Portuguese Football 2019/20

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Out of interest is Matheus Pereira rated at Sporting?

Pretty much everyone involved at West Brom can't believe how good he is and why he got loaned out. I was surprised to see he's 23 so not a kid and would've had chances at Sporting in previous season.

Beyond top 3 aswell level between championship and Liga Soares isn't hugely different so interested what my Sporting friends opinions on him are.

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...ng-samba-style-to-west-brom-from-the-streets/
If by being rated by people who actually follow youth football and knew the player had potential? Yes.

If being rated means the idiots who run the club and the the coaches who apparently didn’t knew how to take his best from him? No.

He already had 2 good seasons previously on loan, maybe a difficult personality to handle, but no surprise Bilic is taking the best from him, and the mandatory clause is a bargain.

If we had decent management he would be our second best player after Bruno Fernandes, but our leadership is composed by idiots who already last season sold Demiral for peanuts to Turkey and he already is at Juventus.

World class scouting I guess.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Deserved defeat against Ukraine. Terrible game by João Mário and Felix was a wasted substitution.
Great game by Danilo : the only player 100% competitive. Recovered dozens of passes and was probably the better player driving the ball forward.

SLBenfica1904

Supports
SLBenfica
Unbelievable how Pepe, at 36 is still by large margin our best centre back. I don't think we played that bad. The subs turned out really bad, especially Felix and Bruma.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I think this was an important game to understand what not to do, who is a good option and who isn't.

Bruma isn't good enough to be new Quaresma option off the bench, I bet even now Quaresma would add more. The defense is nowhere near as solid as it used to be, Guedes ahead of Felix 100%... also, was I the only one that actually liked João Mário? Don't think he should start but he should always make the squad imo. Semedo has been great and should keep starting, William is the star of that midfield and Danilo is a beast for these games...

They'll get lots of criticism for this but it was far from terrible, on another day it's a comfortable win.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Didn't watch the game but from what I'm hearing it's a miracle how Ukraine got 4pts from two games against us.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I think this was an important game to understand what not to do, who is a good option and who isn't.

Bruma isn't good enough to be new Quaresma option off the bench, I bet even now Quaresma would add more. The defense is nowhere near as solid as it used to be, Guedes ahead of Felix 100%... also, was I the only one that actually liked João Mário? Don't think he should start but he should always make the squad imo. Semedo has been great and should keep starting, William is the star of that midfield and Danilo is a beast for these games...

They'll get lots of criticism for this but it was far from terrible, on another day it's a comfortable win.
Bruma lacks objectivity. He dribbles, and dribbles and then he dribble again. he had several chances to cross or cut inside, but instead he went for the dribble.

The defense needs to be refurbished, but it's going to be difficult due to Santos being conservative on choices, and his usual suspects are getting older.

Danilo was our MVP for me: aggressive, recoveries, driving forward: him and William in a double pivot is going to be a very good midfielder.

Guedes works hard, but lacks end product. We lack a player to provide us quality width, unfortunately.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Didn't watch the game but from what I'm hearing it's a miracle how Ukraine got 4pts from two games against us.
A bit of exagerating: we made plenty of shots, but most of those chances were either by individual effort or middle distance shooting.
Ukraine actually had better chances and was much more dangerous and organized when going forward. The game was lost until the PK came.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Unbelievable how Pepe, at 36 is still by large margin our best centre back. I don't think we played that bad. The subs turned out really bad, especially Felix and Bruma.
He makes a few mistakes because he's the only one aggressive enough to go forward and try to anticipate the play, but his 36 y.o. legs betray him sometimes. He has a proactive personality when defending, which explains his long term success in Madrid.

The other center backs are too reactive and that is never a good thing when facing either teams with strong physical forwards or highly skilled ones.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Out of interest is Matheus Pereira rated at Sporting?

Pretty much everyone involved at West Brom can't believe how good he is and why he got loaned out. I was surprised to see he's 23 so not a kid and would've had chances at Sporting in previous season.

Beyond top 3 aswell level between championship and Liga Soares isn't hugely different so interested what my Sporting friends opinions on him are.

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...ng-samba-style-to-west-brom-from-the-streets/
Great Great talent no doubt about it. The only reason he was not given a chance here is because this club is run by a steaming pile of dog shit.

There is no way Matheus does not start at Sporting ahead of the crap we have. West from have a "craque" on their hands. He would be our second best player.

He is not the quickest winger but he has fantastic technical ability and bags of skills. He is creative as well and often likes to cut inside and look for a better passing option or a shooting opportunity. Tends to like cutting in and shooting and has a decent shot on him as well.

SportingCP96

Supports
Imagine having to sub in Bruno Fernandes in the second half to beat the mighty Alverca.

SportingCP96

Supports
varanadas deserves the death penalty.

YOUR KILLING THIS CLUB!!! YOU CNUT!

SportingCP96

Supports
This has got to me one of if not the lowest point as a Sporting fan. There is a real chance we finish 7th place this season.

I hope varandas leaves the stadium in an ambulance. A starting XI composed of all players he bought.

Also I want to take this time to say thank you to the 71% of Sporting fans who made this possible. Those dumbasses deserve a golden star for sure. They are in fact a special breed. This club is fecked from top to the bottom.

Bruno Fernandes should force an exit in January.

Goodnight and Varanadas I hope you don't wake up tomorrow.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
This is painful to watch even for a rival fan like me.
The team can barely function and despite not being a title winning squad, it's still top 3 quality.
Silas will have to hold all season because I don't think no reputable manager will risk their career by managing Sporting at this point.

SportingCP96

Supports
Vietto showing what he can do when he is confident.

Sadly the Famalicao "title hopes" died today:houllier::lol:

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Finally a good performance by Sporting. Still a lot to improve, but at least we start to see a team who wants to press and recover.

SportingCP96

Supports
I am numb to all of this. I am too exhausted to even be mad anymore. This is a joke.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Is there any way to change the Supports: part of my profile to Famalicão for the rest of the season?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Canelas 2010, a team made out of Porto Ultras founded in 2010, has advanced to the quarter finals of the portuguese cup and has a big chance of playing either Benfica or Porto which either way would result in one of the most hilarious games of football ever given they'd lose on purpose vs Porto and would go into the Benfica game with the goal of trying to break as many legs as possible.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Canelas 2010, a team made out of Porto Ultras founded in 2010, has advanced to the quarter finals of the portuguese cup and has a big chance of playing either Benfica or Porto which either way would result in one of the most hilarious games of football ever given they'd lose on purpose vs Porto and would go into the Benfica game with the goal of trying to break as many legs as possible.
Damn, didn't know about this. If they broke a few of them legs it would be only fair!

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

:lol:

Best part about this one is that it probably wouldn’t even make a top 5 list of mistakes this ref has made against us. No clue how he’s still allowed to ref our games

SportingCP96

Supports

:lol:

Best part about this one is that it probably wouldn’t even make a top 5 list of mistakes this ref has made against us. No clue how he’s still allowed to ref our games
Last night was disgusting. I for the first time this season was proud of how they fought back and managed to qualify in those circumstances.

The Federation better remove that red card. It is a joke if they watch that replay and still think the red card is valid. I hate this league.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Portuguese League Revelations (not pointing the usual ones, off course)
Player NameClubDOBPositionReasoning
Luis DiazPorto13/01/1997 (22 yo)LW / LCMMost of this season Porto's hirings were bellow par, but this guy is the real deal: hardworker, skilled, great vision and his shooting is actually very good. He's already caped 13 times for Colombia NT,which is something significant if you bare in mind this NT is usually very conservative on calling the players. I really think this fella has a bright future ahead of him.
Romário BaróPorto25/01/2000 (19 yo)CMUntil it's injury, this guy was being one of the best mf of the whole league. He took a nasty challenge who caused a severe ankle trauma, so let's see how will this affect his career. But he is a very very hot prospect, ridiculously talented for his age.
Carlos ViniciusBenfica22/03/1995 (24 yo)STThis guy took a while to lift, but he's showing to be a very good all round poacher. Not a complete forward, but he's fast, strong and skilled, which make him a very dangerous players mainly on vertical transitions.
GalenoBraga22/10/1997 (22 yo)LWAs I stated early, I think Porto made a terrible mistake here, because this guy is a very good player. Yes, he's a bit rough technically, but he works hard, is very determined and his offball movement is extremely clever. The numbers speak for him.
PaulinhoBraga09/11/1992 (27 yo)STHe's confirming that he is actually a very reliable powerful striker, and that he's not dependent on team form to score goals. He will end up in one of the top 3 next season max, because he is a very handful player to have.
Edmond TapsobaVitória SC02/02/1999 (20 yo)CBThis kid seems to have it all to become a very good center back. Physically is a beast, has power and speed and he's actually quite skilled for a CB to the point that he's the official PK of the team, despite being a defender and so young.
Marcus EdwardsVitória SC03/12/1998 (21 yo)LW/RWLoaned by Spurs, this kid is showing to be a livewire on the ball: good dribling, explosive and has always an eye on the goal. I do think he will be a part of an EPL team next season if he keeps his level.
Mehdi TaremiRio Ave18/07/1992 (27 yo)STI had posted about this fella before, because this guy had a very solid career at Asian football and even at Iran NT. He's showing to be a very valuable player by either scoring and assisting. If he continues to play like this, i really doubt he stays here because his level is quite good.
Gustavo AssunçãoFamalicão30/03/2000 (19 yo)DMFormed in Atletico Madrid youth system, signed for Famalicão on a free transfer. He is not a complete anchor in tmers that he can make marellous through passes from deep, but rather a hardworking energetic defensive midfielder that will give a lot of energy to the team.
Nehuen PérezFamalicão24/06/2000 (19 yo)CBEyes on this fella: he's still raw, but with hard-work he can become a top club player. Still need to climb some steps, though, but he has very good qualities for a defender.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The centre backs who should start for us at the Euros are Ferro/Dias, they are used to play together and Pepe/Fonte are declining, anyway sooner or later it will happen. And Ferro is better than Dias anyway.

Regarding Tapsoba I can see Vitória receiving good money for him, would be great for us but he probably will go to a stronger league.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just seen Moussa Marega has scored for Porto at Sporting.

Is he good enough for the premier league? We've been linked to him although not sure how strong the interest is.

I actually thought he'd played for West Ham but that was of course Modibo Maiga...

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Both teams are rebuilding their teams, with Porto having a relative edge.
I do think Sporting did well on the ball, but they missed many chances.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Just seen Moussa Marega has scored for Porto at Sporting.

Is he good enough for the premier league? We've been linked to him although not sure how strong the interest is.

I actually thought he'd played for West Ham but that was of course Modibo Maiga...
He would do it at Premier League. He's not an outstanding player but he could perform well on a top 8 club or could become a good B plan for top clubs.
He has power, pace and he's very disciplined that his manager places him both as striker or winger.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The yellow card that takes Coates out of the Benfica derby pretty much sums this league up. What a complete joke. We'll play Ilori now :lol:

Literally every single Sporting fan could have called it before the game too. Now we'll protest the suspension and the FA will laugh in our faces.

Penalty not called, red forgiven. We can't get one call our way the entire second half... handballs, corners wrongly given, offsides not called, throw-ins going the wrong way. Literally doesn't get anything right. The game is completely irrelevant, I didn't even care coming into this but the ref is so blatantly biased against us he actually made me care so I guess I should thank him for that

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Jesé is so shit it's unbelievable. How the hell did he used to play for Real Madrid...