Portuguese Football 2018/19

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Completely forgot this game was on, 0-0 which seems the norm in the games between the big 3.

Since when do the Clasicos in Portugal start at half 3?!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Completely forgot this game was on, 0-0 which seems the norm in the games between the big 3.

Since when do the Clasicos in Portugal start at half 3?!
Went to the stadium. Can’t remember the last time we played against Porto or Benfica at this hour. Televised games changed this. 25 years ago still was common to watch games during the day and the stadiums had more people watching.

Regarding the rest another awful classic or derby, quite the norm on the last years.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Dreadful game no ambition from Sporting to win and credit to Porto they came for the point and if they nicked a win so be it but they did their job it was a win for them.

On that note congratulation to Porto and their fans for their second consecutive league title.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Only worse thing than our second half was watching the post match journalists talking about our game.

Jesus most of them are from Benfica. Imagine being a Man United fan and after your games 9 out of 10 of the pundits are all Liverpool lovers. And we won the match, just imagine when we lose. Ffs the football media in this country is a disgrace. End of rant. :wenger:

SportingCP96

Supports
We got the win which keeps us around the top 3 but nonetheless a poor performance. The most worrying of all is the style of play we were attempting to implement is already done. We have reverted back to crossing and these performances have been getting worse game by game. Bas dost has been horrid he’s in a slump. The defence is can be cut open like a hot knife thru butter and the midfield is short of ideas. We have been relying on individual quality of Bruno fernandes Nani and a few others. Also diaby is just horrid it blows my mind how he starts over raphinha who is a good player and has potential.

Side note: looks like we’re losing yet another talented youth prospect in Tiago djalo I rate him a lot as a player and as always we let these guys slip away. Yes I know having piece of crap agents does not help but still. Then I look over to France and see the raw potential and ability 19 year old striker Rafael leao has for Lille 4 goals in last 5 games and I get reminded of the summer all over again.

Anyways big games coming up:

League cup Semi Finals:

Porto vs Benfica
Sporting vs Braga

Taca de Portugal Semi Finals:

Sporting vs Benfica

Porto vs Braga

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
@SportingCP96 I would only say that like the other 3 teams we don't have time to train. Its only play, recover and play. What is clear is the team was tired and needs more rotation.

Regarding Djalo he has nowhere near the same potential as Leão. I hate to say this but looking at how on Portugal the teams with small exceptions refuse to play youngsters, maybe for Leão going to France was better for him.

Of course I hate the guy, but I remember someone I know who works on the Sporting Academy who told me he was possibly the biggest raw talent they had there after Ronaldo. Didn't said they were on the same level, only said we lost a player with huge potential, Djalo is not on that league.

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 I would only say that like the other 3 teams we don't have time to train. Its only play, recover and play. What is clear is the team was tired and needs more rotation.

Regarding Djalo he has nowhere near the same potential as Leão. I hate to say this but looking at how on Portugal the teams with small exceptions refuse to play youngsters, maybe for Leão going to France was better for him.

Of course I hate the guy, but I remember someone I know who works on the Sporting Academy who told me he was possibly the biggest raw talent they had there after Ronaldo. Didn't said they were on the same level, only said we lost a player with huge potential, Djalo is not on that league.
Let me correct my self if it sounded this way but I was not saying they were the same level of potential and talent. I was saying I rate djalo and he has all the tools to be a very good center back he’s quick he’s good on the ball has good technical ability for a player in that position.

As for Leao I was just stating my dissapoitnment on how yet again we let another talented youngster leave and we get nothing in return. I agree with what that guy told you though Rafael leao has a lot of raw ability and talent this guy is 6ft 2 has good pace, good positioning and has that ability to get goals added to the fact that he is skillful. I Saw him a lot on the youth league and he was great and then when he came on vs Porto and scored 2 minutes later at 18 years of age . The week before he set up Gelson for a 94 Minute winter and I knew this kid had that thing to be great.

Sadly for Sporting Lille is going to be the one to reap the rewards.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Let me correct my self if it sounded this way but I was not saying they were the same level of potential and talent. I was saying I rate djalo and he has all the tools to be a very good center back he’s quick he’s good on the ball has good technical ability for a player in that position.

As for Leao I was just stating my dissapoitnment on how yet again we let another talented youngster leave and we get nothing in return. I agree with what that guy told you though Rafael leao has a lot of raw ability and talent this guy is 6ft 2 has good pace, good positioning and has that ability to get goals added to the fact that he is skillful. I Saw him a lot on the youth league and he was great and then when he came on vs Porto and scored 2 minutes later at 18 years of age . The week before he set up Gelson for a 94 Minute winter and I knew this kid had that thing to be great.

Sadly for Sporting Lille is going to be the one to reap the rewards.
Hey, I understood your point. For me Djalo is a brainless player who only stands out at youth level where his physical atributes make difference.

Regarding the rest, its nothing new, with Bruma, Dier, Futre it happened the same. Only case where we did had a top player with us coming from the youth teams playing for a few seasons was Figo, and even so he left for Barcelona on peanuts.

Don't know but that guy told me the raw potential from Leão is head and shoulders above what he saw on Gelson or Bruma only to compare. And he is on the right country to develop his potential.

Problem we have in Portugal is that the clubs are very conservative to play the younger players, unlike France, Germany or Spain.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Os gauchos estão dizendo isso lá na midia do Rio Grande do Sul que é o estado dele. Geralmente tem alguma informaçao da familia nestes casos.
Ah ok. Aqui ainda só há boatos nos jornais esportivos. Probably true. Good player, but a EPL team where I could see him flying is Wolves. Don't know if a top 6 club for him would work. Lets see if he is good enough for Simeone.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It's definitely possible that Telles to Atletico happens in the summer, don't think there's any chance Porto sells him halfway through the season though

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Think they will sign Manafá from Portimonense now. Another former youth player from Sporting. :wenger:

Charles Miller

Ah ok. Aqui ainda só há boatos nos jornais esportivos. Probably true. Good player, but a EPL team where I could see him flying is Wolves. Don't know if a top 6 club for him would work. Lets see if he is good enough for Simeone.
I think Atletico is better do que 04 dos top 06 da EPL:lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Hey, I understood your point. For me Djalo is a brainless player who only stands out at youth level where his physical atributes make difference.

Regarding the rest, its nothing new, with Bruma, Dier, Futre it happened the same. Only case where we did had a top player with us coming from the youth teams playing for a few seasons was Figo, and even so he left for Barcelona on peanuts.

Don't know but that guy told me the raw potential from Leão is head and shoulders above what he saw on Gelson or Bruma only to compare. And he is on the right country to develop his potential.

Problem we have in Portugal is that the clubs are very conservative to play the younger players, unlike France, Germany or Spain.
Gelson was good but no end product. For me Bruma is the one who got away his pace and ability to get past a man was ridiculous he was the only positive in the horrible 12/13 season. Had he stayed and developed more under Jardim the following season and left at maybe 20 he would be a star but he is as dumb as a rock( literally ) and catio balde took advantage. It’s a shame a club how we are run if we were able to keep our young players we would have some great teams. Porto and Benfica have no issue doing that. Especially with their top players they are ALWAYS able to milk out one or 2 more seasons in them before selling.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think Atletico is better do que 04 dos top 06 da EPL:lol:
You are right on that point but I want to see him under Simeone. He certainly has quality to play on England no doubt about that in my mind.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Porto has been better but it could easily be 2-2, Benfica got a goal invalidated by a very slight offside.
3:1 Porto. Curious to see how they will perform vs Roma. Doing a Inácio and listening to Freitas Lobo poetry. No one deserves this. :rolleyes:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This games against Braga are always tricky. Not worried with this one, more worried with the League.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Abel can feck off. Lampião de merda.

Disgusting comments post match, Braga really is Benfica B.

Loved to watch him smile on the pitch after the 6-2 a few weeks ago

SportingCP96

Supports
Sporting vs porto this weekend in the league cup final.

Another dreadful Sporting performance in a game Braga could have easily won. We still can’t defend and the attack is simply not functioning. Nani Bruno fernandes and dost have been dreadful. Raphinha is the only bright spot at times. We need some signings it is so clear to see. Sadly I do not see us beating Porto but it is a final so you never know.

Either way it is so satisfying to beat benfica b they always attempt to say they are one of the “big” from Portugal. Hate their president and their coach.

SportingCP96

Supports
Also seeing Benfica and Porto argue about bad calls and refereeing is probably the funniest and most ironic thing coming from the two most corrupt clubs in the country:lol::lol::lol:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Abel and Salvador. 2 Vieira employees. :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Abel and Salvador. 2 Vieira employees. :lol:
It's so obvious and so sad. Braga have lost the past 10 games in a row vs Benfica with the last being an embarrassing 6-2 loss and at the end of the game they were all smiles. They lose in penalties to Sporting and they are "outraged" and punching conference room tables.

Contra o benfica abrem as pernas e contra o Sporting jogam como se fosse a final da Champions.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Sporting tactically better so far. Porto with the usual blunders in defense when under pressure.
I hope Keizer rests some players for the second half. More worried with Setubal than this one. Nothing against Porto its just that this competition for me doesn't save the season.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Pepe has been really poor here. Don't think he should be playing on the left side of defense.

Don't really care about the competition but it would be nice to get one over Porto, I'm predicting we'll lose this on penalties though.

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 don't tell me you are watching this?
I am.... I actually think we have been “ better “ then Porto this first half but that is not really saying much considering they have been rubbish. Has their even been a shot in target ? Hopefully we win as I love beating both porto and benfica but I can see us losing this.

SportingCP96

Supports
Typical. What else is their to say. I can’t wait for this season to be over. My weekend is ruined.

SportingCP96

Supports
Typical. What else is their to say. I can’t wait for this season to be over. My weekend is ruined.
HOLY FECKKKKK!!!! I have no idea how in the living hell we just won that !! The penalty fell from nonehere in the 90th minute and yet again we prevail ! We defend the league cup and win it back to back both times we won all in penalties from the semi finals all the way to the finals !

SportingCP96

Supports
I absolutely jinxed it in a good way. We played fecking horrible ! In both the semi final and the final yet somehow we won! I don’t care for right now though ! Winning is winning and this MAYBE could be a boost we need. I hope the players don’t hide behind it though because they have not played a good game in the good part of a month.

Feels good winning against corruption.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Would be fun to win the league cup yet again next year after winning the semis and final on penalties for the third consecutive year :lol:

Feel a bit dirty for being happy over the Lucilio Cup but that one felt good, not going to lie.

Porto are better than us though, they'll deservedly win the league this season.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Would be fun to win the league cup yet again next year after winning the semis and final on penalties for the third consecutive year :lol:

Feel a bit dirty for being happy over the Lucilio Cup but that one felt good, not going to lie.

Porto are better than us though, they'll deservedly win the league this season.
More worried with Setúbal than this one. We finished the game with Petrovic as Cb ffs. Porto was unlucky with Oliver and Sergio is cursed with us on the cups.:lol: