Gaming Pokémon Strumfest

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
The feckers at power had taken too many orders and decided TODAY to tell me in a email that they've cancelled my order.
Last time I'm ordering games from them, that's for damn sure.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Really toying with the idea of buying a Switch for this game. Those who have it, what's the verdict so far?

Hephaestus

Really toying with the idea of buying a Switch for this game. Those who have it, what's the verdict so far?
I'm 5 badges in and really enjoying it so far. Though the pre-game concerns that it would be easy are definitely true, yet to have a battle where I actually need to try. Really like a lot of the new pokemon.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Its great, to be honest. The open world element is brilliant. New pokemon seem a little bland, to be honest. Theres that discount squirtle that looks awful.

LInkash

What does open world mean and how you s it different from.previous games?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What does open world mean and how you s it different from.previous games?
Its not linear as most of, if not all, the previous games. They've added the ability to explore regions in a similar manner to some of your big RPGs. Of course, its not at the level of Final Fantasy's and whatever else, but its a change most wanted and really adds a much wanted extra element to the game.

Sara125

Its not linear as most of, if not all, the previous games. They've added the ability to explore regions in a similar manner to some of your big RPGs. Of course, its not at the level of Final Fantasy's and whatever else, but its a change most wanted and really adds a much wanted extra element to the game.
Is it previous regions like sinnoh, johto, kanto etc.? Or new ones?

Sara125

Also do you guys reckon from here on out every main series Pokemon game will be exclusive to switch?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Raids are so fun, while the campaign is a bit lacking in the end I found the game extremely enjoyable and I'm having a blast with raids

Yagami

Good post resistant
Being toxic because they didn't get what they want. Bunch of idiots.
Ha, I gathered that, but do you have the specifics? Like, what did they want that they didn't get, and what did they do because of it?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Ha, I gathered that, but do you have the specifics? Like, what did they want that they didn't get, and what did they do because of it?
They wanted to be able to transfer all old Pokemon to the new games, which is fair, but then when Game Freak insisted that that isn't there vision for the series anymore they threw a tantrum, someone falsely accused Masuda (the producer) of rape, and then they had to cancel some events due to death threats, even Serebii got death threats and he runs a private site that have nothing to do with game freak.

Yagami

Good post resistant
They wanted to be able to transfer all old Pokemon to the new games, which is fair, but then when Game Freak insisted that that isn't there vision for the series anymore they threw a tantrum, some falsely accused Masuda (the producer) of rape, and then they had to cancel some events due to death threats, even Serebii got death threats and he runs a private site that have nothing to do with game freak.
Holy cow! I wasn't expecting it to go that far! I know some Pokémon fans can go a bit far (up there with Sonic fans), but to go that far was something I didn't expect.

I haven't got what I've wanted from a Pokémon game in probably over a decade, and my answer to that was to just simply stop buying the games. A crazy concept I know!

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
They wanted to be able to transfer all old Pokemon to the new games, which is fair, but then when Game Freak insisted that that isn't there vision for the series anymore they threw a tantrum, someone falsely accused Masuda (the producer) of rape, and then they had to cancel some events due to death threats, even Serebii got death threats and he runs a private site that have nothing to do with game freak.
To be fair, Game Freak said they had cut Pokémon to focus on the rest of the game and specifically that they needed to redo the models which turned out to be a barefaced lie.
That doesn't excuse the stuff aimed at any of the staff, mind.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I love this new game, but the same gripe remains. Why does it have to be so mindnumbingly easy. Especially the default exp share makes it so that you one shot pretty much every trainer's pokemon. As someone who is not at all interested in multiplayer, it's kind of sad. Gimme a challenge. Even if it's an unfair one where gym leaders pokemon are brokenly powerful.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
About a 3rd of a box into breeding Duraludon, trying to get one with decent IV's, doing it before the endgame, yeesh, dumb I know but the wild one I found had gash Sp-A, can't be having that. Best so far is a 3 IV(hp, att, sp-d) with a high sp-a, but it has like 2 for speed. Will get there

Wal2Fra

I'm 5 badges in and really enjoying it so far. Though the pre-game concerns that it would be easy are definitely true, yet to have a battle where I actually need to try. Really like a lot of the new pokemon.
Does the storyline and open-world map make up for how easy battles are?

Hephaestus

Does the storyline and open-world map make up for how easy battles are?
The open area* really does, I probably spent half my time in there. I'd almost recommend it just for that. The den battles are really good and the higher level ones are surprisingly challenging if you're trying to play them on your own/with the AI. The story is kind of meh, picks up near the end but it kind of seemed like just going down a checklist rather than following a story. The final tournament is good though.

*it's one big open area rather than an entire open world, rest of the game is the usual linear route from town to town.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
About a 3rd of a box into breeding Duraludon, trying to get one with decent IV's, doing it before the endgame, yeesh, dumb I know but the wild one I found had gash Sp-A, can't be having that. Best so far is a 3 IV(hp, att, sp-d) with a high sp-a, but it has like 2 for speed. Will get there
Working out IVs yourself or is the judge function available where you're at? Also, what is the frequency of bottle caps like? I got Ultra Sun a while after everyone else did so still playing that, but trying to get bottle caps is a pain. I've got a 6 IV ditto so I'm not too bad with breeding, but when it comes to breeding shinies the bottle cap means a 5 IV is fine.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
To be fair, Game Freak said they had cut Pokémon to focus on the rest of the game and specifically that they needed to redo the models which turned out to be a barefaced lie.
That doesn't excuse the stuff aimed at any of the staff, mind.
I don't care, the game still so good.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Holy cow! I wasn't expecting it to go that far! I know some Pokémon fans can go a bit far (up there with Sonic fans), but to go that far was something I didn't expect.

I haven't got what I've wanted from a Pokémon game in probably over a decade, and my answer to that was to just simply stop buying the games. A crazy concept I know!
Haha you should see the threads on ResetEra and the fighting between both sections of the fun, hilarious.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Working out IVs yourself or is the judge function available where you're at? Also, what is the frequency of bottle caps like? I got Ultra Sun a while after everyone else did so still playing that, but trying to get bottle caps is a pain. I've got a 6 IV ditto so I'm not too bad with breeding, but when it comes to breeding shinies the bottle cap means a 5 IV is fine.
Working it out myself, well, with Serebii's calculator, think I've only seen the one bottle cap, but I've only just got to the point where I can take on 4 and 5 star Max Raids.

I'd kill for a 6IV Ditto! :drool:

Ended up with a 2 IV Duraludon, but with the rest of them 25+, more than happy with that until I can get proper breeding tools and such.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Working it out myself, well, with Serebii's calculator, think I've only seen the one bottle cap, but I've only just got to the point where I can take on 4 and 5 star Max Raids.

I'd kill for a 6IV Ditto! :drool:

Ended up with a 2 IV Duraludon, but with the rest of them 25+, more than happy with that until I can get proper breeding tools and such.
If you can get them from high raids that isn't too bad. Better frequency than relying on Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza, though I suppose it depends on the groups you get matched up with.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
If you can get them from high raids that isn't too bad. Better frequency than relying on Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza, though I suppose it depends on the groups you get matched up with.
Just reached the postgame/battle tower, you can buy bottle caps for 25bp.

Literally across the screen from the hyper trainer, they're going all in on helping out the competitive scene, it seems.

Also, unrelated, but Sirfetch'd is soooooo bloody broken! STAB fighting version of Giga Impact off his massive attack, and the Farfetch'd Stick/Leek still works. :lol: Think it makes Leaf Blade a 100% crit too...

Minkaro

Ballonlea is one of my favourite Pokemon locations ever. It just looks so cool.

Not happy about finding out I need to trade one of my Pokemon to evolve it though. I don't want to pay for Nintendo Online :(.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

Not happy about finding out I need to trade one of my Pokemon to evolve it though. I don't want to pay for Nintendo Online :(.
Which one, I've seen stuff like Gengar and Steelix roaming the wild area, and I believe all are catchable in Max Raids, at least.

Member 39557

It's like £20 for a year and you get access to great snes and nes games. I'm not a fan of subscriptions at all, but it is good value.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

Can you even participate in raids without the subscription? I honestly think its worth it and Pokemon is a game that needs it