Poll: Does it make sense to tie Pogba down to a new long term contract?

Should we give Pogba a new contract?

• Yes

Votes: 107 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 640 85.7%

• Total voters

AndyMUFC86

Give him a new deal with a 50m release clause. That way we guarantee some money for him. As is we’re not going to see a penny from him just like last time

AndySmith1990

I'll be happy when we're rid of him. Talent is irrelevant when you've got such a poor attitude towards your job. Give me a Park Ji-Sung or Darren Fletcher over a lazy moron like Pogba any day.

peridigm

Funny how Raiola doesn't actually talk much about moving his players on apart from Pogba during his stint with us. Otherwise he pretty much keeps quiet until it's the transfer window when he's angling for a re-contract or a big money move and he starts his show.
You can bet he’ll be flapping his pie hole about how unhappy Pogba was when he is playing somewhere else.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Sell him? He can sign a contract with whomever he wants in January, can't he?
Yeah, but I think the main reason the won't go in January is that he'll be UCL cup-tied.

He'll sign for Real Madrid in the Summer, I reckon.

Artorias

Give him a new deal with a 50m release clause. That way we guarantee some money for him. As is we’re not going to see a penny from him just like last time
Good idea, but i don't know if he'll sign and i really don't want him here anymore.

I'll be happy when we're rid of him. Talent is irrelevant when you've got such a poor attitude towards your job. Give me a Park Ji-Sung or Darren Fletcher over a lazy moron like Pogba any day.
Agree. I'm tired of his attitude. Ole should play Donny instead.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Yeah, let's give the captaincy to the guy who only turns up about 10 games a season and gets his brother and agent to mouth off about how much he deserves to go to another club every other international break. :houllier:
Exactly. Pogba is full of hot wind and colourful hairdo's. He has never earned a place at the table.

matt10000

Get him off the books, I have been saying this for two years too much about him and not the team, always some drama wven if it is just his haircut

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Does it make sense to tie Pogba down to a new long term contract?

For me, no it doesn't.
We've had Pogba here for 5 years, and never known how to get the best out of him, and I don't believe that we ever will, .
He is one of those players that's a square peg in a round hole here, and as much as I like Pogba, it would be better all round if he moved on.

wolvored

Pogba isnt going to sign a new deal here. it would have already been done. I would tell him he can go free in Jan and save 5 months wages.
From Pogbas viewpoint, hes 29 in March and probably wants a chance of some trophies before hes too old. There is no inkling of that happening here, as it stands.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Yeah, let's give the captaincy to the guy who only turns up about 10 games a season and gets his brother and agent to mouth off about how much he deserves to go to another club every other international break. :houllier:
I would rather have gave Pogba the armband than the current idiot who plays like a deer in headlights.

You would rather we don't sign him to a new contract and allow him to leave on a free?

spiriticon

I would rather have gave Pogba the armband than the current idiot who plays like a deer in headlights.

You would rather we don't sign him to a new contract and allow him to leave on a free?
If the choice is between Maguire and Pogba, I'd really rather give it to Roy Keane sitting in the Sky Sports studio

Borys

Statistics Wizard

Makes no sense to keep Pogba here, especially considering the wages he'd demand.
There might be many circumstances why we ended up in this place, best to part ways.

city-puma

He will definitely leave in the summer. I think it is not a bad thing for either the club or him.
In contrast to what many think here, I don’t think he is lazy or not interested when playing not well. He is just simply lack of defensive sense at all.

Stevondo8

Didn’t mourinho give him the armband, then promptly realised it was a mistake and took it off him again?

RedCurry

Can we even get 10-20M in Jan for him? It could be a good business for all parties involved. I can’t stand to watch him playing for United anymore.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
We're never going to go anywhere as a team when we are deliberately making ourselves reliant on players who are shite 75% of the time. Or keep making excuses for them.

The fact he's still at the club is a pretty good indicator of the reasons why the club constantly fails to meet expectations...because we don't even set those expectations to the players or staff.

Pogba at City or liverpool would last a third of one season at best before being benched and sacked off. Maguire on current form just wouldn't get a game in the first place.

Stacks

He left us free once.

Why do people think he would be willing to stay here and sign a contract long term?

He is very clearly going.

Waste of money but hopefully him leaving makes our scouts go and find that player that can play as a modern deep lying playmaker as a replacement to Pogba.

He's a good player but there's just weird feeling with Pogba for me that when he goes that things line up better for us as a team.

Our weaknesses get shown more obviously as a gap that needs replacing rather than trying to get the best out of Pogba.
i feel the same.

The magic hat

Supports
IFK Göteborg
HAHAHAHA… i must say that the mods humor is amazing on here… gotta love that poll.

But no, he fits perfect in a midfield setup where there is no responsibilities for him except putting the ball forward or where there is no Bruno.

A midfielder in the modern game (eapecially in the pl) can’t live on being an amazing mover of the ball and in a lot of matches he just looked like a LADA (the Russia car) version of paul scholes.

WC winner or not his professionalism isn’t there & tbh, loads of wc teams had one or more players that ain't toptop class & for top pros motivation shouldn’t be a factor for how you deliver

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
We're never going to go anywhere as a team when we are deliberately making ourselves reliant on players who are shite 75% of the time. Or keep making excuses for them.

The fact he's still at the club is a pretty good indicator of the reasons why the club constantly fails to meet expectations...because we don't even set those expectations to the players or staff.

Pogba at City or liverpool would last a third of one season at best before being benched and sacked off. Maguire on current form just wouldn't get a game in the first place.
Agree.

Josh 76

Ole is the type of guy that selects his “best players” and hopes everything clicks, no matter how crap they are playing.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Pogba is never going to be consistent enough to warrant a 400k+ contract. So no, get rid even if he goes on another free.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

This.

redmanx

Seems I've read this sort of sentiment on the forum and elsewhere, that Pogba is basically a luxury player that requires others/tactics to make him stand out. That perhaps he was vastly overrated at Juve thanks to the performances of others and the tactics employed. I've no clue how much of that is truth and fiction.
After he gave the ball away leading to Frances defeat and exit from the Euros Pogbas team mates were none too impressed with him either. He is a luxury item that very few teams can afford to indulge in.

redmanx

Yeah I've come around to the fact it's best for him to leave all things considered. We need to move on from him and get a less flashy player with more grit.
I'd settle for one who cares and actually tries!

Hammondo

Yes, 100 percent would rather him leave on a free.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

It's thinking like yours which is why the club has extended players like Jones and Matic and caused the squad to be bloated with loads of unneeded players.

Pogba leaving on a free would be great, hell if a team wants him, let him leave on a free transfer in January even. The sooner we get rid of him the better because Ole will be forced to stop using him despite his shit showings most of the time.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Think he's been very poor, the odd amazing pass but over 90 minutes he barely adds anything nowadays. Holds the ball for too long, loses the ball, it is not worth waiting on moments of magic anymore. Rarely scores, his star has faded very hard.

I'm sure a better manager would help, if Ole is to stay, we should let him go and find a more dynamic and functioning midfielder.

BaneIsPain

Let him go. It'll be a win-win situation for both sides.

He did his best just not great for United.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I don't think I can remember any other player in history whose reputation was boosted as much by a World Cup win as Pogba.

Normally, the World Cup is seen as a nice bonus to the resume of already great players, not the single main attraction.

Not to mention the endless list of average players who had a terrific World Cup careers. Klose was never anything special was he?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't think I can remember any other player in history whose reputation was boosted as much by a World Cup win as Pogba.

Normally, the World Cup is seen as a nice bonus to the resume of already great players, not the single main attraction.

Not to mention the endless list of average players who had a terrific World Cup careers. Klose was never anything special was he?
That entire squad got over rated the moment they won it hell the French Pele might go down in history as more of a pace merchant then anything else at this point

giggslover

Love Pogba, but love United more.

We have to let him go. We've tried everything at this point and its now just a "game" to see how far he and Raiola can just feck with us...

Marcus

He is a liability. It's so easy to play against him. Put 2 men on him when he has the ball. He can hold off one with his strength. With 2 he will still think he is good enough to hold them both off, but inevitably loses the ball and puts United in instant danger. If an absolute amateur like me can see that, what more world class coaches?Pogba should be sold in January or be frozen out for the rest of the season.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
It's thinking like yours which is why the club has extended players like Jones and Matic and caused the squad to be bloated with loads of unneeded players.

Pogba leaving on a free would be great, hell if a team wants him, let him leave on a free transfer in January even. The sooner we get rid of him the better because Ole will be forced to stop using him despite his shit showings most of the time.
Im not talking about dross like the players you've mentioned, I'm talking about a World Cup winning midfielder who Ole the village clown hasn’t a clue on how to manage.

Its the thinking like yours that we manage to under sell players other clubs would get decent money for.
People want us to let a player who cost the club the best part of £100m on a free rather than tying him to a new contract and selling him...laughable.

Last edited: