Portuguese Football 2019/20

Moorie86

Must be top 3 with Portugal and Greece then because I have never seen anything like what happens in the Portuguese league. It is shocking.
Top 3 for sure. The big two are looked after here some decisions that went against us last year against The Rangers in one our games was unreal. You have refs being photographed out with fans from the teams as well

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
vs Sporting, Braga play like its the fecking CL Final. Vs Benfica? 6-2, 4-0, 3-0.....they truly are Benfica B

SportingCP96

Supports
The N'Dinga case. I know, I know, it was way back in 87 but we have this animosity going since then.
:lol: Fair enough...I love there fan base and the potential the club has to grow ala Braga.

SportingCP96

Supports
Jesus the Sporting circus continues, Leaving everything until the last minute along with selling our soul to the devil in Jorge Mendes.

Diaby --> Besiktas
Raphinha --> Rennes
Thierry Correia --> Valencia for "12M" Mendes money
Bruno --> Real Madrid (?)

The rumored players to come in are that of the level of a rec league. Jesus Christ we fell harder and faster than I thought with BDC leaving.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
How can Lage insist on Seferovic? He's so bad. RDT placed 3 goals for him on a platter and he squandered all of them. He's the worst striker Benfica has had starting regularly since the 1990s. Please god make it stop!

SportingCP96

Supports
How can Lage insist on Seferovic? He's so bad. RDT placed 3 goals for him on a platter and he squandered all of them. He's the worst striker Benfica has had starting regularly since the 1990s. Please god make it stop!
He is Benfica version of Marega. Both horrible players but are good enough for our shit league.

P4rthen0n

Supports
Benfica
Seferovic was good last year, but he's been atrocious this year.
Nobody understands why the coach keeps him on the starting 11.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting Sporting have got Vietto in. Obviously problems at other end but I think long term that could be a really good signing and get his career back on track. Remember that fantastic year he had at Villareal, Atletico Madrid then snapped him up and he couldn't break through. Loans to Sevilla and Fulham started off o.k but soon fizzled out, think Fulham were playing him left wing most times.

Play him centrally and he will score plenty of goals.

SportingCP96

Supports
Interesting Sporting have got Vietto in. Obviously problems at other end but I think long term that could be a really good signing and get his career back on track. Remember that fantastic year he had at Villareal, Atletico Madrid then snapped him up and he couldn't break through. Loans to Sevilla and Fulham started off o.k but soon fizzled out, think Fulham were playing him left wing most times.

Play him centrally and he will score plenty of goals.
In a 2 striker formation I think he can have a season like in Villareal. The problem is our coach who goes by the name of Kaio likes to play him on the wing because to be quite frank he's a complete idiot.

We also sold Raphinha and replaced him with a shite of a player named Fernando from Shaktar that even on Youtube he looks like shit. Bless his soul.

We are also about to sign a Jese Rodriguez on Loan who has not even played real football for about 5 Years and likes to party more than anything.

Did I mention we sold Thierry Correia for god knows what reason?

Oh there is good news so here we go...Diaby is finally gone which is almost as good as winning a league title and at the time of writing this we have managed to keep hold of Bruno Fernandes (so far). I almost feel bad for him though because somehow we actually managed to have a worse squad then the one of last season. It will take another 30 goal season for us to sniff even a third place spot in the league. Oh and we only have 1 striker in our whole squad. AND only one DM.

Kill me.

SportingCP96

Supports
Bruno stays!! Probably will be the highest point of our season :lol: I feel bad for the bastard.

Besides that I feel numb for this season. Varandas and Keizer are about as good as Godinho Lopes and Vercautren.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
We sold Raphinha then went panic mode and signed 3 different random wingers in one day. Bolasie, Jey M and some dude called Fernando from Shakhtar

Someone should tell this board they're meant to find reinforcements for Sporting, not for Urban (Lisbon nightclub)

SportingCP96

Supports
We sold Raphinha then went panic mode and signed 3 different random wingers in one day. Bolasie, Jey M and some dude called Fernando from Shakhtar

Someone should tell this board they're meant to find reinforcements for Sporting, not for Urban (Lisbon nightclub)
All terrible signings. We literally have a worst squad then last season which even to me is a surprise.

SportingCP96

Supports
Keizer is gone!!! This is a day of celebration!

The day Varandas leaves will be as if we won a league title!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nice goal by Bruno Tavares for the under 18’s.
Goal and assist by Camacho for the under 20’s.
Lineup for the under 21’s. No surprise Bragança is called up to the under 21’s after being completely ignored by Hélio for the under 17’s/19/20’s. Moronic decision to loan him to Estoril while Miguel Luis is doing nothing there.

Oh, and we better at least pick a point at Serbia. And someone should have explained to Santos that while it’s true we don’t have many number 9’s, Gonçalo Paciência can be part of that group, instead calling up players like Dyego Sousa in the past whose reason to be called only can be explained to sell a Mendes player for China.

Only a idiot can say things like this without being called out. We cannot expect much from a football federation who gave the futsal team of the year award to Benfica and coach of the year to Joel Rocha in the year Sporting won the UEFA futsal cup. Joke of the year. :lol:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This group won’t be easy, we still have to play against Norway and Netherlands. Another promising generation imo.
Regarding this qualification, we just need 8 points from the next 4 games, the game in Ukraine will be interesting.

Congratulations to Santos, even not being a fan I recognise he was necessary to give stability to the team, even thinking after 2020 we need someone to develop his work.

@Peyroteo I told you to not be worried regarding our future, even if it it’s true we may not be producing individual players on the same level as Ronaldo, but at every age group we have consistent results.

Only 3 specific positions need a upgrade. Gk, LFBK and CBK, the rest is guaranteed for the next decade. Not bad for a country of our size and the number of players we can recruit. ;)

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
From what I've read the U21 have been winning but been far from convincing even against Gibraltar. I think they can get results but I'm really unsure about some of those players turning into something special at senior level.

As for the A team I'd like us to qualify before the last match in Luxembourg as it could easily turn into a tricky game if we need a win. The game in Kiev should be great as Ukraine have shown a high level in this qualification.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
From what I've read the U21 have been winning but been far from convincing even against Gibraltar. I think they can get results but I'm really unsure about some of those players turning into something special at senior level.

As for the A team I'd like us to qualify before the last match in Luxembourg as it could easily turn into a tricky game if we need a win. The game in Kiev should be great as Ukraine have shown a high level in this qualification.
That game against Gibraltar doesn’t tell nothing about the future. It was played with second lines. Believe me, I follow youth football since the 90’s and the level now is higher, not even close.

The only 3 positions where I think we need to improve is developing goalkeepers, left fullbacks and centerbacks, no reason at all to doubt that.

SportingCP96

Supports
As I said before Jorge Jesus is the best Portuguese coach currently active BY FAR. Has a big ego but his teams instantly perform and are tactically sound.

Flamengo have been brilliant and they have quite a team.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
As I said before Jorge Jesus is the best Portuguese coach currently active BY FAR. Has a big ego but his teams instantly perform and are tactically sound.

I'm back from vacations (unfortunately). Still gutted to loose against Porto because our squad has great options and depth.
On the other hand, Porto's squad is technically limited and is clearly weaker than last season, which will cost them points in the long run.

About Jorge Jesus : despite what many people from my club say, he is a brilliant manager.
He instilled a competitive mentality in the club which we never saw after 93/94.
He developed amazing players : David Luiz was awful in his first season, Di Maria was very irregular and a lot of times inconsequente, and Matic came as a back up attacking midfielder and ended up becoming one of the world's best defensive midfielders for several seasons.
People bring the argument about Bernardo Silva: Benfica had for his position Markovic and Salvio who were very solid players. Markovic made such a stunning season he ended at Liverpool.
The decision to play him as left back was from necessity due to our lack of cover in that position. Add the fact that Bernardo stamina was already something eye catching, it seems a reasonable decision. Afterall, he made Coentrao into a very competent left back.

JustABall

Gabigol has been brilliant back in Brazil. He must be due a Brazil call up again soon.

He's still only 23, so maybe he can turn things around at Inter after this loan move.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Gabigol has been brilliant back in Brazil. He must be due a Brazil call up again soon.

He's still only 23, so maybe he can turn things around at Inter after this loan move.
Jorge Jesus game model favors the forwards who offer width and depth, which is something Gabriel does very well. Not only he has the ability to create openings for through passes, he's actually quite good playing wide.

SportingCP96

Supports

Him and some others too! Arrascaeta, Gerson, Everton Ribeiro, and Bruno Hnerique have all been outstanding. They have a brilliant team it must be said.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
:lol:

3 penalties and 2 own goals by Coates in 3 games. Not even mad at that, that's amazing

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Literally get rid of everyone ffs. Every single person involved in this needs to go and never return.

Worst part is that we're so bad I didn't even care about the result and laughed at the own goal instead of insulting Coates' mother for 10 minutes.