Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Just messed about downloading it on my iPhone, had to create a new Apple ID and register it to an American address lol I chose the Empire State Building...totally worth it :)

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I cant be dealing with all the casuals knocking the later pokemon. Gold and Silver and Ruby and Sapphire pokemon were also great
People love to moan, some of my favourites come from the later generations. Some of the original 151 were kinda shit too to be honest.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Crap, it's not available in Poland yet. I suppose I can by-pass that somehow but I'm reading that there are plenty of fake apks around that make your phone vulnerable. Anybody who stumbled upon the same kind of a problem got some safe, working source that I could possibly use? I'm on android.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Crap, it's not available in Poland yet. I suppose I can by-pass that somehow but I'm reading that there are plenty of fake apks around that make your phone vulnerable. Anybody who stumbled upon the same kind of a problem got some safe, working source that I could possibly use? I'm on android.
I thought about that too, but I've decided to wait for the official release. Hopefully they'll have improved the battery drain etc. by then. Also, I'm trying to work.

EDIT: ...by being on here apparently.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I thought about that too, but I've decided to wait for the official release. Hopefully they'll have improved the battery drain etc. by then. Also, I'm trying to work.

EDIT: ...by being on here apparently.
You can work...

...while catching pokemans. Or something.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just messed about downloading it on my iPhone, had to create a new Apple ID and register it to an American address lol I chose the Empire State Building...totally worth it :)
Do you just have to choose any random real address in America for it to work? Being in holiday mode, the additional thought required to do this put me off but I can't wait any longer.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
People love to moan, some of my favourites come from the later generations. Some of the original 151 were kinda shit too to be honest.
Yeah I agree.
  • Zubats. Argh.
  • I don't think Poliwag needed three evolution's
  • No one remembers Tangela.
  • Jynx was a racist
  • Lapras was actually pretty rubbish, despite it being such a big pokemon in the anime.
  • Do we need Omanyte and Cloyster? (scratch that)
  • Nidoran and Nidorina are the same pokemon anyway
Edit: apparently Omanyte came from the fossil. Kabuto was much cooler.

Good ones from Gen II

Togepei
Marill
Unknown
Steelix
Houndour
Kingdra
Lugia
Ho-oh (in the first episode!)

Not that the others are bad, but I think these could have been in gen I

Last edited:

rcoobc

Also,, redcafe really does have to choose team red don't we? Even though I chose team Blue :lol:

Hal9000

The missus just text that she can't be bothered to go to gym today... I suggested a long walk instead.

Little does she know my true motives.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Yeah I agree.
  • Zubats. Argh.
  • Jynx was a racist
  • Lapras was actually pretty rubbish, despite it being such a big pokemon in the anime.
  • Do we need Omanyte and Cloyster?
Good ones from Gen II

Togepei
Marill
Unknown
Steelix
Houndour
Kingdra
Lugia

What are you talking about Lapras being rubbish?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Yeah I agree.
  • Zubats. Argh.
  • Jynx was a racist
  • Do we need Omanyte and Cloyster?
Good ones from Gen II

Togepei
Marill
Unknown
Steelix
Houndour
Kingdra
Lugia

Tangela would have been ridiculed if it was released in an upcoming game!

I also loved Ampharos in Gen 2, quality Pokemon. Some ace ones from later gens too, things like Shinx/Luxray and Joltik plus some awesome Eeveelutions.

The gen 2 lot are great http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Generation_II_Pokémon

Entei, Raiku and Suicune :drool:

Havak

Pokemon master
Thoughts from one of the biggest PokéNerds on the Caf:

It's a fun App for now. Good points are that it's reintroducing a lot of past fans to Pokémon again, along with younger kids who never experienced the original Generation when it first came out. It's obviously making the companies involved in making and distributing it a tonne of money which should mean the App gets more improvements more frequently. Another good point is that it's quite unique and interesting, so people will definitely want to give it a try. Also, getting people out of the house and being active is a plus.

However, this initial novelty will wear off in a couple of months IMO, much like Nintendo's MiiTomo App which did well at launch. It's quite basic in terms of how Gym Battles work, how you find and catch Pokémon, what PokéStops actually offer and what kind of items are available. The evolution mechanic is strange and I wish it was a bit different and I think rewarding players for walking long distances over a set period of time would be a good improvement. These complaints are things that a lot of people will like though, as it simplifies things for a wider audience, so I understand why it's the way it is.

Obviously, Trading, PvP Battling, more Pokémon from later Generations, improvements to Gyms, PokéStops, Evolution, Power Ups, and Items will all be added / altered as time goes on, so this definitely has a lot of potential. I'm looking forward to the future anyway!

As for my progress:

My Pidgeot and Hypno are my only two Pokémon with over 400 CP, so I'm not doing too great at the moment. I am using the APK but I used my Pokémon Trainer Club Account rather than Google, so I've had a bit more downtime than most and coupled with work, I've only actually had one real 'GO' of it, where I went for a walk around my town. Although, I went to a pond and only found one Poliwag in terms of Water-type Pokémon which was disappointing, only caught about six in total and I used an Incense! I've got a couple of days off work later this week so I might go for another walk if the weather is somewhat decent.

rcoobc

As for my progress:

My Pidgeot and Hypno are my only two Pokémon with over 400 CP, so I'm not doing too great at the moment. I am using the APK but I used my Pokémon Trainer Club Account rather than Google, so I've had a bit more downtime than most and coupled with work, I've only actually had one real 'GO' of it, where I went for a walk around my town. Although, I went to a pond and only found one Poliwag in terms of Water-type Pokémon which was disappointing, only caught about six in total and I used an Incense! I've got a couple of days off work later this week so I might go for another walk if the weather is somewhat decent.
What level are you?

I'm (just) level 5, and I've only got 2 Pokemon who are over level 100. A 108 CP Eevee, and a 101 CP Drowsee. I've had loads of downtime too, using my google account.

I have nothing around here, and pokemon dont seem to appear very prominently. I drove to my mums and walked round the little town/village nearby, and that got me a couple of gyms and some pokestops

Havak

Pokemon master
No news on an official UK release then? I can't be arsed faffing about to get it the other way tbh
Not yet, I think the server issues hit hard. I reckon they expected much less downloads and play time, so an original release of this week (probably today) has been pushed back to either the end of this week or even next week.

It seems to have smoothed out though, so who knows? Could randomly pop up on the store any day now.

Havak

Pokemon master
What level are you?

I'm (just) level 5, and I've only got 2 Pokemon who are over level 100. A 108 CP Eevee, and a 101 CP Drowsee. I've had loads of downtime too, using my google account.

I have nothing around here, and pokemon dont seem to appear very prominently. I drove to my mums and walked round the little town/village nearby, and that got me a couple of gyms and some pokestops
I'm level 8, probably half way to level 9. I haven't had much luck around my area and typically get the Weedle and Rattata in abundance (like most people). The area where I work typically gives me a lot of Drowzee, hence the strong Hypno I have.

Downtime was a little worse the other day for Trainer Account users. There was a full 36+ hour period where it didn't work at all, and a lot of my friends were using their Google Account to play which was a bit annoying haha. Unfortunately despite them sharing the same e-mail, it starts a new game if you select the other option.

I've got work today and tomorrow and don't have my phone on me for it, but I'll hopefully get a couple of days this week to have a bit of a walk around and try to take some Gyms.

Hammerfell

I'm not even a massive fan of the series but this is great. Seems to be encouraging a lot of walking too, not a bad way to up fitness levels.

ClutchHunter

So, is this game any good? It seemed quite basic when I tried it at the weekend. Like an Ingress with Pokemon IP that eats your battery.

No news on an official UK release then? I can't be arsed faffing about to get it the other way tbh
Very easy if you're on Android - just download the official APK (unofficially hosted) on apkmirror.

iOS is a little more convoluted and involves changing account region or something from what I gather.

Hammerfell

So, is this game any good? It seemed quite basic when I tried it at the weekend. Like an Ingress with Pokemon IP that eats your battery.

Very easy if you're on Android - just download the official APK (unofficially hosted) on apkmirror.

iOS is a little more convoluted and involves changing account region or something from what I gather.
It's not that bad, takes 5 minutes at most.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Not yet, I think the server issues hit hard. I reckon they expected much less downloads and play time, so an original release of this week (probably today) has been pushed back to either the end of this week or even next week.

It seems to have smoothed out though, so who knows? Could randomly pop up on the store any day now.
Ah right, fair enough.

I'm on iOS so if it's more faffy to do i'll just fecking wait.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
What's the plan with the pokémon they are going to include in Go? Expansion into next gens for the future?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I just caught 2 Poliwag's, a Tentacool and a Magikarp from by the sea during my lunch hour. I feel 7 years old again, but much more embarrassed to be playing with pokemon in public.

When it comes to using Stardust to power up my pokemon, should I save this up and focus this on one particularly good pokemon or just start throwing it around?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm confused, i thought this wasn't out in the UK. How are UK people playing it?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'm confused, i thought this wasn't out in the UK. How are UK people playing it?
There was an APK link on the first or second page that was a piece of piss to install and start playing on Android. Sounds slightly more complicated on iOS though by the sounds of things.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There was an APK link on the first or second page that was a piece of piss to install and start playing on Android. Sounds slightly more complicated on iOS though by the sounds of things.
Fantastic! Is this a beta version or complete?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I just caught 2 Poliwag's, a Tentacool and a Magikarp from by the sea during my lunch hour. I feel 7 years old again, but much more embarrassed to be playing with pokemon in public.
:lol: I just went out and found a Hypno (??) by the side of the road and had to slyly catch it while no cars were going past.

NinjaFletch

When it comes to using Stardust to power up my pokemon, should I save this up and focus this on one particularly good pokemon or just start throwing it around?
I just walked down to the observatory where I lived becsuse it's a gym and bottled it because people were working. Who the feck works in an observatory during the day?