[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
We’re looking at Simeone according to some papers this morning. Can he even speak English? I’d rather Ole stayed.

Tiber

This thread could get interesting in an hour's time if this keeps up

Kapardin

Deservedly so. Ole has been tactically spot on, it's not just been "smile on your faces and attack" naive thingy. Proper big game management. The movement of our forwards has flummoxed Spurs in particular.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Anyone who bases their opinion off one game (in either direction) is a moron.

The time to judge Solskjaer properly is when our league and CL campaigns have actually played out.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
If they keep this up til the end of the season I can’t see why he won’t keep the job. My only issue is that is when it comes to rebuilding a team, replacing players, finding the right balance he lacks the experience at the top. He’s been given a great squad here (bar a few defensive/midfield holes) - so we’ll see how he does in the summer with transfers and integrating new players into his team if he gets the job.

Saying that, there’s talk of getting a DOF in, so if we get a great one we could go far over the next 5 years. We’ll see anyway. It could go either way under Ole is what I’m getting at

Scholsey2004

Changed from poch to ole. Everything's been spot on with him since he arrived. Not just results, he knows the club inside out and the way he wants us to play is right for this club. I thought we should have got poch when we got moyes and ever since but solskjaer just fits.

Scholsey2004

If they keep this up til the end of the season I can’t see why he won’t keep the job. My only issue is that is when it comes to rebuilding a team, replacing players, finding the right balance he lacks the experience at the top. He’s been given a great squad here (bar a few defensive/midfield holes) - so we’ll see how he does in the summer with transfers and integrating new players into his team if he gets the job.

Saying that, there’s talk of getting a DOF in, so if we get a great one we could go far over the next 5 years. We’ll see anyway. It could go either way under Ole is what I’m getting at
Well, we've failed playing the wrong way under three managers now. I'm willing to risk failing playing the right way under solskjaer. Also solskjaer actually knows the club and it's history. The last three haven't had a clue. There's no reason poch would be any different in that respect.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
As tempting as it is to change vote to Ole, I will wait till March. Please carry on like this, Ole!

Bojan11

Ole has done a great job so far. But still we need a few more months to judge. New manager bounce is working at the moment. I wanna see our reaction to a defeat etc.

midnightmare

Changed from Poch to Ole. Not put a foot wrong. Tactically flexible, great at managing the personnel and is United through and through. Being a legendary player for us doesn’t hurt and he’s just got it all on and off the pitch. Long may this run continue. Willing him on to get third (at least) now and a good CL run (win will do fine).

PaulRich

If OGS gets us into Europe via the PL and does well in the cups I'd say hes got more than a fair shout of a permanent gig. He would achieve God like status with me if he de-railed the scousers title challenge in February.

Tony247

Ole has done a great job so far. But still we need a few more months to judge. New manager bounce is working at the moment. I wanna see our reaction to a defeat etc.
Every great team, every great manager lose matches. If some people will jump the ship (change opinion) if we lose, or some people say 'i told you so' if we lose then that's their opinion.

I do not think losing couple of matches at this point matters. If we start losing consistently then whoever is the manager he deserves scrutiny.

Jericholyte2

I was really tempted to change to Ole, but the reactions at half-time have led me to stay with Poch.

Poch saw something was wrong and changed his system, that change me led Spurs to dominate the second half and, had Ali and Kane finished better / not come up against the brick wall that is DDG, we would surely have lost.

Ole saw this change and, whilst made changes himself, never really found an answer to it.

I’m still loving Ole though and if he continues the way he is I may end up changing my vote, but whilst the first half showed a great tactical awareness, the second was the first little dent in the armour.

midnightmare

I was really tempted to change to Ole, but the reactions at half-time have led me to stay with Poch.

Poch saw something was wrong and changed his system, that change me led Spurs to dominate the second half and, had Ali and Kane finished better / not come up against the brick wall that is DDG, we would surely have lost.

Ole saw this change and, whilst made changes himself, never really found an answer to it.

I’m still loving Ole though and if he continues the way he is I may end up changing my vote, but whilst the first half showed a great tactical awareness, the second was the first little dent in the armour.
To me, the second half was not an issue for the opening 15 minutes or so. Then we saw a pattern that can be traced back to even the Cardiff game. The team tired. It's visible game after game. The players start flagging after 60-65 minutes and that's when we start dropping deeper. This isn't down to Ole, but to Jose. Under Jose, we ran <100 km every single game. We were consistently towards the bottom of the league (18-20) in the yards covered throughout Jose's reign. The effect is that our players aren't used to playing at a high tempo for 90 minutes.

Spurs are not like that. Spurs and Pool both took ages under Poch and Klopp respectively to be able to sustain a high tempo for 90 minutes through a season (both continue to suggest they'll flag off towards March, though). For Ole, the issue is compounded by taking over this squad mid-season and having to change the style. Our players have just not played at this intensity at all under Jose. At best, we would log a roaring 30-40 minute spell after trailing on account of having been miserable for the opening 45.

The tactical awareness was on point, I feel and things went swimmingly till we ran out of steam. That was fitness-related and fitness takes ages to work on - not an easy fix. We could have been 2 or 3 up in the first 45 and under Ole, the plan seems to be to blitz early, score early and build a lead before the team starts tiring. I expect that to get fixed as fitness is purely about training and regimens. Once that too gets in and we're able to play 90 minutes this way, we should be even better. So for me, I'm on board the Ole train!

LoveFootball

Jardim is my choice but if we're not getting him than Ole should get the job. This legend is SAF reincarnated, it wasn't Moyes or Mourinho, the Real One is here already; but I'll wait end of season before being totally convinced that a SAF's copy is good enough for the job.

Mr Smith

I agree; I don't think the second half was quite so damaging to Ole's credential's as it was supportive for Poch's, but I agree we saw impressive things from both today. I do think we have to remember that we're working with a defence that needs reinforcing too.

What I will say is I'm delighted to see that we had a game plan that genuinely outwitted Spurs in the first half. The number one thing I need to see from Ole over the next 3-4 months for me to consider him capable of taking up the United job permanently is tactical sophistication; being able to implement a gameplan that outwits the opposition. I need to see a lot more before I seriously consider Ole a candidate for the job, but today was certainly a plus in his column.

rpg

If heart says Ole, head says Poch, sometimes going with heart is the right way.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Still firmly believe Pochettino should be first choice. If that doesn't come off, Ole. The rest don't interest me.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Still prefer Poch. Ole has certainly made me comfortable though.

Poch> Ole > Allegri >Zidane

Conveniently ignoring the young exciting options like Rose etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.