Police called in over drug scandal at major football club in England.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
A major football club in England has been rocked by a drugs scandal that has gone as far as the police and the English authorities, the Observer can reveal.

The police were called in to investigate after senior members of staff started suspecting some of their colleagues were regularly using class-A drugs inside the stadium. The allegations go to the top of the club and involve at least one high-profile figure with a considerable reputation within the sport.

On one occasion, two prominent officials were allegedly caught snorting cocaine in the boardroom of a rival club during an away fixture. Rumours of the incident have spread among other clubs in the same division. Officials of the league in question have been made aware and are treating it as a first within the sport.

However, there are people at the relevant club who are concerned it may be more a more widespread problem than just the one case. At a home match, one member of the club's hierarchy became concerned when he noticed the residue of a white powder on the clothing of a colleague as he took his seat.

The club cannot be named for legal reasons but a high-ranking source has confirmed that internal inquiries began "following allegations that hard drugs were being consumed by certain people on the premises".

He added: "The police have been informed, as have the relevant league, so it is now a matter for the police to find out if there is a case to answer."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/19/police-called-drug-scandal-major-club?CMP=twt_gu
Let the gossiping commence.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
All of the current top 6, we'll be champions.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I remember Gary O'Connor took it when at a club and they covered it up as an injury.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Can't be us, the only pills knocking around Carrington are anti-depressants.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
As long as it isn't the players of said club I can't think that this will have any footballing implications.

Saoirse.

Liverpool Fan
Doubt its a big team if it involved only 'one high profile figure'.

Its probably a Championship or League one team with one big player who used to ply their trade in the Prem.

edit:Actually rereading it it doesn't even seem to involve players.

Raul Madrid

Is it moyes? A lot of his decisions and judgement seem to have been impaired this season :p

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Businessmen of rich company in cocaine use shocker.

How is this news? Is not the players

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Players have been at it forever. I knew of a few over 20 years ago. A mate of mine was selling it to them.

Plugsy

Moyes sniffing coke would explain a lot of things that happened in the summer.
No it wouldn't, it'd make it even more inexplicable for someone to be taking lines to feed a buzz of sitting on their arse doing bugger all. If it is Moyes he should sue the crap out of his supplier.

Needham

I'm going with Newcastle. Very weird up and down performances. That said, I'm currently on my knees praying it's Liverpool. There's something glazed and certain about Rodger's stare.

RedRover

:lol:

Doesn't this allegedly happen quite frequently within the sport?
I reckon loads of players will take cocaine. Loads of young lads do it and they've got the money to do it.

Also, as I understand it, it doesn't stay in your body for that long afterwards.

The clubs will cover up all kinds if dodgy behaviour for players. I bet we don't hear the half of it.

My mate lived with a copper for a while. He told me don't stories of one PL player who was regularly locked up for being drunk and disorderly.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
It says nothing about it being a member of playing staff, it will be a CEO or something. In fact the article says nothing to indicate it has anything to do with the playing staff, the headline is a click-baiter because it automatically makes you think doping.

Woodzy

Who was that coach kicking off at the Chelsea game last night. Its him, clearly.