[Poll Added] Hypothetical: Next manager after Jose Mourinho

Who would be your current choice for next manager after Jose Mourinho?

• Total voters

Canagel

It’s really is a sad state of affairs. The guy is sacked recently from poor results ....
Our current manager was also hired after a series of bad results . But then so did Liverpool with Jurgen. He had dortmund in the relegation zone before he left but is in the title picture. The question is does Jardim have a philosophy/vision for the club that he wants to implement and judging from his time at Monaco he ticks a lot of the boxes. Dynamic football, development of youth, european pedigree, good man manager ...

In Rainbows

It’s really is a sad state of affairs. The guy is sacked recently from poor results ....
It was bound to happen eventually. He year after year lost his best players. Eventually you're going to find players that you can't reach. Klopp was also sacked from a similar manner prior to going to Liverpool.

The reason why many of us want Jardim is that he's the one who gave Martial a good amount of minutes to break out, and integrated Mbappe from the youth team meaning he obviously has proven he can integrate the youth. He's also demonstrated he can play attacking football (though he might go more defensive at United depending on what he sees from his squad).

waza7111

Jardim is a quality manager. Plays attacking fooball, promotes youth players and makes good signings. His Monaco team were brilliant before they sold half their first XI. Still my number one choice.

Nikelesh Reddy

Pochettino would be my choice,but I”m not sure if we can get him next summer.I”m still pretty sure that Pochettino would be interested in taking over....But can we get him out of Spurs when he’s still got a 4 year contract?

JohnnyLaw

I thought the disastrous summer window would open up our eyes toward the people running the club but instead we are scapegoating the manager. While the results are below par had Mourinho got the players he demanded we wouldn't be this low in the table.

Let's not forget he won two major trophies in his first year and 2nd place after so many years finishing outside the top 3 as well as the FA Cup final last year but let's ignore and admonish him.

We are literally becoming Chelsea fans.
Mourinho was just as culpable for the transfer window mess as woodward, probably more so. And to suggest that we wouldn’t be in this situation had he got his golden CB is wishful thinking.

His pride/stubborness/idiocy is his own undoing. How can you complain about CBs when you field McTominay in defence twice over an actual CB that he himself bought two seasons ago!

We’ve got over 200 million pounds worth of his own signings warming the fecking bench and you think he’d turn it around if only he’d had another CB?
What evidence is there?

And if you count the League cup and the Europa league as ’major’ tropies then there are no minor trophies.. We might aswell count the Community shield aswell...

Darkhorsez

It was bound to happen eventually. He year after year lost his best players. Eventually you're going to find players that you can't reach. Klopp was also sacked from a similar manner prior to going to Liverpool.

The reason why many of us want Jardim is that he's the one who gave Martial a good amount of minutes to break out, and integrated Mbappe from the youth team meaning he obviously has proven he can integrate the youth. He's also demonstrated he can play attacking football (though he might go more defensive at United depending on what he sees from his squad).
Ok fair enough

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Whoever the next manager is, he needs to be good with bringing young players into the first team and developing them. We have a few young players with good potential to ready to come through soon and it would be a huge shame to waste their potential.

Judas

Open to offers
The idea of not hiring a manager because he got sacked for bad results is hilarious. Most managers leave under those circumstances, not many leave on a high.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Just to be pedantic here, Kloppo wasn't sacked. He and the team had a bad half a season for many reasons conspiring together to cause the perfect storm, but they fought their way out of it fine in the 2nd half of the season.

But yes, I agree with Jardim, be wrong to dismiss him cos of what happened this season. Got to look at the bigger picture.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Why are some of you so keen on Jardim?
I'm not one of the people desperate for him but I imagine they hope he can emulate his immensely entertaining Monaco side from a few years ago, without having to sell all our best players at the end of it.

reddaz71

Would prefer Conte, but can see why Woodward would go for Poch has he has shown he works well with a small budget,that wont be lost on the Glazers!

red thru&thru

Whoever the next manager is, he needs to be good with bringing young players into the first team and developing them. We have a few young players with good potential to ready to come through soon and it would be a huge shame to waste their potential.
Marco Rose. He's won the European youth league and even with Salzburg now, he has introduced a lot of youth.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I think the problem that we are going to have this summer is that a number of big teams will be on the market for a manager e.g. Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and United. WE will need to move quickly to secure the services of a manager, before the others get them first.

Judas

Open to offers
I think the problem that we are going to have this summer is that a number of big teams will be on the market for a manager e.g. Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and United. WE will need to move quickly to secure the services of a manager, before the others get them first.
Us moving quickly :lol: we'll be left picking up the scraps once again.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would not be surprised if Juve will be will be after a new manager in the summer too.

Bayern and Madrid are both proactive while we wait around and miss out on the best options.

Madrid have been linked with Mourinho so that might come in handy.

Craig Ward

Agreed. These players are capable of much better. And can't call Pogba a "massive flop".
Why cant you?

Because he's played to a world class standard over the last 2 and a bit seasons?

Or has he actually performed to a lesser standard than he is capable of?

I know what i'd pick.

He cant get in the team ahead of fellaini based on form - he's flopped

Alex201084

I think there is no point in waiting to replace Mourinho. We should do this now, when it is still possible to salvage the season.

Regarding the next manager I would like, my option is Laurent Blanc. Looking at the other mentioned candidates that we realistically have a chance to get, I really do not find anyone else whose managed teams so far had an adventurous, attractive game like we used to have under the guidance of Sir Alex.

Pochettino? I believe he is a good manager, great fit for Tottenham but not for United. He may be able to deliver top 4 performances, but I don't think he can bring us to that level of title challengers.
Allegri? Ancelotti? Conte? Italian managers, can maybe bring trophies but we would not play an attacking game and, in my opinion, they won't last more than 2-3 seasons.
Zidane? He may be a great manager, I don't know. He inherited the team at Real Madrid, he did not build it so I do not know if he has he capability of doing this.

We must be realistic: Manchester City has a great team and a great manager right now, they play the best football and they are the team to beat and will be in the following seasons (in England at least). I believe, with the history we have, we also deserve to have those things they have.

Laurent Blanc is an excellent manager whose performances speak for themselves.
He took a mediocre Bordeaux team, made a lot of transfers (but not expensive ones) and managed to win the French league with them surpassing Lyon (who had a great team and had won the league in the previous 7 years) and next year he reached the QF of the Champions League with Bordeaux. But, most importantly, he made them play an attractive attacking game similar to what we used to play under sir Alex (you can check youtube videos about that Bordeaux team from 2007-2010).

I won't speak too much about his time at PSG, but you can see that he also won a lot with them and (very important) he managed all the player's egos very well.

Blanc has one of the best managerial stats from all the names in the poll list, he is a proven winner and, most importantly, his teams win in style. The best thing is that he is currently unemployed (he had lots of offers and turned them down because he is looking for very serious projects) and is familiar with our club and the pressure that the job instills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SteveJ

Cloud7

The caf is, I think the more clued up supporters still have their priorities straight and look down on the Caf as inferior and less intelligent supporters.
So glad that you’re here to share your superior knowledge with us inferior beings.

Kapardin

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks the same about Pochettino's football.

Lack of width, lack of pace. They work very hard though which I like and you can see a structure to their play. It's not traditional United in my view.
Would agree with this. I have massive concerns over considering both Pochettino and Zidane. Neither of them would get this current squad to play pretty football IMO.

saivet

If the Jardim stuff is true, it can only be us really. At a push, Spurs if lining up a summer replacement for Poch.

Bestietom

Whoever we bring in, the board will have to back him to rebuild. We need a huge investment in this club to put things right, and get us back up there to the top. He will also have to get rid of the deadwood, which won't be easy unless their contracts run out. Some players are on far too much money here for what they give back to the club. This whole wage structure will have to change as it causes too much arguments in the club.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The caf is, I think the more clued up supporters still have their priorities straight and look down on the Caf as inferior and less intelligent supporters.
Alright, bye then.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Whoever we bring in, the board will have to back him to rebuild. We need a huge investment in this club to put things right, and get us back up there to the top. He will also have to get rid of the deadwood, which won't be easy unless their contracts run out. Some players are on far too much money here for what they give back to the club. This whole wage structure will have to change as it causes too much arguments in the club.
We keep hearing this. LvG and Mourinho was backed. I don't know why this keeps getting mentioned? You won't always get the players you want though for different reasons. Even the player turning the club down happens.

Agree some of the players need to go.

Cloud7

Alright, bye then.
Finally. That guy legitimately ruined so many threads recently. Anytime he made his input it always ended up derailing whatever discussion was taking place.

Bestietom

We keep hearing this. LvG and Mourinho was backed. I don't know why this keeps getting mentioned? You won't always get the players you want though for different reasons. Even the player turning the club down happens.

Agree some of the players need to go.
I can understand that we cannot get some players that we want, but for Gawds sake, we have 56 scouts which is more than any other club in Europe. Surely these can find us players if they are doing their job properly. Or maybe woodward is not heeding them, and just wants to bring in players that City are after. Something has to change soon or we will find ourselves so far behind that it will take years to catch up.