[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Stam was just signed to Feyenoord to replace van Bronckhorst for next season.
In 4 years in Rotterdam he won once the dutch championship (after 18 years) and twice the cup and supercup each.

Although former Arsenal player but he might become a new competitor for OGS next season.

TRUERED89

Zidane’s stock has risen again tonight, you’d have to say.
To be fair, Madrid were without Ramos & Marcelo two key players in their back 4, the Ronaldo fear factor is gone, Bale is a walking coma and struggles to hit any heights these days, Benzema isn't good enough now, Kroos & Modric look like they're losing their legs too. I think Zidane would be in some shite if he was still there.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Stam was just signed to Feyenoord to replace van Bronckhorst for next season.
In 4 years in Rotterdam he won once the dutch championship (after 18 years) and twice the cup and supercup each.

Although former Arsenal player but he might become a new competitor for OGS next season.
Nah, I don't see it. Those achievements don't really scream "potential Manchester United boss" to me.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
Nah, I don't see it. Those achievements don't really scream "potential Manchester United boss" to me.
Ole's vita also didn't really scream for the job.
Potentially I see Chelsea, Bayern, Real and maybe Arsenal looking for a new coach/manager besides Utd. . So competition is huge with only few big names available.

Overall I give van B. also not that many chances to get the Utd. job but he should be in the roulette tough. Can see him maybe at Tottenham if Real/Utd. would sign Pochettino.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So...those of you who still doubt Ole speak to me. Tell me how. Tell me why.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Right, close this thread... It's clear who'll be the next manager.

Dave89

First time ever on here I haven't voted for Eboue. I am that keen.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's the worst kept secret in football at this point.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
I've changed my vote from Zidane to Ole. I think it's not unreasonable to say he's the most natural choice now.

crackers0seven

Three months ago I couldn't wait for season to end. No I don't want it to end. Playing great stuff. On great run. In with shout of top 4 , still in CL and Fa cup. More of the same next season,ole in please :devil: this is what following a team is about,ENJOYMENT .

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Three months ago I couldn't wait for season to end. No I don't want it to end. Playing great stuff. On great run. In with shout of top 4 , still in CL and Fa cup. More of the same next season,ole in please :devil: this is what following a team is about,ENJOYMENT .
It's because you've got your club back.

Halftrack

I'm interested in hearing Amadaeus' reasoning for still being skeptical of Ole and preferring Poch.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Ive changed my vote from Zidane to Ole. This was THE test, and he smashed it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
@Niall do this again now, and humour Poch at this point- or close the thread.

Just Ole and Poch now.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Don't close the thread till the end of season. Do not change anything. I repeat, do not change anything (apart from the votes).

dave1956

I think for sum on this thread and others the ultimate test is if he can he walk on water. My response is "Yes he can"

L1nk

I'll be honest, I was skeptical, and not because I don't love Ole, because I do, but I did think Pochettino was the best choice. After tonight though, Ole has to have it, he has to, I don't think any of the fans would be happy with any other outcome at this point anyway and I'm absolutely loving it

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Poch who?? Poch what??

Ole deserves the job already. Period. He has delivered. All the signs are there. Even a miracle (no, TWO miracles, a UCL miracle and a PL Top4 miracle). Athena has spoken.

Please Floren, just sign Poch asap so the already pointless debate is finished.

Last edited:

manunited1919

Are there really 799 MUFC fans in red cafe who still want Poch as manager?
Or are we seeing 799 opposing team fans that are giving their vote to Poch to take the piss?

Paul_Scholes18

So...those of you who still doubt Ole speak to me. Tell me how. Tell me why.
I guess he hasn't won anything with us yet. Other managers got bigger experience too and have won more. Also there is doubt about Ole in the market and if he know which players to get.

He deserves to stay though and hopefully we can win something this season already. Hopefully he can get help in terms of scouting good players too.

dannofdawn

I don't think anyone wants to take over from Ole after today. It seems like there's only one kind of manager can make this club work. If you don't buy into what "Defines" the club, you're not getting the best of the club. Many have tried, only a few succeeded. Who else could do it? Ole has to be the only one right now.

Red Stone

Poch currently at 57.4%, 1005 votes.

Ole currently at 1.3%, 23 votes.

Just putting this down for tracking purposes :D
This was posted on December 23rd. The turnaround has been remarkable considering Ole wasn't even added to the poll until the thread was 20 pages long. I'd bet most of the votes for Poch are from people who voted before Ole had even managed a game for us and haven't bothered to (or even realized that they can) change their vote.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think tonight sealed it for him. Between the players singing his name in the dressing room and Lukaku outright stating that he should have the job, it's clear the team wants him to continue. Replacing him with someone else would be an insanely unpopular move.

AndyJ1985

It's not even worth asking anymore, there is only one answer.

To get Poch we'd waste months negotiating with that prick Levi, only to end up paying a fortune to buy out his contract, and frankly from what I've seen in the last 2+ months I'd still choose Ole even if Poch was available for free. He's United through and through, he's lifted the mood tenfold, players past and present can't smile wide enough. Getting rid of him for another manager at this point would damage all of that.

el3mel

Getting another manager now will be absolute disaster. No one will ever top what Ole did in these few months.

Give him the contract and whatever he wants in summer. He's our boss!!

Status
Not open for further replies.