Police officer shot dead in custody centre

lewwoo

Have you ever been targeted by a police officer? Ever been humiliated and threatened while trying to report a crime? My brother is a good guy and I know he does a good job and he cares, I also know that there are plenty of bad officers, ones who should be in prison.
I cant see any reason why anybody would be humiliated for reporting a crime. Would love to see any evidence of that. On the most part any crimes are reported via 999 or 101 and the public have no meeting with an Officer until after the crime has been reported.

Deery

Dreary
I cant see any reason why anybody would be humiliated for reporting a crime. Would love to see any evidence of that. On the most part any crimes are reported via 999 or 101 and the public have no meeting with an Officer until after the crime has been reported.
I agree that’s a mistake when replying it’s actually @Cascarino comment I was replying to him but made a mistake

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

They are saying this is a possible way that the officer was shot. Not sure how physically easy it is in this position to shoot someone 5 times as well as shoot yourself in the neck.
I think one of the early reports said it happened as they were preparing him for a metal detector test prior to moving him to a cell. I kind of assumed that it was more or less just after the cuffs were released.

I guess we won't know much more until the official reports start to be released.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’ve seen it linked with BLM protests
I’ve seen it linked in a different way - ‘why isn’t there the same uproar as when a criminal was killed in the USA?’

As if George Lloyd’s murder was the sole reason for the uproar, and the murder of a police officer by a criminal somehow compares to the countless murders of people, innocent or otherwise, by police officers.

It’s massively disrespectful to this police officer to try and relate the two, to be honest. Everyone’s knows it’s awful, but there’s no reason to protest. There’s nothing to fight. It’s a scumbag being a scumbag.

lewwoo

I’ve seen it linked in a different way - ‘why isn’t there the same uproar as when a criminal was killed in the USA?’

As if George Lloyd’s murder was the sole reason for the uproar, and the murder of a police officer by a criminal somehow compares to the countless murders of people, innocent or otherwise, by police officers.

It’s massively disrespectful to this police officer to try and relate the two, to be honest. Everyone’s knows it’s awful, but there’s no reason to protest. There’s nothing to fight. It’s a scumbag being a scumbag.
Like the scumbag who killed George Floyd then? A scumbag being a scumbag? Everyone knows that was awful but theres no reason to protest and burn down neighbourhoods.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

I've had quite a lot of experiences, most went fairly ok with the police involved being fairly decent and some who I thought were really sound and actually cared. I've seen some bad ones but I've only had one myself which I would call horrible. On the whole they've been good.

This was a fair few years ago and I'd gotten into a shit situation and was sleeping rough. I got beaten up pretty badly by two drunks. Afterwards I was walking along the street and saw an officer, so I told him what had happened. The moment he found out I was sleeping rough his whole demeanour changed, he then began focusing on drugs and alcohol. I told him that I was sober but he refused to believe him, I told him to breathalyse me and he got aggressive, telling me not to tell him how to do his job and threatening me with being drunk and disorderly. I'd just had my head kicked in, I was pretty shaken up by what had happened and life in general and I just wanted to cry, so I just said it didn't matter and tried to walk away but he made a big scene about calling me back. Asked a few fairly inane details about where I was sleeping and then told me I was free to go, but warned me to keep out of trouble.
There you go, a post I made back in May. You don’t see why an officer would humiliate someone? Do you see why they would racially profile someone? (we had an Einstein officer on here openly admit to viewing young black men differently to white men) Do you see why they would make up an offence or lie on a case report?

Why would a police officer threaten and humiliate you for reporting a crime? No I have only had good experiences when I’ve had contact with police, this preconception that police are out to get you is totally a wrong one. Maybe there is a bad one in the police but there is bad ones everywhere in life. I think the vast majority nowadays would be good and that’s from the view of a Catholic growing up in Northern Ireland where I’ve seen great injustices from the RUC towards Catholic’s..
There might be bad ones everywhere in life, but how many of them come with the power to feck up your life with impunity? Just watch this clip
The reason that clip stands out to me is because I’ve seen it before. So when you eulogise about the police being heroes and fighting the villains of society, you should also note to a lot of that the police are the villains. I’ve lived in communities where you never got the police involved. Not because of playground shit of not telling, but because the police had proven themselves to be untrustworthy and they have power and agency over people.

Racial profiling is a big problem with the police, We’ve had senior BAME police officers come out and readily admit this.

As for the vast majority of them being good, I don’t know. I’ve had some brilliant interactions and I’ve posted about them before, but I’ve also had bad ones. And I’m fully cognisant of the fact that my experiences often differ to those of my black friends.

This articulates far better part of my problem with the false equivalency than I could have conjured. It’s a very good point, it was absolutely awful but there is nothing to protest. I saw it recently in the US when a black man murdered his neighbours (white) kid and there was a bunch of comments asking why people weren’t out protesting. It’s because the guy was fecking arrested.

Like the scumbag who killed George Floyd then? A scumbag being a scumbag? Everyone knows that was awful but theres no reason to protest and burn down neighbourhoods.
The reason they protested is because (even more so in the US) officers are rarely punished. The man who killed the officer (had he not shot himself) would have been arrested, and faced full punishments in the courts. That’s not always the case for officers...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Policemen are in a position of power and authority, and are meant to protect people, even those who are guilty of something, assuming they’re not trying to attack anyone. With the power comes the responsibility not to abuse it.

Surely you can see the difference here? You don’t think it’s worth kicking off when people, sometimes completely innocent, but almost always undeserving of death, are winding up dead because of the abuse of said power? Abuse that’s basically backed by the government.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
@lewwoo you have my full support mate, I’ve Only had a couple of interactions with the police over the years, some were arseholes, some were great.

it’s never a job I would have liked and even more so these days, all you seem to get is hate and Britain has a really bad habit of mixing uk police with American police at the moment which is not helping anything. police these days are all being lumped as one and hated as one and I feel people would soon change their attitude if they needed your help.
I’ve seen posts on here openly saying they don’t care if police get killed as they’re all as bad as each other and they choose to do it, quit if they don’t like the idea of being all grouped as one. It’s just ridiculous.

and yeah, the OP left without even a reply for a while and then only one page didn’t surprise me either