Portuguese Football 2018/19

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Galeno touch seems a bit off for me but Rashid played fantastic against Sporting interesting player. The best one was easily Vinicius it is a shame Monaco were able to pick him up.
Galeno is clearly not the most gifted player, but his workrate is very valuable for a team who might need balance. Also, his pace and power are quite impressive.

Yes, he won't become a world beater, but he has enough talent to be a part of balanced squad.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Galeno is clearly not the most gifted player, but his workrate is very valuable for a team who might need balance. Also, his pace and power are quite impressive.

Yes, he won't become a world beater, but he has enough talent to be a part of balanced squad.
I guess he does fit Porto style of play in the Marega rule. Marega is a average player so if he can start then maybe galeno can do that role as well.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I am undecided if I watch Everton vs City, Real Madrid vs Barcelona or us. I even fear what is coming today. :D

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Good times when a player of Figo or Rui Costa calibre would play in Portugal until he was 22 or 23. Benfica will probably lose Felix at the end of this season. I just can't enjoy football anymore because of this. I stopped watching when Ruben Neves went away. Porto was champion last season and I didn't saw a single full game (saw some small parts). This season I haven't seen 10 minutes of it, I have no idea who this Militao dude is, but judging by posts on Porto forum it's probably for the best, most are already depressed because there's no chance he stays another season.

I'm preparing myself to watch Benfica - Sporting now because I'm curious about the Felix dude, but I'd be surprised if I hold on until the end and don't start playing Overwatch midway through.

SportingCP96

Supports
I am undecided if I watch Everton vs City, Real Madrid vs Barcelona or us. I even fear what is coming today. :D
Im going to watch the game. I have too. But I have a feeling this will be back to back humiliations.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Im going to watch the game. I have too. But I have a feeling this will be back to back humiliations.
I watched Everton vs City first half. Looking at those changes is quite incredible how Gudelj always plays ffs.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I have been a critic of Keizer but today was not the case. I mean not when you have crap players like Renan or Bruno Gaspar on your team or Wendell misses goals in front of the keeper. Oh and good to know Ilori remains the same overrated crap.

SAFMUTD

I really want Felix in United.
He is looking like he could be the next big thing. Young and exciting will be a perfect substitue player for Pogba. I say lets go for it, we need to gamble more and sign more youngsters.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He is looking like he could be the next big thing. Young and exciting will be a perfect substitue player for Pogba. I say lets go for it, we need to gamble more and sign more youngsters.
What for? You guys already have players like Martial, Rashford and guys like Lukaku or Sanchez as options?

Quite honestly he is more efective playing centrally and unless a team plays with 2 upfront or a 10 don't know if a player of this profile is needed. Better ask @André Dominguez he knows the player better than me, not to mention they will ask silly money. Good player but needs to be developed imo.

SportingCP96

Supports
As I have said before sell the whole team except Nani, Bruno Fernandes, Acuna and Mathieu.

Bruno Fernandes has more then payed back his “debt” with sporting after the summer he has 20 goals and 10 assists which is fantastic for a midfielder it’s a shame there are no other good players in the team to help him out. Cracking fecking goal that top drawer and it leaves us with a slim chance of getting to the final ( we won’t ).

As for the game, 2 absolutely stupid goals a howler from the keeper and an own goal. As for Illori I will not judge him yet I mean the own goal is not his fault was unfortunate. Borja seemed interesting at left back but only time will tell.

In conclusion we suck.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I have been a critic of Keizer but today was not the case. I mean not when you have crap players like Renan or Bruno Gaspar on your team or Wendell misses goals in front of the keeper. Oh and good to know Ilori remains the same overrated crap.
We signed Iiori im 15/16 but he never played. Then left Liverpool for Reading and again in and out of team battling relegation to league 1. Dunno if he was ever hugely rated in Portugal coming up through the youth system but surprised he's starting ahead of Mathieu unless he's injured.

SAFMUTD

What for? You guys already have players like Martial, Rashford and guys like Lukaku or Sanchez as options?

Quite honestly he is more efective playing centrally and unless a team plays with 2 upfront or a 10 don't know if a player of this profile is needed. Better ask @André Dominguez he knows the player better than me, not to mention they will ask silly money. Good player but needs to be developed imo.
I was thinking in using him when Pogba needs a rest, currently we don't have anybody who can fill that role.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
We signed Iiori im 15/16 but he never played. Then left Liverpool for Reading and again in and out of team battling relegation to league 1. Dunno if he was ever hugely rated in Portugal coming up through the youth system but surprised he's starting ahead of Mathieu unless he's injured.
Yes he only played because Mathieu is injured.

Tbf to him he also did a couple of good things but he always had severe moments of lacking concentration.

He comes from the same generation of players as Dier, Bruma, João Mário from the Academy. Fair to say Dier has been the most consistent of them. Not even going to mention Ruben Semedo who was arrested last season in Spain and was sacked by Villareal if I am not wrong. :lol:
I was thinking in using him when Pogba needs a rest, currently we don't have anybody who can fill that role.
2 completely different players.

Even better than me you can ask about him to @André Dominguez because he supports both clubs, one thing is sure if I was a Benfica fan I would want to keep him, and if I was a United fan I would pay a lot of money for more proven players, just a opinion of course.

Arruda

Supports
Porto
I don't think this sort of player should be a backup anywhere. He's talented enough, needs loads of experience, should either play at a club that needs him right now or has veey short term plans to put him in a first xi.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He clearly won't replace Pogba, he plays further on the pitch. He can substitute Lingard or Martial. If you check his heat zones, he clearly prefers to play in the middle behind the striker, or in the left cutting inside.

SAFMUTD

He clearly won't replace Pogba, he plays further on the pitch. He can substitute Lingard or Martial. If you check his heat zones, he clearly prefers to play in the middle behind the striker, or in the left cutting inside.
Thanks! I’ve honestly seen very little of him I thought he was more of a 8-10. Anyway he seems a great talent, I don’t know how much would benfica ask for him but I don’t think it would be much since he just started playing for the first team this season. So we can jump on him early and get him relatively cheap.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Thanks! I’ve honestly seen very little of him I thought he was more of a 8-10. Anyway he seems a great talent, I don’t know how much would benfica ask for him but I don’t think it would be much since he just started playing for the first team this season. So we can jump on him early and get him relatively cheap.
Benfica would ask a bit for him. Portuguese clubs cannot ask that much since our league doesn't value the players so high, but after what happened with Frenkie De JOng negociations with Ajax I guess everything is possible.

Eila

What the hell? UEFA just suspended Porto forward Jesus Corona another match for apparently getting a yellow card on purpose on the 5th group stage match and thus earning a suspension for the 6th match. Has this happened before? How can you even prove this?

Arruda

Supports
Porto
What the hell? UEFA just suspended Porto forward Jesus Corona another match for apparently getting a yellow card on purpose on the 5th group stage match and thus earning a suspension for the 6th match. Has this happened before? How can you even prove this?
It has happened before, Carvajal last year for example.

A bit stupid thst they only announce it now though, days before the game.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Better than yesterday when the portuguese FA thought it was a good idea to announce Ristovski got his suspension reduced 2 hours before the game started so we had to play Bruno Gaspar instead.

SportingCP96

Supports
Better than yesterday when the portuguese FA thought it was a good idea to announce Ristovski got his suspension reduced 2 hours before the game started so we had to play Bruno Gaspar instead.
I understand the point you are trying to make but in the grand scheme of things it would have made no difference they are both bad players and we still would have lost.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I understand the point you are trying to make but in the grand scheme of things it would have made no difference they are both bad players and we still would have lost.
Actually it would. Bruno Gaspar is the worst fullback I have ever seen playing for us. And believe me if I watched a lot of crap playing for us during this years. Yesterday the game was entirelly different too.

SportingCP96

Supports
Actually it would. Bruno Gaspar is the worst fullback I have ever seen playing for us. And believe me if I watched a lot of crap playing for us during this years. Yesterday the game was entirelly different too.
Your right but Ristovski is really not that much better. They both suck.

SportingCP96

Supports
Title race wide open now. Porto drop points for the second week in a row by snatching a tie in the 92 minute of the game. Game ended 1-1.

With this result Porto have 51 points. A benfica win will put them on 50 and a braga win will put them on 49. 2 points potentially separating the top 3.

Sporting have a good chance to separate themselves from 5th (yay). Talk about club ambition right their.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Title race wide open now. Porto drop points for the second week in a row by snatching a tie in the 92 minute of the game. Game ended 1-1.

With this result Porto have 51 points. A benfica win will put them on 50 and a braga win will put them on 49. 2 points potentially separating the top 3.

Sporting have a good chance to separate themselves from 5th (yay). Talk about club ambition right their.
:lol:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Zeegelaar?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Zeegelaar?
This Bruno Gaspar is even worse than him and Schelotto.

Even crap fullbacks like Vinicius, Saber or Gil Baiano during the 90's weren't worse than this guy. Doesn't help when your team organization is worse than those at Ledman Liga Pro.

Maybe with JJ he would be able to hide some of his weaknesses, but he is really bad imo. Him and Renan represent everything what is wrong with this club.

SportingCP96

Supports
Benfica running riot 6-0 and still half an hour to go. Braga won 2-1. The pressure is mounting on Porto they are breathing down their necks.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nacional. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Option A - The Eredivisie arrived today.

Option B - Betting was good today.

Option C - Someone payed a good bonus to some of this players.

Cast your vote.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I was leaving home when it was 1-0 and told my folks it was gonna be 6 or 7 given that Nacional, the worst defence in the league, had their d-line in the halfway line. Suicide or intended? Benfica needed a strong statement after Porto losing points and there you go.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I was leaving home when it was 1-0 and told my folks it was gonna be 6 or 7 given that Nacional, the worst defence in the league, had their d-line in the halfway line. Suicide or intended? Benfica needed a strong statement after Porto losing points and there you go.
Surely Costinha is going to be sacked?

SportingCP96

Supports
Nacional. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Option A - The Eredivisie arrived today.

Option B - Betting was good today.

Option C - Someone payed a good bonus to some of this players.

Cast your vote.
Im sorry but if you are in the first division and lose 10-0? Give me a break. João felix is incredible. This result seems ...off to say the least.