Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

decorativeed

Hatched a Kangaskhan just now, which I knew would happen as it's the only one of the non-European regionals I already have!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I saw a guy playing this on the streetcar today. How are people still playing it? Is it not boring yet? Been like 3 years.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I saw a guy playing this on the streetcar today. How are people still playing it? Is it not boring yet? Been like 3 years.
They're always adding new features, events, pokemon, etc

decorativeed

I stopped playing it for 2 years because it got really dull quickly. I think they've done a good job of keeping it interesting recently.

decorativeed

Came back recently after two years. Find it as great fun, and been walking soooo much more since i started playing again.

Got farfetch’d and Kangaskhan from eggs today and my first Deoxys from a raid.
Screw you, pal! I keep hatching Mr Mimes and the same old baby crap that's normally in 7ks.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I got my first Mr.Mimes today. Farfetch'd is everywhere over here. I'm sick of seeing it and don't even bother to catch it anymore.

decorativeed

I got my first Mr.Mimes today. Farfetch'd is everywhere over here. I'm sick of seeing it and don't even bother to catch it anymore.
It's the reverse situation in Europe, which is why I'm getting sick of hatching the bloody things when I can catch 20+ per day anyway! I've been after a Farfetch'd since 2016.

Minkaro

Mr Mime is useful when you've got one of the challenges revolving around great or excellent throws.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Those incense things are a waste of time. The boss has fecked off home so I opened one. You see one monster every 5 minutes or so and they've been shite. Out of the 4 so far, 2 fled after one ball.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Those incense things are a waste of time. The boss has fecked off home so I opened one. You see one monster every 5 minutes or so and they've been shite. Out of the 4 so far, 2 fled after one ball.
Use that in combination with a lure module and a lucky egg for best results.

dellboyy

Handy for community days too, only time i really use them. Else they do seem to bring the most dull spawns ever.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Just got off the train and usually see very few as it's countryside. I got a shiny farfetch'd and a perfect omanyte which I just evolved.

RonaldoVII

What region are kangaskhan eggs supposed to be from? Still need it and tauros.
It doesn't matter where the 7k egg comes from. While this event is on, any 7k egg can contain a Kangaskaan (or Farfetch'd/Mr Mime/Tauros).

Does anyone want to coordinate a mass friendship level up? I'm 1 day away or close to a few and have lucky eggs to burn:

Girth
jamesbag2008
@onemanarmy
RobManias
@Sied
SlayerRule
stevenreed81
@marukomu
unavailable9000

United Hobbit

Apparently the first wave of Unova Pokemon is due out at 9

There are regionals again, sigh. I dont really speak to many of the other "trainers" in person so don't get to trade- I'd be up for trading if you could do it remotely like with the battling them. I'm more about completing the Pokedex than getting Shinies so the blank regional spaces upset me. Though some of gen 4 are extremely elusive I haven't even seen that blue dog that walks on it's back legs apart from someone else's one when battling a gym, nor do I have a Gibble, which I would quite like as it amuses me.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/unova-pokemon/

I only watched the Indigo league containing gen 1 Pokemon growing up and in the later generations I dont think the Pokemon look quite as well thought out/ designed, however I know it must be hard having to keep designing so many of the things. Wish I could imagine something that has lead to so many games/ shows etc!

Last edited:

decorativeed

It doesn't matter where the 7k egg comes from. While this event is on, any 7k egg can contain a Kangaskaan (or Farfetch'd/Mr Mime/Tauros).

Does anyone want to coordinate a mass friendship level up? I'm 1 day away or close to a few and have lucky eggs to burn:

Girth
jamesbag2008
@onemanarmy
RobManias
@Sied
SlayerRule
stevenreed81
@marukomu
unavailable9000
I can ask Jamesbag. Let me know what time is best for you.

decorativeed

Apparently the first wave of Unova Pokemon is due out at 9

There are regionals again, sigh. I dont really speak to many of the other "trainers" in person so don't get to trade- I'd be up for trading if you could do it remotely like with the battling them. I'm more about completing the Pokedex than getting Shinies so the blank regional spaces upset me. Though some of gen 4 are extremely elusive I haven't even seen that blue dog that walks on it's back legs apart from someone else's one when battling a gym, nor do I have a Gibble, which I would quite like as it amuses me.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/unova-pokemon/

I only watched the Indigo league containing gen 1 Pokemon growing up and in the later generations I dont think the Pokemon look quite as well thought out/ designed, however I know it must be hard having to keep designing so many of the things. Wish I could imagine something that has lead to so many games/ shows etc!
Yeah, the regionals annoy me too. I'm not a global traveler, so I'll never catch some of these. If they let people remote trade like they do with battling once you reached a certain friendship level, then I could see the point in it, otherwise it's a blank space. It's taken me three years to get the two I was missing from the first gen.

United Hobbit

Yeah, the regionals annoy me too. I'm not a global traveler, so I'll never catch some of these. If they let people remote trade like they do with battling once you reached a certain friendship level, then I could see the point in it, otherwise it's a blank space. It's taken me three years to get the two I was missing from the first gen.
Yeah exactly why do they let you remote battle but not remote trade, like you I'm not a massive traveller and only go to Europe, also if booking a holiday I dont base it on what Pokemon are there! I only got the gen 1 regionals last year when they did that event, since the Unown event all I need from gen 2 is Heracross but no chance of getting it

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I'm speding a day doing raids today and I am nearly level 33.
I will use my last lucky egg before it. Sorry for not taking part in the freinship thing. Odds are when you do it, I will either be working or sleeping anyway.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
A Thousand Year Slumber (5/7).
One of the tasks is to Win against a trainer 7 times.
If anyone else needs to do this we can arrange a time and 'lose' against each other to complete it.

Minkaro

Why is the psychic duck called golduck while the golden duck is called psyduck?
Don't talk to me about Psyduck. I'm just on a special research where you have to catch 50 psychic or steel types (so 50 psychic, unless Aron pops up). Saw a Psyduck, tapped, and it's a pure water.

It's called Psyduck. Psyduck. Not Wetduck. I want a refund.

decorativeed

A Thousand Year Slumber (5/7).
One of the tasks is to Win against a trainer 7 times.
If anyone else needs to do this we can arrange a time and 'lose' against each other to complete it.
I can battle you, it's good as a chance to get sinnoh stones. I've completed that task already though, and funnily enough it didn't matter whether I won or lost, it counted them all as wins.

decorativeed

Girth
jamesbag2008
@onemanarmy
RobManias
@Sied
SlayerRule
stevenreed81
@marukomu
unavailable9000
Let me know when you want to and I'll get Jamesbag to pop a lucky egg on.

decorativeed

Is it just me or is Mewtwo just seriously hard to catch? I cant get the hang of it and miss most of my throws it seems
As others told me last time it was in raids, you need to have a good curveball technique to catch it. Only done the one Mewtwo raid this week but managed to catch it with a few balls to spare hitting it with great curveballs after a golden raspberry.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
As others told me last time it was in raids, you need to have a good curveball technique to catch it. Only done the one Mewtwo raid this week but managed to catch it with a few balls to spare hitting it with great curveballs after a golden raspberry.
My aims good but my timing is out. It seems like the window before he attacks or jumps is so small