Gaming Pokémon Go (Android, iOS)

dellboyy

I managed to beat him on supereffective week, but none of the guides seemed to do it for me, it was trial and error in the end. The first pokemon I battled always destroyed almost everything I picked to counter it, making it impossible to progress very far.
I've just looked at the last team i used for Giovanni, and it looks like i just used three tyranitars, lv 35, 35, 30 with smack down / stone edge.

It was a while back, so i can't remember the lineup, but that must have done it!

decorativeed

I've just looked at the last team i used for Giovanni, and it looks like i just used three tyranitars, lv 35, 35, 30 with smack down / stone edge.

It was a while back, so i can't remember the lineup, but that must have done it!
Trouble is I only have one of those!

I made a party with the three I used, against the leaders, but when I've tried a second or third time, the results haven't been anywhere near as good.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
I've managed to get a pokestop within range of my house thanks to the pokestop submission feature. So handy. I think I'd prefer a stop than a gym though. It's handy for rocket battles.
Looks like the pokestop nomination that would have turned mine into a gym got rejected for now so it will stay a pokestop. I've done 70 odd rocket leaders so far, not overly fussed on losing out on them. A gym would be sweet for raids, can just make a couple more accounts on other devices and solo them all from my sofa!

dellboyy

Trouble is I only have one of those!

I made a party with the three I used, against the leaders, but when I've tried a second or third time, the results haven't been anywhere near as good.
Don't forget to grab yourself another couple next weekend then, they'll always be good to have.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Sorry I've been busy this past week. Are you free at all anytime today?
No sorry Monday's aren't good for me. I'll give you a shout in the week if that's alright?

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm struggling massively to beat any of the Team Leaders. I only have 1 Pokemon over 3000CP so always seem to just run out of health before I can beat them. So frustrating.

dellboyy

@Vault Dweller The most important thing to consider when picking your team is to resist the pokemon the leaders have. It's not just about brute strength. The guide posted above should give you a good idea of which you can pick for each.

You certainly don't have to max the pokemon in question though, level 30 is more than good enough. It's more important that you have the correct moveset on them.

Vault Dweller

@Vault Dweller The most important thing to consider when picking your team is to resist the pokemon the leaders have. It's not just about brute strength. The guide posted above should give you a good idea of which you can pick for each.

You certainly don't have to max the pokemon in question though, level 30 is more than good enough. It's more important that you have the correct moveset on them.
Nice one mate, cheers for the advice. Will definitely take that on board next time.

dellboyy

Nice one mate, cheers for the advice. Will definitely take that on board next time.
No probs, they're certainly not easy though. The problem is you don't know who to pick until you know their exact team. So expect a couple of defeats at least until you've seen their team. Then you can pick the most approriate counters.

Vault Dweller

No probs, they're certainly not easy though. The problem is you don't know who to pick until you know their exact team. So expect a couple of defeats at least until you've seen their team. Then you can pick the most approriate counters.
Aye as you say it's difficult until you know what Pokemon you are fighting against. Will definitely expect quite a few defeats before victory :lol:

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Also, I need to add a friend for a task so anyone who hasn't added me yet please do so :)

Code is 323361218855, cheers!
I've just added you.

Re the team leaders, I think the difficulty can vary massively depending on your luck with which pokemon they use and what moves they have. I couldn't beat Arlo yesterday even though I've been playing since launch and have loads of maxed out pokemon. I tried again today and did it in one go.

Vault Dweller

I've just added you.

Re the team leaders, I think the difficulty can vary massively depending on your luck with which pokemon they use and what moves they have. I couldn't beat Arlo yesterday even though I've been playing since launch and have loads of maxed out pokemon. I tried again today and did it in one go.
Thanks for the add man.

I think you’re right I have beaten one pretty straight forward but then really struggled since. Think I’m just gonna need to adapt tactics every time.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Thanks for the add man.

I think you’re right I have beaten one pretty straight forward but then really struggled since. Think I’m just gonna need to adapt tactics every time.
Are you JamboFulton?

Use these guides to choose your pokemon too, and to know what pokemon you need to work on:
https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/team-go-rocket-leader-guide-defeating-arlo
https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/team-go-rocket-leader-guide-defeating-cliff
https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/team-go-rocket-leader-guide-defeating-sierra

A lot of the advised pokemon have commuity day moves like Tyranitar, Metagross, Blaziken, so the community day weekend coming up might let you evolve some of them.

Vault Dweller

Are you JamboFulton?

Use these guides to choose your pokemon too, and to know what pokemon you need to work on:
https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/team-go-rocket-leader-guide-defeating-arlo
https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/team-go-rocket-leader-guide-defeating-cliff
https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/team-go-rocket-leader-guide-defeating-sierra

A lot of the advised pokemon have commuity day moves like Tyranitar, Metagross, Blaziken, so the community day weekend coming up might let you evolve some of them.
Aye mate that’s me.

Nice one. Thanks a lot for those links and advice :)

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Aye mate that’s me.

Nice one. Thanks a lot for those links and advice :)
If you're wondering why you've just had another friend request from me... I had a shocker and removed you when I was trying to rename you :wenger:

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I could only play for 30 minutes during the Saturday 3 hours but still managed 6 shinies. I made up for it today catching another 19. No Slakoth and only one Tortodile. I am trying top get a shiny for each evolution.

United Hobbit

Can see why people are struggling with the team leaders I got Cliff as my first encounter with one the other day I even struggled with his Meowth. His Flygon was near impossible to beat especially as he could also block, the thing would then use some dragon move and obliterate me, if I finally got past that I ended up with him using Tyranitar.

Tried about 10 times getting crosser and crosser but refused to give up as didnt want him laughing in my face, ended up getting really angry told my boyfriend to have a go.... he beats him first try :lol:

I think he used Gallade, Mamoswine and Kyogre which now someone has said above makes sense i was trying to go toe to toe with him and use types his were weak against

Cant wait til I get Giovanni he will likely destroy me as I never played the game so don't know about effective types

Even more annoying all I got out the encounter was a rubbish IV Meowth dont even think it was 2 star :(

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Recent T5 raid bosses have been really far away, but Lugia and Ho-Oh are almost on top of you. I got 2 and 1 today so that's me done with them. I just need to find a Verizion raid and I still need that Galarian Weezing.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Can see why people are struggling with the team leaders I got Cliff as my first encounter with one the other day I even struggled with his Meowth. His Flygon was near impossible to beat especially as he could also block, the thing would then use some dragon move and obliterate me, if I finally got past that I ended up with him using Tyranitar.

Tried about 10 times getting crosser and crosser but refused to give up as didnt want him laughing in my face, ended up getting really angry told my boyfriend to have a go.... he beats him first try :lol:

I think he used Gallade, Mamoswine and Kyogre which now someone has said above makes sense i was trying to go toe to toe with him and use types his were weak against

Cant wait til I get Giovanni he will likely destroy me as I never played the game so don't know about effective types

Even more annoying all I got out the encounter was a rubbish IV Meowth dont even think it was 2 star :(
The rewards for the team leaders and Giovanni are surprisingly shit for how difficult they are. Easily the most difficult challenges in PoGo so far. At least in raids you can just get more people to make them easy.

decorativeed

Recent T5 raid bosses have been really far away, but Lugia and Ho-Oh are almost on top of you. I got 2 and 1 today so that's me done with them. I just need to find a Verizion raid and I still need that Galarian Weezing.
Yeah, had the same issues, plus I got hardly any balls against them and they broke out so I ended up having to get some premium raid passes and have extra goes! I did Verizion the other day but it was pissing down in Manchester, so there were far fewer people raiding and the rain on my screen made it impossible to throw a decent ball, so it fled.

Still not got a galarian Weezing either. The raids are always at an inconvenient time and location, and you're guaranteed that if you turn up to a 4 star raid for hatch, it's something else you're not interested in. I never got to beat a Tyranitar raid for the same reasons.