Portuguese Football 2019/20

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Benfica hires Mattia Perin from Juventus from 12M€.

Tbh, the GK position was not an urgent one, and we urgently need a RB.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Benfica hires Mattia Perin from Juventus from 12M€.

Tbh, the GK position was not an urgent one, and we urgently need a RB.
That is official? If so then you guys have by far the best keeper in the league.

SportingCP96

Supports
Thiago Almada is linked to Sporting and he looks an absolute gem which means we probably wont get him:lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Ryan Gauld going to Farense. Farense is investing to attack the promotion during the next three seasons.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
André Pinto may join Brescia on a loan + buying option deal. Sporting is keen on the move, now is up to Brescia to convince the player to join Serie A.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Salvio off to Boca Juniors. Best of luck for him. Too bad he's made of crystal, because in top from he's almost unstopable.

SportingCP96

Supports
Matheus going to be sold or loaned out again.....Jesus Christ our most talented winger and he does not even get a chance.

Good news is Plata will get more chances...bad news Jovane will get many minutes oh and Diaby :lol::houllier::eek::rolleyes:

SportingCP96

Supports
Key points of this first half.
1. Vietto as a winger
2. Ilori as a right back
3. No defensive line
4. Zero attacking cohesiveness

Keizer has been here a year and has yet to learn how to get a clean sheet. The attack is pushed to the right side because there is NOBODY on the left side because Vietto is not a winger so he naturally cuts inside and goes towards the middle which leaves Conte alone on the left which then creates a massive hole.

Attacking wise Bas Dost is a post and does not move and we keep forcing the ball to the right because nobody is on the left. THREE pre season games with no improvement not one bit of a sign. In fact we look and play exactly the same as last year.

It's incredible how there are fans who don't see a problem at all they set low standards as long as it's all fun. Then they wonder why we have not won the league in fecking 20 years:lol: the mentality of oh its ok oh its pre season oh lets give someone a chance when we know it wont last. Thats why this club is mocked by everyone in Portugal.

SportingCP96

Supports
"Rir para nao chorar" (laugh so not to cry) :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Alrighty then so the second half was a bit better but overall a terrible game. In the second half Vietto was subbed off for a winger (Jovane) and we began to create more opportunities. What a shocker right? a winger playing in the Wing creates more space and chances for the team who would have thought:rolleyes:. The game vs Liverpool should be fun..

I am desperate to see Bas Dost leave this club.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Vietto is not a winger, he has to play centrally. Regarding the rest we were playing without natural fullbacks. It’s not because someone comes here and starts moaning and screaming that the squad will turn into the best. It isn’t, a lot of delusion if someone thinks this squad is good enough to win titles.

SportingCP96

Supports
It’s incredible how you’re so fecking deluded that you think because a forward plays as a winger that’s a problem, and preseason games played without Coates, Acuna, Rosier or Borja are a definitive metric to evaluate how a season is going to develop.

Put on your head something, we don’t have the better squad, and it’s not because you come here always moaning and screaming like a self entitled natural winner that they’re going to win more.

Why don’t you join the fecking morons who went into Alcochete and destroyed our squad last season then? They were the stupid idiots who thought that screaming like you the team will start flying.

It’s deluded fans like you who join the populists who think they know everything.

Since when is Conte or Ilori playing as fullbacks something to take out of the game. This is the preseason ffs.
You are the exact reason why this club will never change. You have no ambition at all for this club and you are ok with just Participating and not competing. You are ok with watching a team show no signs of improvement game after game in pre season. The only key player missing there were Coates and Acuna and you are trying to tell me that without 2 players there is no way to evaluate a team? Your fecking deluded mate. You are ok with the mindset of “oh they gave it there best” or whatever fecking like you want to use to justify them losing.

This is not BDC or Varandas like you and everyone else makes it seem. Feck the president past and present this is about the CLUB!

No one said that just because Vietto is playing winger that that is the main problem. It’s rather to show how incompetent this coach is when he does not even know the fecking players who he or varandas signed.

Your ok with losing that’s on you I don’t like to lose nor do I like Sporting to lose and then you and other people wonder why we have not won the league in 20 years! Show some fecking ambition for once. Learn to look at a game Detail by detail and see the absolute joke of performances these have been.

It does not matter to win or to lose in pre season as long as there are signs of improvement of something being built! There has been ZERO at all!

Also don’t ever care me to those feckin idiots because in the end of the day this is just a sport and no one should get hurt over it but Sporting and The fans (like you) are the founding fathers of how this generation is. Where no one can be criticized or yelled at or judged when they are not PERFORMING and doing well.

I have pointed out EVERYTHING that we are seeing this pre season LAST season and you defended it last season just like you have this season. The only one that is deluded here is you. Since last season I have mentioned the defensive structure of this team etc. Then people want to throw shade at JJ when he was the best coach we have had in 20 years. But that has nothing to with this convo.

I am not saying they need to be champions every season because our reality is much different to that of Porto and Benfica but things will never change doing things the way we are.

SportingCP96

Supports
Vietto is not a winger, he has to play centrally. Regarding the rest we were playing without natural fullbacks. It’s not because someone comes here and starts moaning and screaming that the squad will turn into the best. It isn’t, a lot of delusion if someone thinks this squad is good enough to win titles.
Yes the fullbacks are the problem that’s why we are performing bad :houllier::lol: for ffs.

It’s ok pat them on the back tell them they tried there best.

No one said this squad is good enough to win the league but your telling me they can’t get second place? Look at Porto’s fecking team. Yet they do better then us every single season.

You should be there cheerleader.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You are the exact reason why this club will never change. You have no ambition at all for this club and you are ok with just Participating and not competing. You are ok with watching a team show no signs of improvement game after game in pre season. The only key player missing there were Coates and Acuna and you are trying to tell me that without 2 players there is no way to evaluate a team? Your fecking deluded mate. You are ok with the mindset of “oh they gave it there best” or whatever fecking like you want to use to justify them losing.

This is not BDC or Varandas like you and everyone else makes it seem. Feck the president past and present this is about the CLUB!

No one said that just because Vietto is playing winger that that is the main problem. It’s rather to show how incompetent this coach is when he does not even know the fecking players who he or varandas signed.

Your ok with losing that’s on you I don’t like to lose nor do I like Sporting to lose and then you and other people wonder why we have not won the league in 20 years! Show some fecking ambition for once. Learn to look at a game Detail by detail and see the absolute joke of performances these have been.

It does not matter to win or to lose in pre season as long as there are signs of improvement of something being built! There has been ZERO at all!

Also don’t ever care me to those feckin idiots because in the end of the day this is just a sport and no one should get hurt over it but Sporting and The fans (like you) are the founding fathers of how this generation is. Where no one can be criticized or yelled at or judged when they are not PERFORMING and doing well.

I have pointed out EVERYTHING that we are seeing this pre season LAST season and you defended it last season just like you have this season. The only one that is deluded here is you. Since last season I have mentioned the defensive structure of this team etc. Then people want to throw shade at JJ when he was the best coach we have had in 20 years. But that has nothing to with this convo.

I am not saying they need to be champions every season because our reality is much different to that of Porto and Benfica but things will never change doing things the way we are.
Listen, it’s the last time I will say this. You don’t know me from any place to say shit like because I don’t post moronic things like you during or after the matches the fault of a club winning or losing its because I don’t come here bitching like you against everything. You know nothing about me, and stop posting your moronic rants here on this topic. Last time you reply to me here. Conversation finished.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yes the fullbacks are the problem that’s why we are performing bad :houllier::lol: for ffs.

It’s ok pat them on the back tell them they tried there best.

No one said this squad is good enough to win the league but your telling me they can’t get second place? Look at Porto’s fecking team. Yet they do better then us every single season.

You should be there cheerleader.
By the way, learn to spell. It’s you should be their cheerleader, no wonder you were deluding yourself on the day of the draft. Typical self entitled Knicks fan. From now on everytime you post something here on this topic I will put you on your place.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
Listen, it’s the last time I will say this. You don’t know me from any place to say shit like because I don’t post moronic things like you during or after the matches the fault of a club winning or losing its because I don’t come here bitching like you against everything. You know nothing about me, and stop posting your moronic rants here on this topic. Last time you reply to me here. Conversation finished.
This is a topic about Portuguese football so if I want to post something related about Portuguese football then I could. That’s the whole point of the fecking topic.

Your right I don’t know you and you don’t know me to go and say the dumb shet you said. Like I said we obviously have two very different mentality’s in life, I don’t like to lose and I don’t like incompetence, I also don’t mind saying what needs to be said. You might be different and that’s fine but don’t come bark up my tree because I have an opinion this is an open forum if you don’t like it then don’t come on the thread. Simple as that buddy.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This is a topic about Portuguese football so if I want to post something related about Portuguese football then I could. That’s the whole point of the fecking topic.

Your right I don’t know you and you don’t know me to go and say the dumb shet you said. Like I said we obviously have two very different mentality’s in life, I don’t like to lose and I don’t like incompetence, I also don’t mind saying what needs to be said. You might be different and that’s fine but don’t come bark up my tree because I have an opinion this is an open forum if you don’t like it then don’t come on the thread. Simple as that buddy.
If you want to have your rants open a thread with the title “ Rant thread”. Leave this topic for normal posts. It’s over.

SportingCP96

Supports
By the way, learn to spell. It’s you should be their cheerleader, no wonder you were deluding yourself on the day of the draft. Typical self entitled Knicks fan. From now on everytime you post something here on this topic I will put you on your place.
Last time I checked I spelt it correctly “moron” I used the wrong “their” but thank you for correcting me I like to learn.

As for the Knicks fan comment you should go read the thread because you don’t know what your talking about.

“I will put you on your place” you must be talking to the wrong person. In what exactly!? Saying what I feel about how my team is performing? You can pat them on the back every game if you like that’s not me I have a different way of thinking.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Last time I checked I spelt it correctly “moron” I used the wrong “their” but thank you for correcting me I like to learn.

As for the Knicks fan comment you should go read the thread because you don’t know what your talking about.

“I will put you on your place” you must be talking to the wrong person. In what exactly!? Saying what I feel about how my team is performing? You can pat them on the back every game if you like that’s not me I have a different way of thinking.
Feck you’re still here. :boring:

SportingCP96

Supports
If you want to have your rants open a thread with the title “ Rant thread”. Leave this topic for normal posts. It’s over.
It was opinions... on the game.... not a rant. Let me tell you reading and comprehending are two very different things. This is a thread about Portuguese football and that is what I am talking about.

If you have a problem with that then that’s a you problem not a me problem. Go bother someone else. You want to talk football in here that’s what I love to do.

SportingCP96

Supports
Soft mindset these days. LISTEN EVERYBODY no more talking bad about coaches and players ok? I don’t want anyone’s feelings to get hurt on this thread. As long as the team tries it’s best and have fun that’s all that matters :):lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Feck you’re still here. :boring:
I am here when they lose and when they win and if I am wrong about anything not just in sports but in life I gladly own up to it because that’s how I as a person am. I love to be wrong because you learn when your wrong.

We will see if Keizer lasts a full season. I just hope everyone has fun when they play.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It was opinions... on the game.... not a rant. Let me tell you reading and comprehending are two very different things. This is a thread about Portuguese football and that is what I am talking about.

If you have a problem with that then that’s a you problem not a me problem. Go bother someone else. You want to talk football in here that’s what I love to do.
Incredible. It’s always someone else’s fault. You want a suggestion? Everytime the opponent scores a goal dedicate only 1 entire page with your rants to them. They might start running more in the pitch after reading that. We’re wasting time here.

SportingCP96

Supports
Incredible. It’s always someone else’s fault. You want a suggestion? Everytime the opponent scores a goal dedicate only 1 entire page with your rants to them. They might start running more in the pitch after reading that. We’re wasting time here.
It’s like talking to a wall. You either don’t get it or don’t want to get it.

Your the one who tried to attack me for no reason. I mean I got no issue with it I don’t really care but don’t “attack” me and then try to play Victim.

I gave a quick opinion on the first and the second half of the game. I truly don’t understand what your problem is.

Whether they win or lose ima give an opinion of how the game went, moments of the game etc. Just stop Reading my posts if they bother you I’m not writing them for you.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Lmaooo you messaged ME! not the other way around :lol::lol::houllier:
So Sporting...

Don’t know if he will stay there, for me he had the potential to be the best player from the Academy since Moutinho/Nani. Let’s see if I am wrong.

SportingCP96

Supports
So Sporting...

Don’t know if he will stay there, for me he had the potential to be the best player from the Academy since Moutinho/Nani. Let’s see if I am wrong.
I thought you hated me?:lol:

He is the one I was most upset about losing besides... Patrício(mostly because I idolized him).

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Honestly after reviewing the game it will be a miracle if we finish on second place.

We’re lucky if we’re not spanked on the Supercup. My only hope is Abdu, Ilori and Neto won’t start for us.

Controversial but I would only use the best team for the domestic league and Europa League, the domestic cups forget it, play the second lines and rest the players.

End of the season at best we will have to hire a new coach to close the gap, hopefully we have a decent start, but no optimism for the Supercup. Oh and if they sell Bruno we are fecked.

SportingCP96

Supports
Honestly after reviewing the game it will be a miracle if we finish on second place.

We’re lucky if we’re not spanked on the Supercup. My only hope is Abdu, Ilori and Neto won’t start for us.

Controversial but I would only use the best team for the domestic league and Europa League, the domestic cups forget it, play the second lines and rest the players.

End of the season at best we will have to hire a new coach to close the gap, hopefully we have a decent start, but no optimism for the Supercup. Oh and if they sell Bruno we are fecked.
There ya go! Now you get it:D

I am glad you re watched it because these are all things I saw during the game and it shows no signs of improving. I only disagree with the Neto part I think he has done well and is a very solid player though he will obviously not be a starter over Coates and Mathieu.

I won't even Bother getting mad about us getting spanked vs Liverpool because the difference in quality is so substantial but the fact that their is no progression in this team game after game is alarming. Especially since he has been at the helm of the team since basically all of last season.

I will see 3 of the first 4 games of the season at the stadium and I have yet to see Sporting lose while I was at the stadium so hopefully that trend continues :wenger::D

As for the Supercup it will be a miracle if we only lose 1-0. If Bruno leaves I bet we finish 4th.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
There ya go! Now you get it:D

I am glad you re watched it because these are all things I saw during the game and it shows no signs of improving. I only disagree with the Neto part I think he has done well and is a very solid player though he will obviously not be a starter over Coates and Mathieu.

I won't even Bother getting mad about us getting spanked vs Liverpool because the difference in quality is so substantial but the fact that their is no progression in this team game after game is alarming. Especially since he has been at the helm of the team since basically all of last season.

I will see 3 of the first 4 games of the season at the stadium and I have yet to see Sporting lose while I was at the stadium so hopefully that trend continues :wenger::D

As for the Supercup it will be a miracle if we only lose 1-0. If Bruno leaves I bet we finish 4th.
This can be mitigated domestically if Coates/Matthieu/Rosier/Borja are healthy enough during the season, reason why I mentioned we should rest our best 11 entirely on the domestic cups.

Sorry I like Jamor but I get pissed off when I listen to supporters being more interested on the domestic cups than the Europa League.

The best we can achieve is the second place, forget it we have Dost who is a 80’s or 90’s type of striker upfront, Luis Philipe adds more to the team but compare that to the options Benfica already has.

Raul de Tomás on a weak League will cause misery, Seferovic might be useless at international level but is good enough here, and now they added Carlos Vinicius.

Beside that I don’t believe Keizer wanted Vietto, the only way he can be useful on a 4x3x3 is playing as a false 9 or if he replaces Fernandes, I doubt he can play on wider areas though.

All in all, we need to qualify to the Champions League playoffs, impossible to win the league with this squad, even if we had a better coach.

It’s not lack of ambition, is being pragmatic and looking into our squad and compare with the other 2.

But I agree at the end of the season we need to find a better coach who knows how to coordinate a defensive line, massive downgrade after 3 years of JJ.

It’s sad because I think they are doing interesting things at youth level and improving the scouting overall, but without Champions League money or outside investors forget it, you can be more competent but without money to invest you’re second best.

But I am totally against going back into the JJ model, too expensive and you can’t rely at the shit football taste of someone and get stuck with the Alan Ruiz of this lifes.

I don’t know who will take Dost, he is totally inept if your game plan isn’t to cross balls into the area.

Just forget the rest of the preseason games and the Supercup, don’t waste your time deluding yourself, unless things change gradually.

SportingCP96

Supports
This can be mitigated domestically if Coates/Matthieu/Rosier/Borja are healthy enough during the season, reason why I mentioned we should rest our best 11 entirely on the domestic cups.

Sorry I like Jamor but I get pissed off when I listen to supporters being more interested on the domestic cups than the Europa League.

The best we can achieve is the second place, forget it we have Dost who is a 80’s or 90’s type of striker upfront, Luis Philipe adds more to the team but compare that to the options Benfica already has.

Raul de Tomás on a weak League will cause misery, Seferovic might be useless at international level but is good enough here, and now they added Carlos Vinicius.

Beside that I don’t believe Keizer wanted Vietto, the only way he can be useful on a 4x3x3 is playing as a false 9 or if he replaces Fernandes, I doubt he can play on wider areas though.

All in all, we need to qualify to the Champions League playoffs, impossible to win the league with this squad, even if we had a better coach.

It’s not lack of ambition, is being pragmatic and looking into our squad and compare with the other 2.

But I agree at the end of the season we need to find a better coach who knows how to coordinate a defensive line, massive downgrade after 3 years of JJ.

It’s sad because I think they are doing interesting things at youth level and improving the scouting overall, but without Champions League money or outside investors forget it, you can be more competent but without money to invest you’re second best.

But I am totally against going back into the JJ model, too expensive and you can’t rely at the shit football taste of someone and get stuck with the Alan Ruiz of this lifes.

I don’t know who will take Dost, he is totally inept if your game plan isn’t to cross balls into the area.

Just forget the rest of the preseason games and the Supercup, don’t waste your time deluding yourself, unless things change gradually.
Personally I dont think Keizer will last the full season. Winning those cups could have been a bad thing because it gave Keizer tis much of a security blanket to get sacked we basically had to give him a chance even though it was obvious and is obvious he is not the right man for the job.

I never once expected us to fight for the league as you have said before we dont have money to compete with the other two and the only way to balance that is if we had a gold mine coming through the ranks but we dont. I do agree about the scouting though I like the players we have identified and the signings we have made so far. Not all of them will be a success but I like these signings more then the Misics, Petrovics, Gerson Magroas of the world for example.

I dont think we should pay that much for a coach like JJ (especially because we dont have the money) but Keizer is a massive downgrade. I really hope they get the next coach right because this has/will (potentially) turn into yet another wasted season.

Porto have a bang average squad and second place is there for the taking but I dont see it happening with this coach.

Dost and Luiz Phellype simply are not good enough for a team wanting to be a contender/Champion.

Lastly Vietto needs to play down the middle but even then I dont think he will do well as a loan striker. He came 2 years too late because in JJ formation and model he would have banged in goals left and right in my opinion. He is not cut to play a 4-3-3. Speaking about Formation I find it alarming that Keizer has not tested any plan B formations in these pre season games besides his pragmatic 4-3-3. Also getting rid of Matheus Pereira simply makes no sense to me at all. Some things you just can explain with this club.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Personally I dont think Keizer will last the full season. Winning those cups could have been a bad thing because it gave Keizer tis much of a security blanket to get sacked we basically had to give him a chance even though it was obvious and is obvious he is not the right man for the job.

I never once expected us to fight for the league as you have said before we dont have money to compete with the other two and the only way to balance that is if we had a gold mine coming through the ranks but we dont. I do agree about the scouting though I like the players we have identified and the signings we have made so far. Not all of them will be a success but I like these signings more then the Misics, Petrovics, Gerson Magroas of the world for example.

I dont think we should pay that much for a coach like JJ (especially because we dont have the money) but Keizer is a massive downgrade. I really hope they get the next coach right because this has/will (potentially) turn into yet another wasted season.

Porto have a bang average squad and second place is there for the taking but I dont see it happening with this coach.

Dost and Luiz Phellype simply are not good enough for a team wanting to be a contender/Champion.

Lastly Vietto needs to play down the middle but even then I dont think he will do well as a loan striker. He came 2 years too late because in JJ formation and model he would have banged in goals left and right in my opinion. He is not cut to play a 4-3-3. Speaking about Formation I find it alarming that Keizer has not tested any plan B formations in these pre season games besides his pragmatic 4-3-3. Also getting rid of Matheus Pereira simply makes no sense to me at all. Some things you just can explain with this club.
I don’t have any doubt he will stay until the end of the season. After that unless the team shows improvements he probably will be replaced. Don’t forget the domestic League is very unbalanced, you can play shit during the entire season and the worst thing it can happen is to fight for the third place with Braga.

By the way I am against replacing coaches during the season, in this case I am saying now unless the team improves a lot I want someone better at the end of the season.

Better wait and see, I am not going to follow the next game, I am starting to fear everytime we play a stronger team.