[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stepic

Jardim is very close to Poch for me. plus he would be far easier to get. if we can't lure Poch, Jardim would still be a very exciting prospect, and will play 'the right way'. those two are far ahead of ZZ for me.

southgate :lol: feck me

roseguy64

Voted Zidane even though I wouldn't mind Pochettino. Was against Zidane coming in mid-season but since the new manager will get a full season I'm for him now. Also, I want someone who's used to the pressure that comes with it. Moyes couldn't handle it. LVG and Mourinho could but they couldn't get the team playing enough attacking football.

Would also rank Allegri above Poch. I like what he's done at Spurs but he's failed to win a trophy so could be risky. But those are my top 3 choices.

Crashoutcassius

I'd be very disappointed with Jardim that got sacked with monaco at the foot of a rubbish league vs someone like howe who has earned it.

If we can't get Poch which seems likely, Howe paired with some dof that can work with him would be a great project to build over time

That's not very accurate. If these four teams (you forgot Bayern Munich) replace their manager on average every 2.5 years (say), that means 16 vacancies over the next decade. Pochettino is only 46 years old. He has plenty of time and will be able to pick and choose at his leisure.
How many ex PL managers have they hired? You also miss the point that actually very few managers stay near the top level for long. Who would have predicted 5 years ago that Jose will likely struggle to now get a top job. 5 years, let alone a decade is a very long period in football - the likelihood is that Poch will be struggling to get a top job in 10 years time - especially if he doesn't move and actual go and win something.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That's not very accurate. If these four teams (you forgot Bayern Munich) replace their manager on average every 2.5 years (say), that means 16 vacancies over the next decade. Pochettino is only 46 years old. He has plenty of time and will be able to pick and choose at his leisure.
How exactly did you get the 16 vacancies figure?

zenith

At this point of time, I'm not even too fussed about consistency and trophies. I just wanna enjoy watching this great club again and for that if they appoint a manager with an attacking mindset and hand him our current attacking options, how awesome will that be

R'hllor

Slaven Bilić for me.
Not now man, things are crazy outside, let them take someone else. We can drum for people from Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia etc. to join United later when there is better condition for it.

We preset reset button once again and tbh i dont know who, think there is difference between what fans think who is best option and best option for squad we have right now. We cant extend contracts to Afro and Smalling and then get some Pep light tiki taka lunatic for a manager ( yes i understand players can be moved on but we arent good at that so yea).

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I have a very odd outside the box feeling about the DOF job. Steve Bruce is a cracking age for that and knows the club inside out. I'm expecting to get flamed but this isn't a WUM attempt.

Patrick08

He should've won a trophy by now with Spurs but its only a matter of time.

As a club we need someone to build football side of the things so we can compete in the long run, both van Gaal and Mourinho won trophies and where has it lead us? We should try everything to get him signed, if it fails then go for Zidane.
Without having the players to play pochh football how can pochh coach the players something they cant do? Zindane seems more appropriate for these set of players.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd want Eddie Howe. What we need is a young, hungry manager who has the confidence to implement his style of play without overtly worrying about the opposition. He lacks experience at this level, but let's face it, unless you've managed Real or Barca, nothing is gonna prepare you for this job. And as we saw with our previous 2 appointments, even having managed giant clubs before is no guarantee of success here.

We've had enough of short-termism and we need a manager who along with a DoF is gonna plan for 2-3 years in advance, like SAF used to do, like City and Liverpool have done in the last few years.

Ban

Not now man, things are crazy outside, let them take someone else. We can drum for people from Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia etc. to join United later when there is better condition for it.

We preset reset button once again and tbh i dont know who, think there is difference between what fans think who is best option and best option for squad we have right now. We cant extend contracts to Afro and Smalling and then get some Pep light tiki taka lunatic for a manager ( yes i understand players can be moved on but we arent good at that so yea).
I just want a Croatian at the club finally. :lol:

L1nk

There could be more of a case for Thomas Tuchel than alot of people think. PSG only gave him a 2 year contract, he'll only have a year left at the end of this season, if he doesn't do so well in the CL I wonder what PSG will do, his excellent football is undenieable, but with previous flirting from PSG I wonder if they make take a pop on Mourinho at the end of the season, it will be an interesting situation to keep an eye on at the end of the season, because if they don't give him a new contract we might be able to get him. In fact he'd probably be easier than Pochettino to get

Smores

People are seriously suggesting eddie howe, what a time to be alive

Bojan11

My choices would be

Potch - obvious favourite but hard to attain

Zidane - very good man manager but can he build a team is the question mark against him

Jardim - did a good job at Monaco in his few seasons. Works well with young players.

Favre - currently doing a great job at Dortmund. Let’s see how well they do until the end of the season

Allegri - rumoured to leave at the end of the season. Not sure about his attacking philosophy.

Tuchel - another good manager. But apparently has some personality issues.

Danny Roberts

Diego Simeone is by a mile the best candidate if he wants the job then it should be his. But whoever get's the job they are going to need a lot of money to vastly rebuild the squad.
Simeone doesn't play the right football and also has signed a lot of players who wouldn't necessarily get work permits in England.

Patrick08

Mourinho won many trophies, and we saw how that turned out. Does not mean Poch will not fit in at United or be successful here.
When it comes to winning, you have to be knowing the dirty tricks as well when it matters, pochh has always lacked that one final trick at the end in big games.

svn

Blocked at work. Can you type text?
Mauricio Pochettino: "There are a lot of rumours about my position as manager at Tottenham. I cannot answer this type of question...The business you know very well, a lot of rumours happen. I’m so focused in trying to deliver my best in this football club." #ManUtd

diarm

What matters is the DoF. The next manager is going to have to do a lot of rebuilding according to the blueprint laid down, so he has to be on the same hymn sheet as the DoF. Managers are basically decorators, not builders, and we have a house that needs renovating. The first two seasons, we shouldn't expect to win anything much.
This is a good analogy and sums up the way I feel about the whole thing very well.

FutbolFan

Supports
Chelsea
Howe - A manager with balls to play attacking football and trust in youth. But the thing that would concern me is that he does not throw lot of tactical surprises. Bournemouth have a solid attacking platform but I fear at Man Utd he may be predictable in the way he would setup his teams.

Allegri would 100% be an awesome choice so hope Utd stays away.

Poch- Superb manager. Knows how to handle top teams and his teams are supremely consistent. Amazing choice. Small concern there is can he recruit smartly? He has been smart with giving opportunities to youngsters and grooming them into stars but not necessarily at buying players. I know about their budget restrictions etc though. Solid choice.

Zidane - Very underrated here. Will inspire Utd and may push them to bigger glories. Bit of a risk but this man has Utd written all over him. I think though Utd may stay away from hiring such a big personality immediately again.

Donut

The poll should exclude Pochetino. He's basically everyone's top choice, and those who aren't voting for him aren't because they know he's unattainable.

Strachans Cigar

I’d be more convinced with the suggestion of Zidane if he had Ancelotti working with/above him.

Status
Not open for further replies.