Portuguese Football 2018/19

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I know that it has been discussed here in Portugal more or less the qualities related to the 99 generation, Felix, Leão or Dalot for example, but one player who I really have been impressed recently is Florentino.

@SportingCP96 I watched on Friday our under 19’s vs Benfica we are miles behind them, honestly the club needs a complete rebuild mode and investment on the Academy, this was the major problem under BDC presidency.

I am not a fan of Varandas but I hope he has a idea to implement there, even Porto is working better than us.

Don’t know if you have Sporting Tv but better not watch it, even worse Manuel Fernandes as a commentator. :lol:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I know that it has been discussed here in Portugal more or less the qualities related to the 99 generation, Felix, Leão or Dalot for example, but one player who I really have been impressed recently is Florentino.

@SportingCP96 I watched on Friday our under 19’s vs Benfica we are miles behind them, honestly the club needs a complete rebuild mode and investment on the Academy, this was the major problem under BDC presidency.

I am not a fan of Varandas but I hope he has a idea to implement there, even Porto is working better than us.

Don’t know if you have Sporting Tv but better not watch it, even worse Manuel Fernandes as a commentator. :lol:
I saw we lost 4-1...just horrible. Now news that Felix Correia might not renew his contract.. we already lost Tiago Djalo who I had good hopes for and now seems Correia too..

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
After a few weeks away I'm back. Did I missed some major issue?

About the topic: i pretty much agree with you fellow Sporting fans. A few years ago youth NT's were dominated by Sporting academy players. nowadays, mainly due to BDC budget contention on youth levels, Sporting academies are a few steps bellow Porto and Benfica.

But bare in mind you guys still have a very good academy.

Félix Correia is a very interesting player for the future, same can be said about Rodrigo Fernandes.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Big win for us, should be able to finish third now.

Luiz Phellype has turned out to be a very good surprise.

SportingCP96

Supports

5 goals in 4 games and he cost under 1 million. Looks like he could be a great squad option.

Bas dost needs to be sold in the summer now.

Doumbia looks like a player too keep an eye on as well.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Finishing third means direct qualification to the Europa League group stage I guess?

SportingCP96

Supports
Finishing third means direct qualification to the Europa League group stage I guess?
No I think its playoffs. Could be wrong.

EDIT: It is direct qualification.

Last edited:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
No I think its playoffs. Could be wrong.

EDIT: It is direct qualification.
Thanks. If you have the chance try to watch games from our under 17’s or 15’s. Night and day difference to the under 19’s.

If you watch our match today on Sporting Tv vs Porto we have much more talent on those teams.

Hopefully we get rid of crap managers like Lima and try to keep the most talented.

Anyway we cannot only rely on youth football to improve, reason why at least is important to keep the third place.

SportingCP96

Supports
Thanks. If you have the chance try to watch games from our under 17’s or 15’s. Night and day difference to the under 19’s.

If you watch our match today on Sporting Tv vs Porto we have much more talent on those teams.

Hopefully we get rid of crap managers like Lima and try to keep the most talented.

Anyway we cannot only rely on youth football to improve, reason why at least is important to keep the third place.
Also the scouting system when signing players. To be honest it seems that we may have done some good business in January.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yup. Was trying to post here a link to a Joao Couto interview but can’t do it with the IPhone. Great interview to read there on Tribuna Expresso @SportingCP96 .

SportingCP96

Supports

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I liked the part where he mentioned that when it comes to the youth system winning is not always important but rather the players expressing themselves and developing.

Also the bit about Fabio Paim.
He certainly knows what he talks, a lot of fans think winning the under 15’s or 17’s are the most important thing but it’s wrong. What matters is the first team.

SportingCP96

Supports
He certainly knows what he talks, a lot of fans think winning the under 15’s or 17’s are the most important thing but it’s wrong. What matters is the first team.
I agree prepping them for the first team letting them express themselves and horn there skills are most important.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

I like him as aplayer. He made a very good season last year and was surprised that no Primeira Liga club went for him.

He's a very useful squad player and I think he can work well in a 2 forwards system aswell.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not going to waste my time mentioning the trash Marítimo or Petit, but I am going to repeat again. From the recent wave of new players coming in if I can make a prediction who will make it at the top level is Florentino.

Ahead of Felix, Leão, Dalot, Vinagre or Gedson. Let’s see next season who is right.

I don’t take playing against these pathetic teams as competition, lets see if Braga can push them next week.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not going to waste my time mentioning the trash Marítimo or Petit, but I am going to repeat again. From the recent wave of new players coming in if I can make a prediction who will make it at the top level is Florentino.

Ahead of Felix, Leão, Dalot, Vinagre or Gedson. Let’s see next season who is right.

I don’t take playing against these pathetic teams as competition, lets see if Braga can push them next week.
Hope you guys don't waste Félix Correia or Rodrigo Fernandes. They have some raw talent in them.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Why not? Because there's no B team? They still have age to play 1 more year at Juniores level.
More related with their contracts, don’t know if they are on their last year or if they are going to renew.

Anyway I think there is more talent on the under 17’s or 15’s for the future.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Didn’t watched the game but I guess Porto lost the league in 5 minutes today.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Vitória... Bunch of clowns. Should have had half the team sent off for that circus.

Portuguese football never ceases to amaze me.

SportingCP96

Supports
I don't like scoring that way. Should have been disallowed.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
For what? A foul 1 full minute before the goal, before we had possession, they got possession back, we get possession again and score?

They were complaining for a penalty...

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
We’re playing better. Of course another President complaining about the referee on the post match reaction. I wonder why they never do this at Benfica or Porto stadium. Feck off, we should have won by 4 or 5.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah expect the fans from Porto or Benfica to think like you, we deserved to win by more
I agree it was a good game overall we hit the post 4x and had plenty of other chances. It was not with that goal that we won the game.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I agree it was a good game overall we hit the post 4x and had plenty of other chances. It was not with that goal that we won the game.
Most laughable thing is reading some Porto fans complaining about that decision while during this season they didn’t had a fecking red card and received much less yellow cards.

Fed up with any shitty President who goes into our Stadium they go to press conferences complaining but when they are Robbed by Benfica or Porto they don’t open the mouth.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
After a decade of disappointment, finally european futsal champions. Football league title aside, this is the biggest trophy the club would have chosen to win.

João Matos, Cary, Deo and Nuno Matos deserved it as much as anyone after so long at the club. Merlim, Cavinato and Guitta are pure class. Erick was my MOTM.

There's nothing quite like holding a 1 goal lead in the final seconds of a huge game in this sport. Every tackle feels like a goal.

Eila

Can Braga do it? Of course not, but let's watch, anyway.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
After a decade of disappointment, finally european futsal champions. Football league title aside, this is the biggest trophy the club would have chosen to win.

João Matos, Cary, Deo and Nuno Matos deserved it as much as anyone after so long at the club. Merlim, Cavinato and Guitta are pure class. Erick was my MOTM.

There's nothing quite like holding a 1 goal lead in the final seconds of a huge game in this sport. Every tackle feels like a goal.
If you can try to post some video here, not at home and don’t know if I will have the time to watch it. Finally, even if I have to say this days don’t follow our futsal team as they deserve.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
If you can try to post some video here, not at home and don’t know if I will have the time to watch it. Finally, even if I have to say this days don’t follow our futsal team as they deserve.
The game was live on youtube. If you search UEFA's channel they'll have the highlights there in a few hours.

Insane run too with the draw at Benfica to make it through in the group stages, Inter in the semis who are arguably the best team ever and then Kairat at their home in the final. Deserved win, it had been a long time coming and the work that's been done for our futsal has been incredible in the past decade. It's a shame you can't say the same for the football side of things.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Braga not bending over backwards. They've been the better team so far.

1-0 after a penalty. Wtf :lol:

If they win this I won't talk shit about Braga ever again.