[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's only had three games, and I was sceptical about his interim appointment, but I honestly don't want to lose Ole now.

Not only has he got us playing attacking football, but he's raised the spirit of the whole club and he's absolutely in love with the club.

It would be fantastic for everything to work out and for him to get the job. As I said, it is only three games, though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's only had three games, and I was sceptical about his interim appointment, but I honestly don't want to lose Ole now.

Not only has he got us playing attacking football, but he's raised the spirit of the whole club and he's absolutely in love with the club.

It would be fantastic for everything to work out and for him to get the job. As I said, it is only three games, though.
Three highly convincing games at that.

red thru&thru

I do my own research thanks.

We have already established that there is nothing to research on Rose beyond a league title triumph in Austria and an endearing brand of football. There are a great many managers across Europe who play attractive football and they do so in significantly stronger leagues (I cannot stress that point enough) not to mention winning trophies at the highest level of the game. I trust I don't need to name them all.

I'm not saying he would fail either, rather that the risk is too great given the precarious situation the club finds itself in at present. After 3 managerial failures and 5 years of relative obscurity, Woodward and the board absolutely must get the next appointment correct. There is no more room for failure and they will be entirely aware of that fact.
But you’re dismissing someone by saying you know nothing about him. So how can someone take your arguments about Rose with any credence?

red thru&thru

Three highly convincing games at that.
Better to see how he gets on with the bigger teams and when he has to deal with a loss?! Also, he got Cardiff relegated and won a league title in a nothing country. So he shouldn’t be in with a shout.

No one can deny Ole is doing a good job but the next 5 months will give us better insight.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not because of that. It's because Pochettino's style, despite being fairly entertaining, is not the pinnacle of attacking football it is made out to be. Sometimes, Spurs games are quite boring, even if they score a lot of goals. I'd argue Ole's style is more exciting, though admittedly the sample size of 3 games against fodder may not be enough to convince.
Although I disagree, that makes more sense.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
But you’re dismissing someone by saying you know nothing about him. So how can someone take your arguments about Rose with any credence?
You are continually missing the point, my friend ;)

In a nutshell, he just carries too much of a risk all things considered.

gr3yham3

I know the results and the romanticism may have skewed my view, but I feel that there is twinkle in Ole's eyes when he speaks that reminds me of SAF.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It doesn't matter who we appoint, there's no certainty. Our last two managers had won 3 European cups between them, but ultimately the football was shite. We need to appoint a coach who will have us playing on the front foot and bring excitement to our fans. Marco Rose fits that profile and has got RB Salzburg punching way above their weight.

I want United to play the way Rose sets his team up to play football. It's a very exciting way of playing football that will go down well with our fans.
I like Rose and Poch, and Ole should be there too. We better avoid big names just because they won somewhere else, it wont work here. I personally dont care if a manager has won big trophies: if his personality, manager style, understanding of football/United and of course his style of play is positive and successful, we should go for that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I know the results and the romanticism may have skewed my view, but I feel that there is twinkle in Ole's eyes when he speaks that reminds me of SAF.
I dont disagree but that will fade after this seasonand he needs to develop from that. Lets see if he can and if he gets the chance

Rolaholic

Why does anyone give a vote to Zidane?
He hasn't built one team, he quit the job when Ronaldo left.
Why would anyone want a manager that would quit at any time when he want's some time off? Does anyone actually believe that Zidane would be a perfect match for United?

I really would like to see how the team performs under Ole, and if we improve and continue to win games and score 2-4 goals each game he's my man!
Tbf to him,he left Real a few weeks before rumors of Ronaldo's unrest even began.

How a 3 time CL winner would be a popular pick amongst supporters isn't hard to see in my opinion,yes he's never had to really 'build' his own squad but his impeccable man management and approach in Europe made him the most successful Real manager in decades. It's a disservice to him to dismiss what he was able to accomplish because of where he was,it was unprecedented success and the same squad underachieved under Rafa and at the end of Ancelotti's tenure

Having the opportunity to really build a squad at United and get the most out of the talent we have would be an intriguing prospect in my eyes but I'd still have Poch or Ole ahead of him. Having him guiding the likes of Pogba and Martial during their physical primes is quite the juicy image though

RedDevil5

Ole's job to lose now, isn't it? If he keeps performing well we should keep him.

Devil81

Honestly, some of the stuff posted on this forum, Rose!

25 people voted Rose to start with, I bet the very same people blacklisted Solskjaer due to lack of experience yet Rose has two seasons in management in a league of little competition to his club side.

If you are willing to remove someone with the history and knowledge of the clubs philosophy for a totally unproven manager you're crazy.

wrinklydong

For the past 5 years I celebrated goals because we scored. But for the past 3 games I celebrated goals because the swagger and excitement is back. OGS gets Man Utd, he is a red, and regardless of the results this is his chance to show what he is capable of. OGS for the permanent manager!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
They are making a good point on NBC right now (I don’t say that often!) about Pochettino always being negative in his interviews and dismissing his team’s chances of winning anything. Would be nice to hear him say that they are going for it and have a great team. That mentality will never go down well here.

mav_9me

The focus has to be on style of play/ coaching ability etc. Don't worry about experience and trophies etc. If you are good enough you are old enough.

For example wining all 6 games in europa league against Lazio and RB Leipzig is definitely an impressive achievement despite that not worth a trophy.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Better to see how he gets on with the bigger teams and when he has to deal with a loss?! Also, he got Cardiff relegated and won a league title in a nothing country. So he shouldn’t be in with a shout.

No one can deny Ole is doing a good job but the next 5 months will give us better insight.
Compared to Poch who has won.....er, nothing?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Honestly, some of the stuff posted on this forum, Rose!

25 people voted Rose to start with, I bet the very same people blacklisted Solskjaer due to lack of experience yet Rose has two seasons in management in a league of little competition to his club side.

If you are willing to remove someone with the history and knowledge of the clubs philosophy for a totally unproven manager you're crazy.
I voted for Rose due to his footballing mantra. His teams play a exciting brand of football that would be a big hit amongst our fans. He's also not unproven, like many like to portray on here. He's punched way above his weight with lowly RB Salzburg against teams who have better quality and won the Uefa youth league too, against teams that were considered much superior. His brand of football is much more exciting than Poch's at Spurs IMO. And I also believe Rose will prove himself to be a better coach than Poch before long.

If Rose doesn't get the job, then i'm more than happy to see Solkjaer get it. I think the main reason why 25 people voted for Marco Rose, was due to the exciting attacking football he brings. We've given the job to proven winners and that has been a disaster. It's time we learn from our mistakes and bring in a coach who will play a brand of football that will befit the club of our stature. Rose plays a brand of football that is more suited to us than all the other candidates like Poch, Zidane, Blanc etc.

I hope we bring Rose in.. If not, then give it to Ole.

red thru&thru

Compared to Poch who has won.....er, nothing?
You clearly missed the rest of my conversation with the poster.

But yea, to me it’s not just about winning something. It’s having the man who matches our values as a club. But if yiu want a trophy winner, then I choose Marco Rose and Maric.

BlueHaze

I had never heard of this Marco Rose fella until now. Looking him up and going through his stats I'm not sure what makes him a candidate if this article is true.

Stratis

My heart is screaming for Solskjær to take the permanent role but my brain is telling me it’s too soon to make such a decision.

Idealistically I would want Solskjær to do well for the rest of the season and claim his place as the permanent manager. He loves the club and he would give us 20+ fully dedicated years in a best case scenario just like Sir Alex.

Reactions: SteveJ

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Allegri will be a step back towards the defensive shit of mourinho. No thanks
Allegri can play attacking football (See vs. Real last year) but overall he lets very balanced football play. You should watch some more Juve games to see that it's not even quite close to Mourinhos football.

I think it is too early to judge whether giving it to Ole now but regarding the bit in bold I understand what you're saying but I'm not confident we would have got the points had Jose still been here.
Definitly agree. Still Mourinho's team was under-performing like hell so just winning games with Huddersfield shouldn't be the benchmark. Mid-Feb - Beginning of March. Right now OGC just kept himself in the pool.

BlueHaze

Allegri can play attacking football (See vs. Real last year) but overall he lets very balanced football play. You should watch some more Juve games to see that it's not even quite close to Mourinhos football.

Definitly agree. Still Mourinho's team was under-performing like hell so just winning games with Huddersfield shouldn't be the benchmark. Mid-Feb - Beginning of March. Right now OGC just kept himself in the pool.
You are right, it's actually worse. They have 8 games so far this season where they have only scored 1 goal with an attack that is out of this world. Allegri would be even more daft than the hirings of LVG and Mourinho because it would be proof the board has literally learned nothing from their mistakes.

BlueHaze

I said from the beginning of this debate that Rose is too risky an appointment. What's so hard to understand?
He is. In what world does doing well in the Austrian Bundesliga equal being appointed as a Man Utd manager? He needs to prove a lot more before being offered the biggest job in the managerial world.

Red For Ever

This, although it all seems to good to be true, I hope it continues.

My heart says Ole, my head still needs convincing.

3 weeks ago, I would have thought it impossible anyone could change so much in such a short time.
But it is easy when things go well, its what happens when we get problems that matters the most.

How he deals with problems, will tell us everything

SerenityValley

The thing about OGS, is his understanding of what is going on, on the pitch. Fergie used to wax lyrical as to why Ole was such a good impact sub. He followed the game so well, that he could see where to exploit. Where things weren’t right.

The other day, in his presser, he referenced the goal we conceded and how he could see what the player was going to do, but his players lost concentration just for a moment.

While i wouldn’t give it to today, I hope he shows enough to get the job permanently. I feel like I’m watching Man Utd again, for the first time since that 5-5ndraw...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He is. In what world does doing well in the Austrian Bundesliga equal being appointed as a Man Utd manager? He needs to prove a lot more before being offered the biggest job in the managerial world.
But thats the point. We dont need a manager who won the CL, we need a mansger with the right philosophy. That why Ole is the first manager in 5 years to get itdone right.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
But thats the point. We dont need a manager who won the CL, we need a mansger with the right philosophy. That why Ole is the first manager in 5 years to get itdone right.
This is the thing that many are failing to grasp. After nearly 6 years of watching shit football, it seems some haven't learned anything.

BlueHaze

I agree with this 100% and I am one of the biggest advocates on this site of that idea. To me in regards to our next appointment, I couldn't care less which or how many titles the candidate has won we need to go for someone who has the tactics as well as the personaliy that suits the identity of this club. However that doesn't mean blindly going for anyone. They need to at least go for someone who has proven he can do a good job at the highest stage and that is where I dissagree with people who say Eddie Howe or this guy.

Neither of them have proved enough to take on a job of this magnitude whereas someone like Poch who hasn't won anything at least has proven he can do a decent job in the biggest league in the world with very small funds. He has also proven he can handle superstars like Kane well so not only does he have a personality and tactics that fits us but he has also proven himself worthy to take on a bigger challenge and that is the profile we need to go for. If we were to hire someone like Marco then why not just give it to Ole who already knows the club inside out?

Also this is just my personal opinion, I mean who knows maybe someone like Marco Rose would do wonders but I dare to say it is a fact it would be a big risk giving him the job so I would favor going for the likes of Poch, Zidane, and even Tuchel. Based on what I just have written you might think I am contradicting myself by mentioning Zidane but I would not want him based on only his CL triumphs but because he proved he could adapt to various scenarios and also seemed to be phenomenal in terms of man management. He would also contribute to attracting the absolute top players across the world in wanting to join us and would be highly respected by everyone.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I agree with this 100% and I am one of the biggest advocates on this site of that idea. To me in regards to our next appointment, I couldn't care less which or how many titles the candidate has won we need to go for someone who has the tactics as well as the personaliy that suits the identity of this club. However that doesn't mean blindly going for anyone. They need to at least go for someone who has proven he can do a good job at the highest stage and that is where I dissagree with people who say Eddie Howe or this guy.

Neither of them have proved enough to take on a job of this magnitude whereas someone like Poch who hasn't won anything at least has proven he can do a decent job in the biggest league in the world with very small funds. He has also proven he can handle superstars like Kane well so not only does he have a personality and tactics that fits us but he has also proven himself worthy to take on a bigger challenge and that is the profile we need to go for. If we were to hire someone like Marco then why not just give it to Ole who already knows the club inside out?

Also this is just my personal opinion, I mean who knows maybe someone like Marco Rose would do wonders but I dare to say it is a fact it would be a big risk giving him the job so I would favor going for the likes of Poch, Zidane, and even Tuchel. Based on what I just have written you might think I am contradicting myself by mentioning Zidane but I would not want him based on only his CL triumphs but because he proved he could adapt to various scenarios and also seemed to be phenomenal in terms of man management. He would also contribute to attracting the absolute top players across the world in wanting to join us and would be highly respected by everyone.
Do you still believe we have no chance of getting top 4?

BlueHaze

Do you still believe we have no chance of getting top 4?
I don't know what on earth that has to do with the post you quoted but no, I do not. And I am basing this on the fact that I find it very hard to believe Chelsea will collapse all of a sudden while we continously keep on winning. If we brought in Ole sooner then I would believe we could get it 100% but I am afraid with the 11 point gap in place when we did the change the damage was already done. They dithered around and waited too long to sack Mourinho and it will cost us top 4 but honestly I couldn't care less. If they get the next appointment right then we will get it easy providing none of our top players leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.