Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

C.M.P

2014 Grand National Sweepstake Winner
When is says near by how near are we talking

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
FFS I just realised you can get Pikachu at the beginning. :mad:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Do you just have to choose any random real address in America for it to work? Being in holiday mode, the additional thought required to do this put me off but I can't wait any longer.
As long as the address is real it is fine, I made up the telephone number lol...its been working great. Once it had downloaded I just signed out of that Apple ID and back into my uk one and changed my location back to uk. Only downside is you can't purchase anything through the game without messing with setting again and changing location and Apple ID

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Nice idea but the game isn't for me. The things are a must before I play
  • Training your Pokemon by fighting wild pokemon and not CANDY...
  • being able to fight your friends and trade pokemon with them
  • Limited Pokeballs.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Can you trade on this?

I assume some pokemon would only be available in certain countries or certain cities?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
As long as the address is real it is fine, I made up the telephone number lol...its been working great. Once it had downloaded I just signed out of that Apple ID and back into my uk one and changed my location back to uk. Only downside is you can't purchase anything through the game without messing with setting again and changing location and Apple ID
I got it working using the NY Yankees address. Didn't realise I could sign back into my UK ID.

Razvan

Can you trade on this?

I assume some pokemon would only be available in certain countries or certain cities?
Trading is not yet implemented, but they'll allow it in the future. I don't think there are unique pokemon for countries/cities, but you'll find certain types of pokemon depending on your location (water pokemon near lakes or rivers, for example)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Its a bit pointless if you can't battle your friends/other people..

shamans

Its a bit pointless if you can't battle your friends/other people..
Yeah. Feels boring and repetitive. Also should be more of an adventure. The whole training your pokemon with candies thing is turn off for me. I should be able to fight wild pokemon.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, it's gonna need more going on to keep people (including me) interested. Hopefully they're introducing things in bits so as not to alienate people by making it 'complicated' from the beginning.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Trading is not yet implemented, but they'll allow it in the future. I don't think there are unique pokemon for countries/cities, but you'll find certain types of pokemon depending on your location (water pokemon near lakes or rivers, for example)
I live near a nuclear power station, zapdos yeah?

Marksy7

Walked around town today on my lunch trying to make up the 5k to hatch an egg while catching anything that appeared. Hopefully doesn't wipe progress when it's released though as I'm using the APK

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Walked around town today on my lunch trying to make up the 5k to hatch an egg while catching anything that appeared. Hopefully doesn't wipe progress when it's released though as I'm using the APK
It should be fine. I'm using two different devices and can sign out of either and sign into the other to share progress.

rcoobc

Just got a third gym I think. Need to stop on the way home to get a forth

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Do you need to have the app open to clock these miles? Or can you open it and close it so its running in the background..

Also - has anyone tried the Pikachu trick at the beginning? Apparently if you run away from Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander at the beginning, you'll get a Pikachu instead?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Right I need some help. Found a hitmonlee on my travels, and by travels, I meant, I went out just to give this game a go.

My issue is, I got to where it was (I assume the grey echo is them), stood there for like 5 minutes, ever so slightly moving like a right tit and nothing! And then it dissapeared :lol:

When I get to it, what am I supposed to do to get it to spring up

Art

Art the artist
So the footsteps below the nearby pokemon indicate how far they are from you. 3 footprints means you need walk quite a bit before you can get them. 2 means you're on the right track, 1 means they're really nearby and if there are no footprints on the pokemon indicator, it means they will popup before you any second.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
So the footsteps below the nearby pokemon indicate how far they are from you. 3 footprints means you need walk quite a bit before you can get them. 2 means you're on the right track, 1 means they're really nearby and if there are no footprints on the pokemon indicator, it means they will popup before you any second.
Well I tracked down a Horsea, Drowzee and Himonlee to zero footsteps, stood within this little grey beacon and nothing happened :(
currently doing research :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
any tips on using that incense stuff.

While I am sat at home, I might aswell use it, or is it better to use it in busy areas?
I used one earlier but the pokemon where your basic stuff. Is it completely random?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Anyone else playing this in a rural area (with poor coverage)? It's kind of killing my soul.

shamans

Catching 50 Drowzee's to get a Hypno is pretty stupid, but I'll get there eventually. God knows how long it will take to get my Squirtle evolved.
This is why it's silly. Suppose you find a rare pokemon. Now you have to find more rare pokemon of the same type to make it stronger?

rcoobc

Right I need some help. Found a hitmonlee on my travels, and by travels, I meant, I went out just to give this game a go.

My issue is, I got to where it was (I assume the grey echo is them), stood there for like 5 minutes, ever so slightly moving like a right tit and nothing! And then it dissapeared :lol:

When I get to it, what am I supposed to do to get it to spring up
You have to tap it on the map when you are next to it!!
Anyone else playing this in a rural area (with poor coverage)? It's kind of killing my soul.
Yup. Some advice:

- BT wifi hot spots. Find someone's house and connect to their BT wifi.
- get used to stopping by villages that have gyms and poke stops when on your travels. It might add an hour or so to your day, but this is your life now.
- to do anything in this you need a stable internet connection. No point looking for Pokemon it you don't have internet. Try going to places you know you can get internet at first, then looking for Pokemon.
- supermarkets can be good to get Pokemon with their free Wi-Fi, as long as you can get GPS (and it seems like most let gps through)

I have no pokestops or gyms near me.

rcoobc

This is why it's silly. Suppose you find a rare pokemon. Now you have to find more rare pokemon of the same type to make it stronger?
This is the world we in right now. Still, there if more to the game then I originally thought, which makes me happy

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
You have to tap it on the map when you are next to it!!
Thats the thing, I was right on top of the grey beacon, but nothing appeared for me to click.

Was gutted because I was stood in the middle of a small patch of grass that was boggy with cars going past, must have wondered wtf :lol: