Gaming Pokémon Strumfest

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Step 5. Realise it kills your phone's battery and buy a RG35XX for £65 instead
Everything kills phone battery and the Pixel gas pretty good battery life, doesn't really kill it too much since I only really play it on tube and train journeys!

Sara125

Imagine me as someone who plays it with Ash's team trying to win with a Squirtle and Bulbasaur. It's hard enough without the abominable movesets!
Eventually I actually won all the cups. have barely even bothered with round 2 (once you’ve beat the game the first time, round 2 is harder)

Yagami

Good post resistant
By the way, @Vidyoyo , there's similar game called Pokémon Ash Gray that's even older. It follows the anime even closer than Fire Ash. Like, Charizard won't obey you until he loses to that Poliwrath. It's much shorter, though. It only goes up to the first gym battle in the Orange Islands arc.

Eventually I actually won all the cups. have barely even bothered with round 2 (once you’ve beat the game the first time, round 2 is harder)
Yeah, I know I've got no chance in round 2 with my strategy :lol:

MiceOnMeth

Currently playing Pokémon blaze black 2 redux
The jump in difficulty even on the normal mode is wild :lol: I had to spam revives to beat the 5th gym.

Some things I really like: changing Charizard to a fire/dragon is a great change

Buffing some weaker Pokémon like Butterfree making them a lot more usable is really cool

My team currently:
Charizard
Arbok
Serperior
Braviary
Metagross
Lanturn

Gen 5 sprites look so much better than the modern 3D models. I think this is the pinnacle of the series along with heartgold/soulsilver

Sara125

The jump in difficulty even on the normal mode is wild :lol: I had to spam revives to beat the 5th gym.

Some things I really like: changing Charizard to a fire/dragon is a great change

Buffing some weaker Pokémon like Butterfree making them a lot more usable is really cool

My team currently:
Charizard
Arbok
Serperior
Braviary
Metagross
Lanturn

Gen 5 sprites look so much better than the modern 3D models. I think this is the pinnacle of the series along with heartgold/soulsilver
Is this a hacked game? I heard some of them are actually really good

MiceOnMeth

Is this a hacked game? I heard some of them are actually really good
Yeah it's keeps the same story as the original games but adds things like increased difficulty and better Pokémon variety on the routes. Easy to download and play on your phone with an emulator!

paulscholes18

My team currently:
Charizard
Arbok
Serperior
Braviary
Metagross
Lanturn

I brought what I thought was Black 2 for the ds, it turned out to be a very hard version and I haven’t got past Elesa, she has Emolgawhich know U turn as well as volt switch, Ampharos, Eletrabuzz which has Ice punch and life Orb, Lanturn which has the air balloon as the item and her ace Zebstrika has Bounce, volt switch, Overheat, All level 33-35. When Pokémon around are low 20’s it’s a bitch to level 6 Pokémon to 40+.

I managed to do it thanks to reviving my Lucario twice

Last edited:

Sara125

Heard good things about Fire Red: Rocket edition as far as hacked ROMs go. Absolutely loving it so far! LT Surge takes steroids and the underground path is a brothel :lol: