[Poll Added] Mourinho or Woodward, Keep One To Take Us Forward

Who to keep - Mourinho or Woodward?

• Total voters

spwd

I completely agree with every poster who says Jose hasn’t got the best out of the players at his disposal but Ed is more of a problem in my eyes, if he continues to think hes the best man to decide football matters then nothing is going to change whoever he brings in as manager.

Jose hasnt got the best out of players, but they’re all so inconsistent , they're probably all showing themselves as world beaters in training but whenever they get on the pitch nobody knows what will turn up, this maybe partly jose’s tactics but it isnt just that, if you guys can’t see it then I don’t know what to say.

As for the “he signed Lindelof “ bollocks I keep hearing, well yes, he signed him BUT he’s realised he was wrong, therefore he wanted a more experienced defender to play alongside the others, Ed said Toby and Maguire were not better than what we have, sorry but he’s wrong.

At this point in time there is nobody who could do any better than Jose while working under Ed, so in my opinion Woodward needs to be removed tomorrow from anything to do with the football side, keep him for his strengths in the money making department and back Jose in January and see what happens, I just don’t see anything improving until Ed is removed from making football decisions.

So if a poll could be added @Damien for which to keep either in their current positions and see what happens or keep them both but take Ed off of the football side of things or keep Ed where he is and sack Jose, any other options please mention them.

Infestissumam

I'd keep Ed for sure.

Heck, people wanted to build him a statue only 7 months ago when he turned Mkhi into Alexis.

NinjaFletch

Anyone that answers Ed needs their head examining. Mostly because he'd bungle replacing the manager again and we'd re-start this hellish cycle.

Bojan11

Anyone that answers Ed needs their head examining. Mostly because he'd bungle replacing the manager again and we'd re-start this hellish cycle.
You could say the same about Mourinho. He’s certainly not doing his job great. Don’t see Potch moaning at Levy. He just got on with it.

Where is the option for neither?

bleedred

Why is Neither not an option?. The fans should absolutely demand that neither stay.

el3mel

Both need to go.

Those 6 years are enough to convince the most blind supporter that Ed is trash and will never tack us anywhere. He made the club a complete mess.

Minimalist

Woodward.

He ain’t coaching us to play like this.

Guess I need my head checked random internet guy.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd keep Ed because he doesnt manage the team at the end of the day. Plenty of coaches over the years have said their job is to improve what they have, it doesnt hinge on spending 400m to buy a new team (and another 400m when the first 400m flop). You coach the team, get the best out of what you have and show you deserve better players. Instead we play worse and worse with every signing.

fellaini's barber

What did Woodward even do? He's not perfect but he's not responsible for the shit we're in right now. Only thing I blame him for is that fecking Jose contract extension

reddaz71

Woodward should stand down from all football related matters on the pitch,its absolutely farcical the way he has handled transfers from the Fellaini fiasco to this summer in not backing a manager who clearly needs help, also his belief that there is nobody out there better than what we have in defence is absolutely unbelievable, Aldeweireld and Macguire are huge upgrades on Jones and Smalling yet Woodward undermimes the manager,am feeling so sorry for Mourinho at the moment.

spwd

Noodle man means more to his masters.
Well yes, we know that, but thats not what im asking.

Yup.

As I said in the op, other options will be available hopefully.

Chairman Steve

I’d keep Woodward but he has to at the very least get the next managerial appointment right.

Ideally I think he should restructure the club into a DoF(s)/First Team Head Coach system, and his main job would be handling the corporate side of Utd and the only footballing aspects he’d be involved with is player transfer negotiations (buying or selling), and recruitment of footballing directors.

Reddy Rederson

Woodward has to go. We’ve changed manger three times, nothing got noticeably better. Jose staying I can take or leave, but ed NEEDS to go. Move sideways if they must but move him and get some one in that isn’t all about money.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Woodward’s reluctance to sanction another £70 million on a centre back is not the reason that the whole fecking team is performing so poorly. That responsibility lies with the manager.

Mourinho needs to go. End of story.

Woodward makes the Glazers shit loads of money. He isn’t going anywhere.

The club should be restructured to bring in a link man between the manager and CEO. A director of Football seems to be the term for this right now.

Woodward’s biggest error has been extending Mourinho’s contract.

Regalia

Mourinho needs to stay. Period.

Woodward's bumbling has just led the club into increasing disarray since SAF left. And soon no manager will be able to bail us out of the hole of rubbish signings, bloated undeserved contracts and little Woody's bruised ego.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'd keep Woodward. Mourinho ain't for evolving so it's useless to keep him.

Both need to go.

Those 6 years are enough to convince the most blind supporter that Ed is trash and will never tack us anywhere. He made the club a complete mess.
I agree with you - if he created a long term vision for this club after he sacked Moyes we wouldn't be in this mess.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The answer is we need to let the football people do the football stuff and let Woodward do the commercial stuff. IF that happens we'd be a lot better off

AndyJ1985

OK let's say Woodward goes. On the pitch what changes? Will we start playing free flowing super attacking football and challenge for the title?

spwd

Woodward should stand down from all football related matters on the pitch,its absolutely farcical the way he has handled transfers from the Fellaini fiasco to this summer in not backing a manager who clearly needs help, also his belief that there is nobody out there better than what we have in defence is absolutely unbelievable, Aldeweireld and Macguire are huge upgrades on Jones and Smalling yet Woodward undermimes the manager,am feeling so sorry for Mourinho at the moment.
Same here, yes he’s been backed but as a few have said, you don’t stop building something halfway through it, everyone knew Jose is a today manager and I honestly believe he would have stayed longer than any of his previous clubs and played youth etc but if Ed is overruling him on football matters then i guess his time is up, but who is available?

NinjaFletch

You could say the same about Mourinho. He’s certainly not doing his job great. Don’t see Potch moaning at Levy. He just got on with it.

Where is the option for neither?
You could argue that Mourinho, properly backed and at a properly run club, could win the title. He's done it before after all. He might not do it again, but there's at least evidence to suggest he might.

You can't argue that Woodward would properly run the football club with a new manager in charge, because he's done a fecking shit job of it with three separate managers.

I don't have any real faith that Mourinho would succeed from here anyway, but I have even less faith that we're going to go anywhere as a club with Woodward in charge whoever is manager. We haven't in the past five years, and I can't see what's supposed to change to make it start now.

For the people that want Woodward to stay, considering he's hired Mourhino and LVG would you even trust him to get the 3rd mangerial appointment right?

Neo_Mufc

IIRC Woodward has taken Man Utd from 10 commercial sponsors to 80?

How do you sack that!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
With a better performing manager we wouldn't be asking this question.

With a different chairman and the same manager we probably would.

That answers it for me.

el3mel

I agree with you - if he created a long term vision for this club after he sacked Moyes we wouldn't be in this mess.
Exactly. That's the point. What was his plan when he sacked Moyes ? Nothing. His era is nothing more than panic decisions and marketable signings

What would have happened if Mourinho didn't fall with Chelsea ? What would he have done with LVG crisis ?

He knows feck all about managing a football club. He should never be trusted again.

I'm not waiting for the third managerial failure. Feck him off already.

spwd

OK let's say Woodward goes. On the pitch what changes? Will we start playing free flowing super attacking football and challenge for the title?
We back the manager 100% and see what happens, unfortunately due to Ed giving up on the season, the best we can hope for is to get a few in January, and yes they will cost an absolute fortune, but if you want to carry on playing at the top table then you need to keep spending.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
None of them are forward. One is 'three times' and the other one is 'watch this space'.

Nothing crucial being done and this season can look like a serious step backwards.

mu4c_20le

Mourinho has been done a long time ago... woodward is still learning the ropes especially without SAF and his guys doing most of the work. Nothing has changed for me.. this is jose's last season unless he miraculously wins the league or cl.

el3mel

1- We will stop getting panic managerial appointments

2- We will stop only caring about making as much marketable signings as possible without even thinking how we wil use them.

Both will improve us massively.

Enough of this Disney land BS. Klopp was right in this. We need to start be run as a proper football club id id we want success to come on the pitch.