Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

decorativeed

Also, I literally just added a friend, then passed a set of tasks, before one new objective came up to add a friend.

Anyone who hasn't added me yet, please do!

dellboyy

If you work in the city centre, hop on the Manchester Discord group. I can give you a link if you're interested. But there are regular raids going on every day, usually at lunch or after work!

BootsyCollins

I've got two research tasks that require trading. Other than finding some real world friends who play this, what options do I have?
Not many i think.
You have to be close to someone to trade, but to my understanding the Pokémon community is very helpfull, so if you go to Facebook or similar, check if there is a local Pokémon group. If there is you easily find someone to trade with who lives close by.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I've got two research tasks that require trading. Other than finding some real world friends who play this, what options do I have?
Do you have a second phone you could set up a second account on?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Hate the weather being too hot. Not been on it for over a week.

I wonder if something like Parallel Space would work on the same phone. I don't know the mechanics of trading though whether it is feasible to have both apps on one device. That is something I'm going to be struggling with soon as there's no facebook/discord community for my region that I'm aware of.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Hate the weather being too hot. Not been on it for over a week.

I wonder if something like Parallel Space would work on the same phone. I don't know the mechanics of trading though whether it is feasible to have both apps on one device. That is something I'm going to be struggling with soon as there's no facebook/discord community for my region that I'm aware of.
Oh yea, perhaps that will work. Someone on my local discord posted a screenshot of PoGo on their phone, split screen with 2 different accounts. I'm not sure if trading would work that way though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Oh yea, perhaps that will work. Someone on my local discord posted a screenshot of PoGo on their phone, split screen with 2 different accounts. I'm not sure if trading would work that way though.
If it is split screen then I think it would. Just takes a bit of faffing as don't accounts need to be at least level 10 to trade?

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Until a few weeks ago when I got an android update, I couldn't play this game. Everytime I got one there was a server error.
I am finally on it (first time player) but don't really know what to do. Level 23 after 9 days which may not be so bad. It's difficult to get friends over here though. Nobody speaks English.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Not many i think.
You have to be close to someone to trade, but to my understanding the Pokémon community is very helpfull, so if you go to Facebook or similar, check if there is a local Pokémon group. If there is you easily find someone to trade with who lives close by.
Cheers for the tips. I'll see if i can wrangle another phone but i've joined a facebook group dedicated to trading too.

On more upbeat news, shiny groudon baby. Pretty ugly though, the colour of piss.

decorativeed

Where abouts do you live? Some geeks saw me putting a Pokemon in a gym, that's when I did my trading for that task. Nobody ever spotted me playing before that.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
You can surely get an android phone that's cheap as chips to play a second account on, and just tether it to your main phones 4g for data. I use my work phone as a 2nd

decorativeed

I have neither of those spare unfortunately, i had to trade to get them myself!
No worries, knew it was a long shot.

Just finally beat Mewtwo with a group of 20, but the bastard got away despite hitting it with several great shots and feeding it about 5 golden raspberries! Gutted.

dellboyy

No worries, knew it was a long shot.

Just finally beat Mewtwo with a group of 20, but the bastard got away despite hitting it with several great shots and feeding it about 5 golden raspberries! Gutted.
Ha well i do have plenty of those if you end up missing out. We'd have to wait until bf though, pvp takes most of my stardust these days haha

dellboyy

Thanks for the offer! What's 'bf'?
Means best friend, four levels are Good, Great, Ultra, Best. The stardust costs go down with each step. A legendary that you don't have will cost 80k stardust at Ultra (1 month to reach), or 40k stardust at Best (3 months to reach)

decorativeed

Means best friend, four levels are Good, Great, Ultra, Best. The stardust costs go down with each step. A legendary that you don't have will cost 80k stardust at Ultra (1 month to reach), or 40k stardust at Best (3 months to reach)
Ahh, I see. Cheers.

Also, just finally managed the 'five great curveball throws' research challenge, and it said 'streak broken' on the second one and didn't register any of the last three! POS!

dellboyy

Ahh, I see. Cheers.

Also, just finally managed the 'five great curveball throws' research challenge, and it said 'streak broken' on the second one and didn't register any of the last three! POS!
Haha yeah that one always gets me too, if it weren't for shiny spinda i'd only do it once! Mr Mime is your friend for those!

decorativeed

Beat Mewtwo again in the pissing rain in St Annes Square just now and it got away again, despite feeding it 7 or 8 golden raspberries and hitting it with two 'excellent' balls out of 10 and a few 'greats'. Anyone got any tips?

dellboyy

Beat Mewtwo again in the pissing rain in St Annes Square just now and it got away again, despite feeding it 7 or 8 golden raspberries and hitting it with two 'excellent' balls out of 10 and a few 'greats'. Anyone got any tips?
As long as you're throwing curve balls, hitting great/excellent circles and golden razzing, there's not much else you can do. Worth noting that you do get extra balls by getting gold on the gym, raiding in gyms that are your colour, and battling with best friends.

This won't help you with mewtwo of course, but if you joined either the city centre facebook or discord group, and added a few of the regular raiders, you'll start seeing the extra balls once you've reached best friends with a few.

decorativeed

Cheers, I did join that discord group you linked to and added a good few of them as friends. Guess I'll have to keep trying.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Cheers, I did join that discord group you linked to and added a good few of them as friends. Guess I'll have to keep trying.
Watch this -
Even if you can't throw as accurately at this guy, it at least means you never waste a ball by missing completely.