden centre earlier and saw there was a potential raid but no friends to fight with. :lol:
The nice thing is I've known about the remote raid thing, so I'd decided I'd do that either once a week or (more conservatively) once whenever a new legendary shows up (fortnightly?), but with this method I can do it daily and get more XP. I'd give up the 3 star raid pokemon though, but it's probably worth it. So far I've catched the 3 star raid ones every time, Thundurus 1/3 times and Rayquaza 2/2 times. I don't know if I've been lucky or unlucky with the legendaries, I can do great throws consistently but not excellent ones. Thought I've had an issue, happened one time at Thundurus, where my throws suddenly fealt "heavy" if that makes sense. I just couldn't throw the ball far enough no matter what I did. Maybe lag, maybe I just did something wrong, I don't know.

Berbasbullet

The nice thing is I've known about the remote raid thing, so I'd decided I'd do that either once a week or (more conservatively) once whenever a new legendary shows up (fortnightly?), but with this method I can do it daily and get more XP. I'd give up the 3 star raid pokemon though, but it's probably worth it. So far I've catched the 3 star raid ones every time, Thundurus 1/3 times and Rayquaza 2/2 times. I don't know if I've been lucky or unlucky with the legendaries, I can do great throws consistently but not excellent ones. Thought I've had an issue, happened one time at Thundurus, where my throws suddenly fealt "heavy" if that makes sense. I just couldn't throw the ball far enough no matter what I did. Maybe lag, maybe I just did something wrong, I don't know.
What’s the best way to get a remote raid pass?

NotThatSoph

@2mufc0 mentioned above that they're occationaly given out for free. I've noticed that I get a free box from the shop once per day, usually just a couple of pokeballs and/or potions, so probably try that. Otherwise they're 100 coins for one pass or 250 for three. You can earn 50 coins per day if you time your gym time right (I think it's 6 coins per hour, so 8.3 hours but you only get the coins when knocked out no matter how long you've been there, I held a gym in an inconvenient place for almost a week but it still only gave me 50 coins). Otherwise it feels, to me at least, weird to spend money on a gym but again it's as I said about £1 per raid and if you compare it to getting drunk or something then ...

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
They've been giving 1 out free every Monday during March, check the shop you might not have claimed it yet. If its not there check your item bag you might have already claimed it.

Otherwise, you should be able to get one free in the shop on Monday.

Berbasbullet

They've been giving 1 out free every Monday during March, check the shop you might not have claimed it yet. If its not there check your item bag you might have already claimed it.

Otherwise, you should be able to get one free in the shop on Monday.
Just claimed mine, thank you!

Berbasbullet

@2mufc0 mentioned above that they're occationaly given out for free. I've noticed that I get a free box from the shop once per day, usually just a couple of pokeballs and/or potions, so probably try that. Otherwise they're 100 coins for one pass or 250 for three. You can earn 50 coins per day if you time your gym time right (I think it's 6 coins per hour, so 8.3 hours but you only get the coins when knocked out no matter how long you've been there, I held a gym in an inconvenient place for almost a week but it still only gave me 50 coins). Otherwise it feels, to me at least, weird to spend money on a gym but again it's as I said about £1 per raid and if you compare it to getting drunk or something then ...
Just got myself a lovely rayquaza! Thanks for the tips! :D

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Closest to Best Friends:

Sied - 1 day
onemanarmy - 2 days

@Sied do you mind waiting a few days and can co-ordinate a time to open gifts with @onemanarmy too? Don't know if you have anyone you're also close to maxing with and would like to co-ordinate with as well but we can think of something.

onemanarmy

Closest to Best Friends:

Sied - 1 day
onemanarmy - 2 days

@Sied do you mind waiting a few days and can co-ordinate a time to open gifts with @onemanarmy too? Don't know if you have anyone you're also close to maxing with and would like to co-ordinate with as well but we can think of something.
Hi, I'd prefer to do this in the evening, when I'm not at work. Give me a mention the day before or so!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Closest to Best Friends:

Sied - 1 day
onemanarmy - 2 days

Sure, no problem.

I'm 1 day away with 'RiotWolf2210' who I've put as a caf member in the nickname. Does anyone know who this is?

Damien

Staff
Hi, I'd prefer to do this in the evening, when I'm not at work. Give me a mention the day before or so!
Will do. I like to do exchanges in the evening too.

I'm 1 day away with 'RiotWolf2210' who I've put as a caf member in the nickname. Does anyone know who this is?
That name rings a bell but got no idea who they are. Hopefully they'll be watching the thread and will message you.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Still haven't found a ditto and my other research is stalled as I need to take snapshot of a non existant Landorus.
FYI Ditto spawns are boosted in this event and can be disguised as Purrloin too.

kentafuji

FYI Ditto spawns are boosted in this event and can be disguised as Purrloin too.
To add I've seen reports that Purrloin itself is boosted as a Ditto, so more likely to be one than the others.

Definitely best time to get one if you need it for a research

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Thanks mate, the strange thing is I actually ended up finding one yesterday by catching a Hoppip, had one eye on this event to catch one.

Now to find Grimer's, I haven't seen many spawn, though I did hatch one.

NotThatSoph

Thanks mate, the strange thing is I actually ended up finding one yesterday by catching a Hoppip, had one eye on this event to catch one.

Now to find Grimer's, I haven't seen many spawn, though I did hatch one.
Grimer will spawn a lot in an event later April.

I'm stuck rurally chopping down trees for Easter, so no Ditto or Purrloin for me, I'm missing the latter in my dex.

Curiously Team Rocket is following me into the wilderness so I can do the timed research.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
@Sied did RiotWolf get in touch?
Nope. It's a shame you can't see someone's friend code once you're friends with them. Anyway I've got plenty of lucky eggs so I don't need to tie it with them. Just let me know when you fancy doing it. It's a bank holiday weekend and I'm in lockdown so I can be pretty flexible.

Damien

Staff
Nope. It's a shame you can't see someone's friend code once you're friends with them. Anyway I've got plenty of lucky eggs so I don't need to tie it with them. Just let me know when you fancy doing it. It's a bank holiday weekend and I'm in lockdown so I can be pretty flexible.
I'm very flexible too. @onemanarmy has sent me a gift but not opening it/sending back until we've got a time sorted. If I remember right, you're in same timezone as me (UK/BST/UTC+1) while onemanarmy is in Belgium/CEST/UTC+2, so this post is showing as 22:12 for us but 23:12 for onemanarmy.

@onemanarmy can you name a time that you'll be available Friday evening (both your time and ours) and if Sied says yes, we all go on at that time mentioned, post in here saying we're on and once all have posted can then activate lucky eggs before sending/opening gifts.

If you think Friday evening is too soon then name a time on the Saturday