Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I've heard it drains the battery rather quickly?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Could someone explain to me how this works? Are the locations of the pokemon the same for everyone? So will other players in the same area gather at similar spots?
Yeah I think it's the same for everyone. Things I've read seem to indicate people compete to catch them. Like the story I heard on Reddit, about how someone yelled about there being a Pokemon in the street and a load of people rushed out of a restaurant to try and catch it :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah I think it's the same for everyone. Things I've read seem to indicate people compete to catch them. Like the story I heard on Reddit, about how someone yelled about there being a Pokemon in the street and a load of people rushed out of a restaurant to try and catch it :lol:
I read about how someone said to a little kid there was a rhyhorn somewhere nearby and said they'd show the kid where it was. They then realised they were basically abducting the kid so told the kid to tell their parent where it was.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I read about how someone said to a little kid there was a rhyhorn somewhere nearby and said they'd show the kid where it was. They then realised they were basically abducting the kid so told the kid to tell their parent where it was.
:lol: I can imagine there being lots of stories like that over the next few weeks.

This is a great sub for anyone interested in the game. Or even if you're not, TBH.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
:lol: I can imagine there being lots of stories like that over the next few weeks.

This is a great sub for anyone interested in the game. Or even if you're not, TBH.
My coworker also does uber as a side job and he said he had to stop multiple times last night to let people run out and catch pokemon. He didn't even know what the game was when the first drunk chick screamed STOP THE CAR THERE'S A POKEMON HERE
:lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I hate this game and I don't even play it. The walk to Sainsburys with my missus took 3 times as long because we had to keep stopping to catch pokemon or something. Then she ran out of the ball things, so we had to take a detour and walk past a place where you can get more. Then she wasted them all trying to catch a some Bat looking thing in Sainsburys, so we had to walk a long way home to stop by another place to get more balls.

"What veg shall we get for our tea tonight"
"I dunn-OH SHIT I ALMOST GOT HIM"
"Did we need anything else?"
"..."
"We alright for milk?"
"..."
"I'll assume we are"
"Oh my god it's Charmander"

I hate my life.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I've heard it drains the battery rather quickly?
Yeah, a strong data signal and portable charger are a must if you intent to be out for a decent time. It's pretty glitchy but they are trying to sort that out before properly releasing it in Europe.

DM07

Just downloaded the game on iOS. Drove around for 5 minutes to catch 6 pokemons and visit the poke stop. Seems a lot of fun. Eats a lot of data and battery though. Can anyone create a new thread for the game?

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Some tips that could be added to the OP @Cooksen :

GPS
Ensure data connection is allowed
Use High Accuracy GPS setting
Uncheck 'Allow mock locations' in settings->developer options (debugging)

Battery
Keep an eye on your device temperature
To save some battery via the in-game settings (pokéball icon->settings) you can turn on/off: music, sound effects, vibration and battery saver
Lowest volume and light settings, turn off Bluetooth, unnecessary apps etc. to last longer in-game

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
All the gyms I come across have been taken over and the game hasn't even released yet.:houllier:

Maccaa

Just downloaded the game on iOS. Drove around for 5 minutes to catch 6 pokemons and visit the poke stop. Seems a lot of fun. Eats a lot of data and battery though. Can anyone create a new thread for the game?
I'm currently on 4GB data a month an basically just use up all of that. What would you recommend I should upgrade too if I plan on playing this regularly?

Art

Art the artist
Turning battery saver on is mandatory boys. Even if it is for a new phone.

DM07

I'm currently on 4GB data a month an basically just use up all of that. What would you recommend I should upgrade too if I plan on playing this regularly?
My iPhone shows that I used 6 mb of data in around 15 minutes of gameplay. Not sure whether or not to believe it because the game does seem to be data intensive. You should monitor your data usage for a few days before taking a decision.

kps88

Have a terrible feeling that a few tragic accidents/crimes caused by this are going to be inevitable.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It does seem to rinse through data. Costs £6 a month on Vodafone for an upgrade from 1GB to 2GB!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
It does seem to rinse through data. Costs £6 a month on Vodafone for an upgrade from 1GB to 2GB!
Mine doesn't really rinse through data. A few MB per day. But it does need data constantly, which is a bit of a pain.

Right now all my phones are on three, where it's 1p per MB (and 200 MB free when you top up £5). That's great. But three does have the worst signal

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Mine doesn't really rinse through data. A few MB per day. But it does need data constantly, which is a bit of a pain.

Right now all my phones are on three, where it's 1p per MB (and 200 MB free when you top up £5). That's great. But three does have the worst signal
I've set my phone to pick up a 3G signal now; 4G, whilst fast, runs out far too quick for my liking.

rcoobc

So I'm now level 5. Woooooot.

I've assigned 2 pokemons to 2 gyms

rcoobc

What Team are you?:mad:
Team Blue! Because my friend was team blue.

My friend and his girlfriend nearly got their phones snatched again playing PoGo.

What colour are you?

Can we make the caf team blue?

Even though we are redcafe?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I downloaded it last night and caught a Charmander in my house.

Is it at all possible to play this out and about using just wifi? I use BT, so luckily can use any of their hotspot which are quite frequent around the place. If I go for a walk, could I just connect to one of those and see if there are any in the area, or does it need to be connected constantly?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Maybe I'll go for a walk later and see how it is.

If I have it connected constantly while I'm at home, will Pokemon show up at my house more regularly? Or will they just appear when I turn it on?
I have seen a few pidgeys at home. Only found water Pokemon around water though. Bigger Pokemon seem to be hiding around.