Portuguese Football 2018/19

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Ivo Vieira made a very solid season. I know Moreirense football style is not eye catching, but his job has been solid and impressive if you bare in mind the lack of talent he has at his disposal.
He had already shown good credentials at lower resources clubs. Clearly a career ascending.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Going to Jamor tomorrow :drool: There isn't a better game to go to in portuguese football than the cup final.

As for the Nations League and Santos, it's true he did the miracle of losing a title race to a roundabout but that was a long time ago. He won the Euros so he can do whatever the feck he wants. People can disagree with his decisions and he's far from being perfect but he has nothing but eternal gratitude from me.

Ricardo Pereira knocked us out of the World Cup in that Uruguay game, he can't play rightback in these games that will be decided on slight mistakes. Semedo and Cancelo had good seasons, it was a tough decision but he made the right one. Cancelo should play left back and Semedo right back btw. Playing Guerreiro or Mário Rui is suicide especially with the weakest CB partnership I remember us ever having.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Going to Jamor tomorrow :drool: There isn't a better game to go to in portuguese football than the cup final.

As for the Nations League and Santos, it's true he did the miracle of losing a title race to a roundabout but that was a long time ago. He won the Euros so he can do whatever the feck he wants. People can disagree with his decisions and he's far from being perfect but he has nothing but eternal gratitude from me.

Ricardo Pereira knocked us out of the World Cup in that Uruguay game, he can't play rightback in these games that will be decided on slight mistakes. Semedo and Cancelo had good seasons, it was a tough decision but he made the right one. Cancelo should play left back and Semedo right back btw. Playing Guerreiro or Mário Rui is suicide especially with the weakest CB partnership I remember us ever having.
Ricardo had a better season than Semedo. Absolutely. Good luck for Jamor I received invitation to go but unfortunately I am stuck with things to do. Not even time to enjoy beach tomorrow.

Anyway regarding Santos there is a Ocean separating us. He doesn’t know how he won. And the next games will confirm that. Quote me. :D

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Ricardo had a better season than Semedo. Absolutely. Good luck for Jamor I received invitation to go but unfortunately I am stuck with things to do. Not even time to enjoy beach tomorrow.

Anyway regarding Santos there is a Ocean separating us. He doesn’t know how he won. And the next games will confirm that. Quote me. :D
I think Ricardo played a lot of games as a right midfielder rather than fullback and that's not what he would be doing for the Nations League. He trusted him for the World Cup and it backfired.

And I'm aware we didn't win it due to Santos being great. I don't think he's a good manager. He lost a title race to a roundabout with a very good Porto team. He can do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned though. After the Euros I don't care if I go the rest of my life without watching Portugal win anything, they've given me enough happiness already.

If we're going to win the Nations League, we're going to shithouse our way to it with a couple of undeserved draws and 2 penalty shootouts or something along those lines. I'd still rather have Santos on the touchline than any other manager. Just like I'd rather watch Quaresma/Nani in there instead of Rafa/Guedes or Eder instead of Dyego Sousa.

Winning the Nations League with Pepe/Ruben Dias/Fonte as CB options would be another miracle btw so don't underestimate what Santos has been doing.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I am already nervous. After last season and the summer and controversy we had around this time it would be beautiful to win the cup and end the season with 2 trophies.

VAMOS SPORTING!

SportingCP96

Supports
@Peyroteo I envy you for being at Jamor today but have a great time!

As for the other Sporting posters @Sly @SCP and any other I might have missed I hope we today is our day and we end the season and this decade with a Title!

ATE AO FIM!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think Ricardo played a lot of games as a right midfielder rather than fullback and that's not what he would be doing for the Nations League. He trusted him for the World Cup and it backfired.

And I'm aware we didn't win it due to Santos being great. I don't think he's a good manager. He lost a title race to a roundabout with a very good Porto team. He can do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned though. After the Euros I don't care if I go the rest of my life without watching Portugal win anything, they've given me enough happiness already.

If we're going to win the Nations League, we're going to shithouse our way to it with a couple of undeserved draws and 2 penalty shootouts or something along those lines. I'd still rather have Santos on the touchline than any other manager. Just like I'd rather watch Quaresma/Nani in there instead of Rafa/Guedes or Eder instead of Dyego Sousa.

Winning the Nations League with Pepe/Ruben Dias/Fonte as CB options would be another miracle btw so don't underestimate what Santos has been doing.
Ricardo played more games as a fullback. And he defends better than Cancelo or Semedo. If everyone who didn’t performed on the last WC was a reason for not being selected, well... many more would be left out.

@SportingCP96 Relax, I don’t know what will happen today but I am relatively optimistic we will have a better squad next season. Even selling BF.

SportingCP96

Supports
Ricardo played more games as a fullback. And he defends better than Cancelo or Semedo. If everyone who didn’t performed on the last WC was a reason for not being selected, well... many more would be left out.

@SportingCP96 Relax, I don’t know what will happen today but I am relatively optimistic we will have a better squad next season. Even selling BF.
I never said anything about that :houllier::lol: Either way lets hope for the best today! This win will do more to us then it would for Porto.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Well once again BF. Let’s see what happens on the second half.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Shit game so far. Both teams with very little quality but well it's a cup final and the graças isn't helping.

SportingCP96

Supports
Honestly surprised we even tied it. Porto were a bit better First half.

mu4c_20le

Tuned into the second half to check out Fernandes but not sure if he even touched the ball, its been all Porto

SportingCP96

Supports
I said it before and I’ll say it again. Win or lose I KNOW Keizer will stay next season because he has done enough to do so...BUT if you think he won’t get sacked by November then you need to get checked. Tactical MasterClass by SC Sporting must have done a sacrifice before the game because I have no idea how they are tied. Porto smell blood.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Jesus Conceição must have a dreadful feeling playing Cup Finals or Semifinals against us. The man is cursed.

SportingCP96

Supports
Jesus Conceição must have a dreadful feeling playing Cup Finals or Semifinals against us. The man is cursed.
Disgusting attitude by him in both finals vs us. Sore sore loser with no respect.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Obrigado Conceição! Legend. Watching him cry gives me so much happiness. Conceição no Jamor já é tradição...

We were crap tonight though. The heat didn't help and they're very physical which ended up being the difference. Mathieu, best player on the pitch. Him, Renan, Acuña and Bruno are legends for tonight. Luiz Phellype, Raphinha and Coates with huge balls in those penalties too. We need to create a penalty-only tournament, at this point I'm pretty sure we're unbeatable.

I saw the Herrera handball for the 1-0 from the stands... they can't see it with VAR?? Ref gave us nothing after we went 2-1 up. It was ridiculous, they put pressure on the ref like no other team and it payed off.

Insane day though, truly an amazing feeling. I cried during the celebrations and was completely devastated when the 2-2 went in. There's nothing in football like going to Jamor, the atmosphere surrounding the stadium for hours is incredible and the fans of both teams should be proud. It really is a party for football.

Very good season for us at the end of the day, especially after everything that happened. Now let's build on it with a good summer that sees us get closer to challenging for the title because it's obvious the squad isn't good enough and with Bruno Fernandes leaving it is going to get even harder.

Vamos Sporting caralhoooo! :D After days like these I'm pretty sure I won't actually be able to take it when one day we win the league again.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Disgusting attitude by him in both finals vs us. Sore sore loser with no respect.
Lost the chance to go to Jamor spending a hot day drinking Sagres, stuck with things to do. Anyway Conceição always been like that, probably pissed by losing always on penalties. :lol:

Phil

Great to see another SCP cup win!

What makes Jamor so good a place for a game?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

For me the tradition, and better with a group of friends. Of course don’t have the same comfort as modern stadiums but who cares.

SportingCP96

Supports
Obrigado Conceição! Legend. Watching him cry gives me so much happiness. Conceição no Jamor já é tradição...

We were crap tonight though. The heat didn't help and they're very physical which ended up being the difference. Mathieu, best player on the pitch. Him, Renan, Acuña and Bruno are legends for tonight. Luiz Phellype, Raphinha and Coates with huge balls in those penalties too. We need to create a penalty-only tournament, at this point I'm pretty sure we're unbeatable.

I saw the Herrera handball for the 1-0 from the stands... they can't see it with VAR?? Ref gave us nothing after we went 2-1 up. It was ridiculous, they put pressure on the ref like no other team and it payed off.

Insane day though, truly an amazing feeling. I cried during the celebrations and was completely devastated when the 2-2 went in. There's nothing in football like going to Jamor, the atmosphere surrounding the stadium for hours is incredible and the fans of both teams should be proud. It really is a party for football.

Very good season for us at the end of the day, especially after everything that happened. Now let's build on it with a good summer that sees us get closer to challenging for the title because it's obvious the squad isn't good enough and with Bruno Fernandes leaving it is going to get even harder.

Vamos Sporting caralhoooo! :D After days like these I'm pretty sure I won't actually be able to take it when one day we win the league again.
I would cry so much and I know it. Years of suffering would make it overwhelming for me! Especially if we won it in a dramatic way.

SportingCP96

Supports

It’s just the most beautiful stadium in Portugal in my opinion. The way it captures the magic of the Cup final with the atmosphere is beautiful! It’s gorgeous and I wish our NT played over there.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I said it before and I’ll say it again. Win or lose I KNOW Keizer will stay next season because he has done enough to do so...BUT if you think he won’t get sacked by November then you need to get checked. Tactical MasterClass by SC Sporting must have done a sacrifice before the game because I have no idea how they are tied. Porto smell blood.
It’s easy to explain, they have better individual players, the only way you can compete with them at this moment is like this.

If he played very open that difference would be shown on the final score. The only thing I know is that on a few months with worse players won more than that millionaire fraud from Reboleira.

And that’s what matters in the end.

Phil

Nice. Must get a nice tan watching the cup final there too.

SportingCP96

Supports
It’s easy to explain, they have better individual players, the only way you can compete with them at this moment is like this.

If he played very open that difference would be shown on the final score. The only thing I know is that on a few months with worse players won more than that millionaire fraud from Reboleira.

And that’s what matters in the end.
I understand that. 2 trophies in a few months is fantastic but I have no doubt who the better coach is though I agree he was overpaid. Both cup wins were very lucky not that I am complaining though.

Either way I am just going to enjoy this win it was an emotional one after everything that happened and I hope it could maybe be the start of something good....only time will tell.