Portuguese Football 2019/20

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I don’t have any doubt he will stay until the end of the season. After that unless the team shows improvements he probably will be replaced. Don’t forget the domestic League is very unbalanced, you can play shit during the entire season and the worst thing it can happen is to fight for the third place with Braga.

By the way I am against replacing coaches during the season, in this case I am saying now unless the team improves a lot I want someone better at the end of the season.

Better wait and see, I am not going to follow the next game, I am starting to fear everytime we play a stronger team.
Ya I mean I am going to watch the Liverpool game but my only hope is that we don't get embarrassed for everyone to see.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I hope Conceição gives some minutes to Fabio Silva and Tomas Esteves during the season. They are to good to only play Youth League or B team games. Incredible potential this 2 have.

SportingCP96

Supports
Gone are the days where we had youth players to be excited about.

Maybe Joelson? but compared to the others I dont know.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Gone are the days where we had youth players to be excited about.

Maybe Joelson? but compared to the others I dont know.
Eduardo Quaresma for the future. Mark my words.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Looks like a future captain as well.
And he was captain for Portugal under 17 too. Think he will play a lot of games for the under 23’s, I think he has more potential than Joelson, only my opinion.

SportingCP96

Supports
And he was captain for Portugal under 17 too. Think he will play a lot of games for the under 23’s, I think he has more potential than Joelson, only my opinion.
From the kids who played in pre season Quaresma and Nuno Mendes impressed the most. I also liked Plata and think he can be special.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Starting to feel a bit over-confident on the pre-season. You guys and Porto seem miles away from being a functional team TBH. I would rather have 3 strong teams TBH, no fun watching a less competitive league.

If we manage to hire a RB, we can finally have a very balanced squad to compete in all fronts. About the keeper issue, strange deal, despite being a good solid keeper. It's not a major improvement TBH and I guess he will only compete next season.

About Carlos Vinicius deal: I liked him as a player and I think he would end up in a big three sooner or later. I just think we have several players for the same position, which can create conflicts within the team.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
More transfers "news":
West Ham is interested in João Palhinha. Quite surprising since he isn't even a main team player at Braga, but rather a rotational option.

Brahimi moving to Qatar is a huge shock. I know he's getting a big paycheck, but with so many top clubs interested on him...

Matheus Pereira might move to WBA. I can actually see it happening TBH, mainly because the player is not assured that will be a part of the club's plan for next season.

SportingCP96

Supports
Is he ever going to try something new? AGAIN Vietto at LW and Ilori at RB:lol: Feck my life and this coach @SCP

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Is he ever going to try something new? AGAIN Vietto at LW and Ilori at RB:lol: Feck my life and this coach @SCP
A bit of a random request but I'm visiting Lisbon late this year and want to do tours of both the big stadiums as they have been personal favourites of mine (from an architectural point of view) for some time.

I've found the place to book tickets for the Da Luz but spent about an hour trying for the Jose Alvalade with no luck, is there any chance you know where I should be looking? Any help would be much appreciated!

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
A bit of a random request but I'm visiting Lisbon late this year and want to do tours of both the big stadiums as they have been personal favourites of mine (from an architectural point of view) for some time.

I've found the place to book tickets for the Da Luz but spent about an hour trying for the Jose Alvalade with no luck, is there any chance you know where I should be looking? Any help would be much appreciated!
That's some odd taste pal. Best stadiums are all up north.

SportingCP96

Supports

I actually did that this winter for Sporting stadium. You can actually call them yourself and let them know you would like to do a full tour of the stadium and they give you the full details. They take you through thr dressing room, presidential area, the museum as well as being able to step on the pitch and take some great pictures.

Like I said I simply just called them and it was quite easy. Any other questions let me know I will be glad to help if I could.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I actually did that this winter for Sporting stadium. You can actually call them yourself and let them know you would like to do a full tour of the stadium and they give you the full details. They take you through thr dressing room, presidential area, the museum as well as being able to step on the pitch and take some great pictures.

Like I said I simply just called them and it was quite easy. Any other questions let me know I will be glad to help if I could.
Ideal I will look into that, thankyou for your help.

That's some odd taste pal. Best stadiums are all up north.
Haha :D

In all seriousness though I've been there and done that as far as The Dragao's concerned, made a week of it in the 1-1 draw between our clubs in 2007 ,did the tour and the match.

SportingCP96

Supports
1st half was an interesting one. Seemed to try a different formation but one that clearly does not work. Had some decent chances but yet again that defense...wow.

Ilori might actually be the worst player I have ever seen play for Sporting.

Vietto 7.5M:houllier:

SportingCP96

Supports
FT: 2-2 and they far exceeded my expectation for this game.

Out of all the games this was by far our best one. We created a wide variety of chances and could have scored more goals. Bruno (World Class!) and Wendel were by far the best players tonight. Also Thierry played very well when he came on which once again begs the question on why Ilori has been starting at right back? Vietto as well just not good enough and Doumbia grew as the game went on.

First half we played a 4-4-2 variant it seemed with Bruno on the left and Vietto down the middle with Phellype. It worked in spurts but overall it lacked width and real creativity bar Bruno. Vietto was invisible. Defense again has zero coordination and looks like another season of conceding many goals. Also Neto has proven himself to be a solid player.

Also Raphinha has been shambolic and Plata deserved to get the nod over him but for sure Raphinha will be the starter come crunch time.

Overall against the European champions with there starting team you cant be too upset with this performance. FINALLY a game which showed some bits of promise.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Rosier and Ristovsi injured. But yes would like to see Thierry there instead. I think today there was more positive things than before, let’s see because we don’t know if Fernandes will stay or not... chill.

SportingCP96

Supports
Rosier and Ristovsi injured. But yes would like to see Thierry there instead. I think today there was more positive things than before, let’s see because we don’t know if Fernandes will stay or not... chill.
Chill about what?

Yes I hope Rosier is good enough to be a starter because I dont like Risto(not that he is a bad player though) at all and would like to see Theirry get minutes instead of him.

As for today this was the first and only pre season game where we showed some positive stuff so hopefully we continue that vs Valencia.

As for Bruno what can I say. He is levels above anyone in our league and probably the best Sporting player of the last 15 years. Fecking brilliant player.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Chill about what?

Yes I hope Rosier is good enough to be a starter because I dont like Risto(not that he is a bad player though) at all and would like to see Theirry get minutes instead of him.

As for today this was the first and only pre season game where we showed some positive stuff so hopefully we continue that vs Valencia.

As for Bruno what can I say. He is levels above anyone in our league and probably the best Sporting player of the last 15 years. Fecking brilliant player.
About the team. Of course I doubt Bruno will stay. The biggest feckup they did was to sign Ilori, and this Doumbia doesn’t impress me much. We have only one more game before the Supercup I guess.

SportingCP96

Supports
About the team. Of course I doubt Bruno will stay. The biggest feckup they did was to sign Ilori, and this Doumbia doesn’t impress me much. We have only one more game before the Supercup I guess.
We dont have a starting caliber CDM and that I very worrying. I hope we make some moves still.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
We dont have a starting caliber CDM and that I very worrying. I hope we make some moves still.
Jesus after reviewing the game, how abominable is Ilori? And Dost is useless.

Another news who are really hard to explain is that they are going to loan Bragança to Estoril while Miguel Luís stays.

All in all, we know the defensive problems we have but this was our best performance so far.

The problem is if they sell Bruno we have a big problem, who is going to replace him.

SportingCP96

Supports
Jesus after reviewing the game, how abominable is Ilori? And Dost is useless.

Another news who are really hard to explain is that they are going to loan Bragança to Estoril while Miguel Luís stays.

All in all, we know the defensive problems we have but this was our best performance so far.

The problem is if they sell Bruno we have a big problem, who is going to replace him.
The whole play literally ALL of it runs through him and that is scary because no one else in our team or league comes close to the quality he had.

I was actually really impressed with Wendel he was fantastic this game.

You mentioned Dost and I agree but I want ti mention our front line as a whole. Besides Bruno who the hell is going to get us goal? we don't have a quality goal scorer and in 4 friendlies our strikers have a combined ZERO goals. That is a big problem.

All in all as I stated last night this was BY FAR our best performance and the passing play for the second goal was beautiful. Yet again though this team cant defend and it has nothing to do with the players but rather the coach. I cant see us getting many clean sheets this season. I hope to see Rosier Sunday and Plata I hope gets a chance to shine. That kid is a diamond.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The whole play literally ALL of it runs through him and that is scary because no one else in our team or league comes close to the quality he had.

I was actually really impressed with Wendel he was fantastic this game.

You mentioned Dost and I agree but I want ti mention our front line as a whole. Besides Bruno who the hell is going to get us goal? we don't have a quality goal scorer and in 4 friendlies our strikers have a combined ZERO goals. That is a big problem.

All in all as I stated last night this was BY FAR our best performance and the passing play for the second goal was beautiful. Yet again though this team cant defend and it has nothing to do with the players but rather the coach. I cant see us getting many clean sheets this season. I hope to see Rosier Sunday and Plata I hope gets a chance to shine. That kid is a diamond.
After reviewing the game I don’t know if you noticed but Keizer put Vietto more centrally while BF was moved to the left, I hope Vietto improves during the season, if not play him as a false 9 or something else.

By the way not everything was negative, Luis Phelype clearly adds more to the team than Dost, while Wendel showed more. Oh and I am not a big fan of Raphinha too.

I know Ilori was a dumb signing but playing him as fullback shows lack of intelligence by Keizer.

This and the space between the midfield and defence. Oh and your beloved JJ lost yesterday in Equador, I doubt he will survive in Brazil.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Only now noticed Santa Clara hired Lincoln. A potential young kid to keep an eye on it. He's going to be a very good midfielder for them.

Portimonense also hired Anzai, a very decent left back who might become an important part of their team. Maeda is also a very good adition. Portimonense seems to have a scout with an eye for japanese market.

Ouro-Sama can be a good adition to Belenenses squad. Comes on a loan from Lille.

SportingCP96

Supports
Didn’t watch the game today so I can’t say much.

What I will say is 6 games 0 wins 11 goals conceded!

Next week the serious games start....let’s see what kind of lesson benfica are going to teach us.

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal

New Kits.

Also hope we get a great result tomorrow. I'm going to miss tomorrows game because of vacation but i'm confident on a win

SportingCP96

Supports

New Kits.

Also hope we get a great result tomorrow. I'm going to miss tomorrows game because of vacation but i'm confident on a win
I really like the home kit! The fading green with the all white goes great !

SportingCP96

Supports
We also have stripes in the stripes. We are the club with most stripes per jersey. :D

I also like the home kit. Probably going to get one
I think it’s quite beautiful I wound get it if I was a fan of Setúbal.

SportingCP96

Supports
I mentioned and gave warning to ALL of this way way back in the Club Brugge game and people said "its pre season" "overreacting".

Well here you go. I must be a fecking prophet.

This team does not DEFEND! This team attacks as good as a Jose PeZERO side.

Keizer will be sacked before Christmas (I hope) and hopefully the people running the club go soon after.

Last comment until I am at the Jose Alvalade stadium on the 18th of August. The Maritimo game is a foregone conclusion.

SportingCP96

Supports
The last time I felt this feeling was in 12/13. I actually feel sick watching this and realizing this is only the beginning.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Mathieu can never play a game in a Sporting shirt again after this. Ever.

Look at him for the 4 last goals ffs. It would be revolting enough if he just wasn’t putting any effort in rather than purposefully putting effort on the other team scoring.