Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

decorativeed

Yeah, a careful, pragmatic approach seems best. It also seems like the only way to get around the constant introduction of regional exclusives.

dellboyy

If you're patient enough they will get rotated or popped in eggs eventually. You've just got to catch the event when it happens.

I don't think i'm missing any regionals now from the first three gens. Combination of events, and people on discord having been on hols.

kentafuji

I have an objective to 'Battle Another Trainer in the Great League'. How do I do that?
You just have to find another trainer locally to you, and battle them.

I think you can remotely battle trainers on your friends list, but they have to a certain level of friendship with you. If you dont know anyone locally to play with.

dellboyy

Yeah, use the QR code from the battle tab on the nearby if you're not ultra friends with someone.

If you are ultra, just hit battle from the friends list.

One little hack is that you can send someone a screenshot of the QR code, and they can scan it and invite you even if they're not with you.

decorativeed

If you're patient enough they will get rotated or popped in eggs eventually. You've just got to catch the event when it happens.

I don't think i'm missing any regionals now from the first three gens. Combination of events, and people on discord having been on hols.
Sometimes when the event comes along you get nothing to show from it though. I spent tons of coins on incubators when that Unown event was on recently and hatched dozens of eggs during it but got nothing.

dellboyy

Sometimes when the event comes along you get nothing to show from it though. I spent tons of coins on incubators when that Unown event was on recently and hatched dozens of eggs during it but got nothing.
Yeah you're right there. Recently they've really ramped up the incubator exclusives, trying to rake in that cash haha.

I didn't get any unowns either, all mine are from discord folk who went to that German event. Tbf, i didn't buy any boxes, just used my free incubator.

United Hobbit

Not impressed by the fact you have to pay actual money if you want to get the un inspiring sounding regi gigas or whatever it's called outside of ex raids- if you pay actual money you get access to research tasks to get it

I'd be completely fine with paying poke coins to get access I'd probably do that- then if people dont have enough coins they can pay actual money to get the poke coins if they still want early access- I've used the gym coins before eg on the incubators for the Unown event

I dont do that many raids so probably wont get invited to an ex one so would have probably used gym coins to get the early access task. I'll resign myself to not getting this one until it's in boxes/ normal raids. I hope for Niantics sake they've been thoroughly testing the tasks imagine the uproar if people pay proper money then its glitchy

Makes me worry they are bringing in more "cash only" things for the future

The regionals are super annoying I'd rather you could earn them through either special research or the 7 day box that may inspire me to complete the 7 day box more than flipping flower crown Eevee!!!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I got a couple of black silhouettes on my finder at the bottom, but they looked familiar so I went to the locations and caught them and from what I can tell it is just female versions of cacnea and seedot. Nothing different about them at all. The evolution looks is black as well, but they evolve into the same thing. I hope they are not going to do this for every monster. I know some things like combee where it is only the female that evolves and the forms are slightly different, but these are exactly the same. I also can't believe that these are the first ones I've seen after playing for over 4 months.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
I got a couple of black silhouettes on my finder at the bottom, but they looked familiar so I went to the locations and caught them and from what I can tell it is just female versions of cacnea and seedot. Nothing different about them at all. The evolution looks is black as well, but they evolve into the same thing. I hope they are not going to do this for every monster. I know some things like combee where it is only the female that evolves and the forms are slightly different, but these are exactly the same. I also can't believe that these are the first ones I've seen after playing for over 4 months.
Both evolution of cacnea and seedot will have slightly different form between male and female

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_with_gender_differences

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You just have to find another trainer locally to you, and battle them.

I think you can remotely battle trainers on your friends list, but they have to a certain level of friendship with you. If you dont know anyone locally to play with.
Oh right, thanks! I think I might need to do that and battle someone on my friends list, as I don't have anyone other than my brother to battle :lol:

kentafuji

Its a bug, its because they have introduced their shadow version for Team Rocket Battles. The same thing happened to Turtwig when they introduced its shadow version. They basically just can't beta test their own changes very well.

Nothing to do with gender differences

Mystry

Friendship is magic
The regionals are super annoying I'd rather you could earn them through either special research or the 7 day box that may inspire me to complete the 7 day box more than flipping flower crown Eevee!!!
My past 5 rewards have all been flower Eevees and its fecking annoying. It's such a shit difference too that i can't even be arsed to evolve the entire set.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I saw a black silhouette of a caterpie when the problem started so went to catch it. It turned out to be a shiny so I thought I'd missed the news there was a shiny event on... Realised quickly enough after the next few silhouette disappointments which I'd rushed over to :rolleyes:

United Hobbit

My past 5 rewards have all been flower Eevees and its fecking annoying. It's such a shit difference too that i can't even be arsed to evolve the entire set.
It's not even a good flower crown Eevee its usually got low CP and the last one only got 2 stars!

Rooney1987

Have they said what comes after the flower Eevee on field research on November 1st ( I assume that's when the Eevee research ends)?

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Its a bug, its because they have introduced their shadow version for Team Rocket Battles. The same thing happened to Turtwig when they introduced its shadow version. They basically just can't beta test their own changes very well.

They got me with a fake shuppet and a duskull too. I walked miles to get these as well. Feckers.

United Hobbit

Well unless its faked the November and December 7 day breakthrough box is yet another Eevee- this time in a Santa hat :mad::mad:

Just why?!

Have it in the wild if you're going to have it or as a reward for a task but not in the flipping box. I haven't bothered doing tasks as the 7 day thing is so naff

Seriously hope its faked!

dellboyy

Well unless its faked the November and December 7 day breakthrough box is yet another Eevee- this time in a Santa hat :mad::mad:

Just why?!

Have it in the wild if you're going to have it or as a reward for a task but not in the flipping box. I haven't bothered doing tasks as the 7 day thing is so naff

Seriously hope its faked!
Yeah that's a proven fake thankfully. It went around our group yesterday too haha

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Any of my ultra friends willing to let me beat them 7 times? Need it for a research task. Willing to return the favour if anyone needs it too.
You don't have to win. I finished this ten minutes ago and only won 1 out of 7.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Maybe we can set up times when we are all available. I have very little chance to fight people here.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Sorry. I just went out because there is kind of an agreement here it seems where blue beats the gyms at night and red beats them in the morning. I almost always get my 50 coins. I noticed that one about 500 metres away had just changed to blue. As I got there I noticed the next one along was in the process of being taken over. I amnaged to get one in each so can buy extra storage tomorrow probably.
One the way back a wild deer nearly ran into me. It's pitch black around here and it didn't see me until the last second. It then stopped and skidded a couple of feet on the tarmac and bolted. Now time for whisky before bed. A good day.

For future fights we could arrange to either win or lose them to get the badges.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Christ I've hammered it today. I caught Darkrai with the first ball. I finished the first part of the special research and am over half way through the next. I had 60 or so pineapples so was getting 12 candies for almost everything I caught.

decorativeed

Yeah, i had a good day yesterday too. Finally got that shiny magikarp and also bagged a shiny ghastly.

Oh, and a shadow Lapras!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Another shiny farfetche'd for me. That's three in a month. Also a shuppet, Murkrow and Rattata.

Has anyone here had the new update yet?

decorativeed

The one you have to pay for a ticket. It's in the shop after the update.

The postponed community day for Trapinch is tomorrow in Japan, and guess who's working.
I think the next one will be all of this year's community days combined into a weekend. It's definitely over two days, like last year's December one was. If so, you should get a chance at trapinch then.