[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
In a way a poll like this is inherently flawed because as we ve seen with Mou the backroom staff they do or do not have with him is probably almost as important. Having said that, and assuming the names bring some of their current or former staff with them my list in order of priority is this:

1. Allegri - will be my no. 1 wish for the foreseeable future. unfortunately however he ll probably stay at Juve until CR decides to leave. If you doubt why he would be good to the club...watch the Juve doc on Netflix and you might be persuaded too.

2. Zidane. Probably the only coach that would make Pep question his existence.

3. Pochettino. (but he ll need to bring Erikson and Kane with him)
:drool: Would never happen though.

youngrell

I've gone with Pochettino, he seems to tick almost every box in what we need/are looking for.

Failing that, I would love to see Howe given he opportunity after all he has done for Bournemouth.

Zidane, despite his incredible CL feat with Real, just leaves me unsure for some reason.

Revan

Assumptionman
My order of preference would be:

1) Jardim
2) Zidane
3) Conte
4) Pochettino
5) Howe

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No votes for Quique Setien, quite surprised. Would be very left-field but the football would be great him and he would have the players on his side very quickly. No chance of it happening though. Marcelo Gallardo would another interesting choice too.

JG3001

I know the question is who do you you think “should” be, not “will” be, but I think people need to get Poch out of their head, as much as I’d want him here as well.

Is he really going to leave the set up he currently has with Spurs, and are we really going to fork out 40+ million to buy out his contract, and the rest for his terms? Just can’t see it

Crashoutcassius

We should post pen pics in the OP since there are some serious hipster names in there than have come 19th in serie b last season that nobody knows about

Mal donaghy

Its time for a Brucey Bonus !! Ladies and gentlemen i give you STEVIE BRUCE !!
For interim, see how he does.

Andersons Dietician

Ideal world start of next season Pochetinho is in charge. I thought this season would finally be the one where he has a proper struggle with the stadium cafuffle, no signings and a lot of his players going deep in the WC. Just felt like the bubble had to burst, however he has continued as he left off if not been more impressive under the circumstances. I’ve been really impressed with what he has done and he despite there fantastic pace has Liverpool and City in his sights.

Problem as most of the Spurs lads on here say, I can’t see it happening, which sounds crazy given Manchester United and Spurs historical standings but Spurs are on the up and he is a big part of that. Maybe if he had a trophy in the bag and they were already in the new stadium then possibly there would be a chance but I’d wager he is the top target and there is going to be a massive fight for him in the summer.

Might be time for SAF to go out for a lot of dinners in London over the next few months maybe move in with Poch.

Last edited:

L1nk

Diego Simeone is by a mile the best candidate if he wants the job then it should be his. But whoever get's the job they are going to need a lot of money to vastly rebuild the squad.
Aren't you completely sick of this awful brand of football by now, you want more?

Crashoutcassius

I know the question is who do you you think “should” be, not “will” be, but I think people need to get Poch out of their head, as much as I’d want him here as well.

Is he really going to leave the set up he currently has with Spurs, and are we really going to fork out 40+ million to buy out his contract, and the rest for his terms? Just can’t see it
he doesn't seem to be able to win anything at spurs, maybe the idea of having a club big enough to actually win somerhing would sway him.

as for the money, this is the first managerial appointment i ever remember where the fee was even mentioned

Kapardin

I know Poch has made few signings while he's been with Spurs, but can someone tell me what is his hit rate like in the market over his career?

TrueRed79

Move heaven and earth for Poch. Think we have gone through everything that most fans have wanted(except Moyes)so it would seem the next manger has to be young, progressive and willing to work under a DOF. I wouldn't even consider hiring Poch a risk at this stage. He's proven himself in so many ways already. If we can get the structures in place and make the right signings, i would have a lot more faith that he would succeed than let's say Zidane for example. Let's see if our owners actually want success. If they do, they would make Poch their no.1 target and pay Spurs whatever it takes.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I voted or Erik ten Hag, simply because I would perish from a laughing fit if you actually signed him.

Football is such a silly fecking business. Ajax get 2 points against Bayern and Ten Hag is suddenly put in lists of potential Mourinho replacements. Get a grip humanity :lol:

RedDevil5

Poch, Allegri, Erik ten Hag, and Jardim are my top four, in that order.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Diego Simeone is by a mile the best candidate if he wants the job then it should be his. But whoever get's the job they are going to need a lot of money to vastly rebuild the squad.
Anybody wanting Simeone after Mourinho wants their head read. Another defense first

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Poch and Tuchel would be my top two. Zidane would obviously also be a good choice given our french speaking contingent (as well as those he might lure here).

RooneyLegend

By summer, Jardim will know who’s good enough to stay and who needs to be bought. Campos will know the names of the best deals out there to get them in, in accordance with Jardim.
This honestly sounds like a great idea. If they could build anything that resembles the Monaco league winning side, it would be well worth it.

Dazzmondo

I know Poch has made few signings while he's been with Spurs, but can someone tell me what is his hit rate like in the market over his career?
Pretty good. Every signing he's made:

2014-15: Davies, Vorm, Dier, Yedlin, Fazio, Stambouli, Alli
2015-16: Wimmer, Trippier, Alderweireld, N'jie, Son, Tracey
2016-17: Wanyama, Janssen, Velasco, N'Koudou, Sissoko, Tainio
2017-18: Sanchez, Gazzaniga, Foyth, Aurier, Llorente, Lucas

Obviously some of these were youth and backup signings. Davies, Dier, Alli, Trippier, Alderweireld, Son, Wanyama, Sanchez, and Lucas all proved to be good signings. Most of the flops were cheap too.

Stadjer

I voted or Erik ten Hag, simply because I would perish from a laughing fit if you actually signed him.

Football is such a silly fecking business. Ajax get 2 points against Bayern and Ten Hag is suddenly put in lists of potential Mourinho replacements. Get a grip humanity :lol:
He is actually in the list :lol:

RedDevil@84

The only way Poch will come here from Spurs is if Levy says no money for this summer as well and we have to sell players because our stadium has completely gone out of budget
Or some outright nonsense like that

Status
Not open for further replies.