[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriblerus

Experienced manager, serial winner, Champions League, domestic titles, twice UEFA manager of the year, relatively low spender, knows the Premier League, out of contract in the summer. It's going to be Benitez.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Ryan Giggs as an interim and if he is good, make him permanent. This is the perfect chance to test out someone new for a season that's gone anyway.

Else, Zidane.

Thepinhead

I want Eddie Howe. I think he is ready to step up. He is young british and someone who could work well under a DOF. We tried the old dinosaurs. Poch would be my second choise however I can't see why he would want to join a project like ours when real Madrid is most likely after him as well if he is looking for a new challenge.

Honestly don't hope it will be Zidane.

fellaini's barber

Is the thread about who we want as manager or who we think we're getting? Half the managers in there are not even up for consideration by the club

RepardReece

Ideally out of that list I'd say Simeone, but that's also the most unlikely IMO. So Poch for me.

Tiber

From today until the end of the season United have to move heaven and earth and do everything possible to get Mauricio Pochettino.

If/when that becomes a dead end, then we start looking at the other (and much lesser) options

hp88

Pochh doesn't have any to leave Tottenham as well. Also Madrid will be active as well if he were to leave spurs.
He might have a better squad with Spurs at the moment but I think he's got a better chance of winning the league with us over the next couple of years.

Infra-red

This is probably the most testing time of Ed Woodward's career. All the candidates have obvious weaknesses and strengths, there is no one candidate that completely ticks all the boxes. Its' about prioritizing what we want now, which can offset certain weaknesses.
I fully expect him to get it completely wrong.

Johnnyredboots

Experienced manager, serial winner, Champions League, domestic titles, twice UEFA manager of the year, relatively low spender, knows the Premier League, out of contract in the summer. It's going to be Benitez.
Haha can you imagine it on RAWK? The patron saint of LFC managing their most hated rivals, would actually be worth it just for that :devil:

Chairman Steve

Thing with Pochettino for me as well as my previous reasons is he’ll have a ton of pressure on him immediately for the compensation we’d undoubtedly pay if we even got close to getting him from Levy, and people have noted that he hasnt won anything yet and at Utd, trophy haul is somewhat important. The likes of Europa League, FA Cups and League Cups can placate us for a short time but we’re in it for Premier Leagues and Champions League.

His biggest chance to win the league was in the Leicester season, but even they couldn’t capitalise on the other teams of their stature fecking up and ended up finishing 3rd on the last day, completely imploding.

Jardim will probably come in with lower expectations and not as much pressure, so if he played the amazing football people saw at Monaco, everyone gets behind him and people don’t react like “Well for the £30m compensation we paid for him, that’s bare minimum” for Pochettino.

Moonred

Poch. Will be incredibly difficult. Other progressive options focused around good football, youth will do. No idea how we are going to get this right, but kind of have to.

Dinghy

Don't think it will be Pochettino, so it's either Zinedine Zidane or Eddie Howe for me.

And yes, I realise that is a weird fecking sentence.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I want Poch. We've tried managers who have decorated histories, and it hasnt worked out well. Maybe someone who hasn't won anything will be hungrier to prove themselves, and therefore deliver
We also had Moyes who didn't, and look at how that turned out.

Chairman Steve

For me, Howe is the manager I’d seriously consider once our DoF system is working at its most optimum level. He shouldn’t be considered when we’re presumably laying the foundations for the said system.

Patrick08

He might have a better squad with Spurs at the moment but I think he's got a better chance of winning the league with us over the next couple of years.
We don't seem to have the players for the style he prefers to play in Tottenham. Specially the forward players and midfielders.

He wants the forwards to identify spaces and attack it, martial, lukaku, are not the best at that, they have different strengths, were lacking the midfield controllers as well who'd be up for a fight in the middle with the duels.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
We don't seem to have the players for the style he prefers to play in Tottenham. Specially the forward players and midfielders.

He wants the forwards to identify spaces and attack it, martial, lukaku, are not the best at that, they have different strengths, were lacking the midfield controllers as well who'd be up for a fight in the middle with the duels.
That's why we get him so he gets the right players.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
In a way a poll like this is inherently flawed because as we ve seen with Mou the backroom staff they do or do not have with him is probably almost as important. Having said that, and assuming the names bring some of their current or former staff with them my list in order of priority is this:

1. Allegri - will be my no. 1 wish for the foreseeable future. unfortunately however he ll probably stay at Juve until CR decides to leave. If you doubt why he would be good to the club...watch the Juve doc on Netflix and you might be persuaded too.

2. Zidane. Probably the only coach that would make Pep question his existence.

3. Pochettino. (but he ll need to bring Erikson and Kane with him)

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Paul Mitchell rumours gives me hope that we have a chance at Poch. Just seems to fit and I think Poch will like the challenge here

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I quite like Simeone, but I can't imagine why any United fan would want him when we've just ousted Mourinho for playing dour, defensive football. There's a bit more to Simeone than that of course, and he's certainly not perma-miserable like Jose, but if we want to be entertained again, and not play to nick wins and frustrate the opposition, then Simeone isn't the man to do that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We have to get Pochettinho, just think of how badly it would wind up all the Spurs fans on here :drool: realistically, as much as I want him it's a huge task to convince him to come here. I wouldn't be against Jardim, Howe or Silva either. I do think Pochettinho ticks every box and then some. I'd just like to make sure we get someone who's more trusting with younger players, we're going to have some great young players breaking through in the next few seasons, just need the right manager to give them their chance.

Devils11

Pochettino is too boring. Simeone is more of a character , full of animated passion and a proven winner !

Also good luck dealing with Levy over his manager...

izec

Poch wont be available i think. Jardim isnt that attacking, still could be too pragmatic.

I would like some exciting outsider, full attacking. Gallardo, Rose or Favre (who probably wont be available). Gallardo or Rose would leave me excited. Of course massive risk coming from River or Salzburg, but could pay off massively after initial learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.