[Poll Added] Hypothetical: Next manager after Jose Mourinho

Who would be your current choice for next manager after Jose Mourinho?

• Total voters

Rajma

I'd honestly rather see Carrick take over for the season than let this circus continue. There's clearly huge issues at the club between the manager and several other key people and it's going to end in tears. We're not going to get near City with or without Jose this season so let's just pull the plug now and be done with it. Get rid of the one causing all the issues and let's bring some positivity back. Then make Poch an offer he can't refuse for next season and maybe just maybe we could be heading in the right direction again.
Mate, you’re asking our club to be proactive and being able to foresee things without us requiring to be in the knee-high deep shit. Have a word with yourself.

Philip Mullins

I'm 'pro Jose' and would love to see Simeone at United. The job he's done at Atletico is incredible and I honestly believe he would build something special here too. There's a reason why the likes of Saul, Koke and Griezmann have turned down chances to go to the biggest clubs in the world and committed to stay with Simeone at Atletico long term. He's the best manager in the world in my eyes.
I agree with Simeone, but would he play the attacking football we all crave? Granted, we would never see a performance like yesterday from a Simeone team. He'd have taken a lend of Fergie's hairdryer and got them ready for the second half.

Every team will loose, buts its the lack of effort I will never accept. Simeone would rejuvinate the squad. Will he leave or Poch leave current teams for United, probably not. So Zidane looks more likely.

Bojan11

I don’t want Zidane, I don’t think he plays the kind of football united fans ar craving.

Poch would be ideal but I can’t help but feel he is Madrid bound when I he leaves spurs.

I would like us to take a chance on Jardim.
Jardim aside from one season isn’t known to play exciting football.

artursk

I don't mind defensive football so long as that's what we're doing. I'm comfortable with the football he played in the first season at Chelsea. Wasn't overly defensive and more importantly he seemed to know what he was doing tactically.
Conte is extremely defensive. Mourinho also knows exactly what he wants to achieve, it's just that what he wants is decensive stability and stopping opponents from scoring. Even whem he scucceeds, it's terribble to watch. When he does not succeed (like yesterday against Brighton), the whole forum goes into meltdown. I'm afraid Conte will be the same. We need excitement back.

Reactions: harms

Bestietom

I think that the board are probably discussing who comes in right now.Mourinho will be gone by Christmas.

Beaucoup

The list of obtainable targets goes to show we already have the best option.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
How much would Poch cost considering he's just signed a 5 year deal?
It wont happen, this summer anyway as he would still have 4 years on his contract, Levy would demand a small fortune. Poch's next job will be at Madrid or PSG in my honest opinion, I don't see him bouncing from PL club to PL club rivals that easily.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
This is the man: modern manager, sense of humor, spectacular football and titles. When he got the Shkathar job, Dinamo Kiev was coming form a two consecutive titles row and it looked like the tide was changing in Ukraine.

cerdan689908

I've been told recently by someone who is in the football talent scouting business and has had dealings with Utd , that Nicky Butt is very well thought of and is a possible candidate for the future.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I've been told recently by someone who is in the football talent scouting business and has had dealings with Utd , that Nicky Butt is very well thought of and is a possible candidate for the future.
Just like some people believe that Michael McIntyre is the funniest comedian on the planet.

That fact that you even mention him shows how desperate it’s become. Mourinho is destroying the fabric of this club

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
W
This is the man: modern manager, sense of humor, spectacular football and titles. When he got the Shkathar job, Dinamo Kiev was coming form a two consecutive titles row and it looked like the tide was changing in Ukraine.

Who is he?

Oldyella

Hopefully we go for a younger manager who is on the upturn of their career rather than the downturn like our last 3 appointments.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
W

Who is he?
Paulo Fonseca. Like Jardim, he has to sort his squad problems because Shakthar looses 2/3 important players every summer. But unlike Jardim, this guy is actually an attacking manager and shows that you can win titles and play good football.

RedorDead21

I agree with Simeone, but would he play the attacking football we all crave? Granted, we would never see a performance like yesterday from a Simeone team. He'd have taken a lend of Fergie's hairdryer and got them ready for the second half.

Every team will loose, buts its the lack of effort I will never accept. Simeone would rejuvinate the squad. Will he leave or Poch leave current teams for United, probably not. So Zidane looks more likely.
Hair dryer to Pogs and Martial or several of the young players we have....those days are gone as would a manager who brought that to the table with these type of characters.

RedMilo

Steve Bruce - He's very experienced, knows & has genuine love for the club. He'll have the players respect hvaing worn the shirt and should allow someone like him to build for the long term. I like the current assistance to support him Carrick & McKenna...

shaky

Steve Bruce - He's very experienced, knows & has genuine love for the club. He'll have the players respect hvaing worn the shirt and should allow someone like him to build for the long term. I like the current assistance to support him Carrick & McKenna...
I hope this isn't serious. He's experienced in relegation battles, that's pretty much it. Only Utd fans care about Steve Bruce having worn the shirt before, it will make zero difference to new players who wouldn't even be old enough to have seen him play. Do you think it's a negative to players of Spurs, City, Liverpool or nearly any other team, that their managers didn't play for the clubs they currently manage?

Rolaholic

Steve fecking Bruce :lol::lol::lol:

Might as well mention Tony Pulis or Mark Hughes while we're at it

Pennywise

Manager/coach is completely irrelevant if Woodward wants to sign his own players (even under the guise of a DOF). Utterly directionless just now

Coops73

In my fantasy world I’d like Giggs but in reality is he too much of a risk and he still hasn’t really showed what he can do with Wales.

If Mourinho is sacked anytime soon and that’s a big IF, I suspect they may hand the reigns to Carrick and Mckenna, could Be amazing, could be shocking but whatever happens we may well be in for a bumpy ride this season.

In Rainbows

Whenever he's gotten to coach the youth side for tournaments, I haven't really liked him in that role.

RedMilo

I hope this isn't serious. He's experienced in relegation battles, that's pretty much it. Only Utd fans care about Steve Bruce having worn the shirt before, it will make zero difference to new players who wouldn't even be old enough to have seen him play. Do you think it's a negative to players of Spurs, City, Liverpool or nearly any other team, that their managers didn't play for the clubs they currently manage?
Im deadly serious. The man is a leader with great passion for the game, something we are devoid of at present. We have gone for tried and tested in Van Gaal & Mourinho and it hasn't worked, time to get some direction and unite the club.

AndyJ1985

Steve Bruce, but only on the condition he finally writes the eagerly anticipated follow up to "Sweeper!"

RedMilo

Steve fecking Bruce :lol::lol::lol:

Might as well mention Tony Pulis or Mark Hughes while we're at it
I don't see why its so funny. Tony Pulis has no Utd link and Sparky has shown me enough times that he has tried to distance himself from the club, although I loved him as a player. Bruce is the man to get us pulling in the same direction. Strong leadership, humanity and respected..

MUFC OK

Simeone is a winner, and a bit of a B*stard. He's the one I can least see failing and so I'd go for him, I'm not longer in favour of the holier than thou notion when it comes to our next manager. He can play conservative football, and still score 4 or 5, I'd be happy if he implemented fast counter attacking football and a steely mentality.

MUFC OK

Marketable with that beard and hair.. Woodward already thinking of him modelling a new club suit manufacturer $$$.

Morpheus 7

Wow....I hope your joking. He was a great player for United but has managed relegation teams throughout his career. He's currently managing a championship side, how could he possibly bring United back to challenge City. Bruce:lol::lol:
That was funny man, you cheered me up.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Marketable with that beard and hair.. Woodward already thinking of him modelling a new club suit manufacturer $$$.

Ehehe. He's got a very strong character, though. He refused Everton and Southampton job because he couldn't see it as a step up to his career and the conditions were not good.