Portuguese Football 2019/20

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Jesé is so shit it's unbelievable. How the hell did he used to play for Real Madrid...
Its funny.....I used to think Diaby was the worst player I had ever seen play for Sporting.....and then I saw Jese play for Sporting. Now I have no doubt he is the worst player I have ever seen wear the green and white. Like truly what does he offer? At least Diaby had pace :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
The yellow card that takes Coates out of the Benfica derby pretty much sums this league up. What a complete joke. We'll play Ilori now :lol:

Literally every single Sporting fan could have called it before the game too. Now we'll protest the suspension and the FA will laugh in our faces.

Penalty not called, red forgiven. We can't get one call our way the entire second half... handballs, corners wrongly given, offsides not called, throw-ins going the wrong way. Literally doesn't get anything right. The game is completely irrelevant, I didn't even care coming into this but the ref is so blatantly biased against us he actually made me care so I guess I should thank him for that
We were going to lose with or without Coates and we are just completing calendar at this point so my feeling this season has been I don't give a feck

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Seems every game between the big 3 ends 0-0 or is very very low scoring from last three seasons.

Porto-Braga was great earlier. Porto missed two pens, first one went down the middle but keeper's diving boot somehow got it away. Then second one hit the post. Even them Soares got it back to 1-1 and amused Porto would step it up and win but great win for Braga, got over their dodgy start to the season now.

van Hooijdonk

Job done. 7 pts clear at the top. Rafa Silva was the super sub tonight. Very good assists by Vinicius and Seferovic, too.

SportingCP96

Supports
Job done. 7 pts clear at the top. Rafa Silva was the super sub tonight. Very good assists by Vinicius and Seferovic, too.
Congrats on the title. League practically ended today.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm sold to Romário Baró. The kid is going to be a top player. Good he healed well from his injury.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
A few interesting players of Portuguese Liga Pro (Championship equivalent)

NamePositionClubObservations
VitinhaAttacking MidfielderFC Porto BThis kid is doing a fantastic season. He is a creative midfielder that loves to show up from behind, scoring a good number of goals and creating spaces. His speed, dribbling and balance make him a good ball carrier.
Daniel BragançaCenter midfielderEstoril (loaned by Sporting)Another young player showing excellency. This guy, despite being a midfielder more oriented for the defensive process, he has some very good qualities. Despite being relatively short, he's can handle the physical duels quite well and he's quite good at passing and distributing. Needs to become more aggressive, though
André LuízStrikerGD Chaveshired to Figueirense this season, he's showing to be a very good striker. Not sure he will become a top team player, but certainly has enough quality to make it at Primeira Liga, but not only he scores goals, but also he gets involved a lot on the team build-up.
Leonardo RuízStrikerVarzim (Loaned by Sporting)A very interesting revelation, IMHO. has an eye for the goal and a good overall play. Has enough quality to playe in the EPL, and I'm pretty sure he would d a better job than Jesé :P Should join a Primeira Liga club next season.
Levi LumekaLeft WingerVarzimPlayer captured at England from Crystal Palace ranks, this winger is showing to be a promising hiring. Still has to improve his passing a bit, though. But he's very explosive.
JoelLeft BackMafraAready 28, but this shows that the Primeira Liga clubs should really pay more atention to the lower leagues. This guy is a very decent left back that would do a good job at a midtable club of Primeira Liga.
BonaniWinger or Support StrikerThis player is very interesting. He's not a player that scores a lot or assists a lot, but he's very proactive and most of the team game goes through his feet and eyes. A very interesting player to follow up.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Someone kill this football club already and put me out of my misery please

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Disgusting.

We tie 1-1 against fecking Rio Ave with 10 minutes to go and spend the final 10 minutes not pressing them at all and without being able to leave our own half.

Get this shit president out of the club, this shit manager out of the club and those shit players out of the club. Get rid of every single person involved with the club, they're a disgrace.

Bolasie is the only one that can leave the stadium with his head high. Him and the fans who were great from start to finish.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Disgusting.

We tie 1-1 against fecking Rio Ave with 10 minutes to go and spend the final 10 minutes not pressing them at all and without being able to leave our own half.

Get this shit president out of the club, this shit manager out of the club and those shit players out of the club. Get rid of every single person involved with the club, they're a disgrace.

Bolasie is the only one that can leave the stadium with his head high. Him and the fans who were great from start to finish.
:lol::lol::lol: Varandas Out is a must!

SportingCP96

Supports
Disgusting.

71% of the fans have themselves to blame for helping in the murder of the club.

Varandas is just the face, a puppet, he does not run the club, other people do. He’s an idiot who probably can’t tie his own shoes.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
71% of the fans have themselves to blame for helping in the murder of the club.

Varandas is just the face, a puppet, he does not run the club, other people do. He’s an idiot who probably can’t tie his own shoes.
I heard the theory by some Sporting fans that Raul José is the man pulling the strings.

SportingCP96

Supports
I heard the theory by some Sporting fans that Raul José is the man pulling the strings.
Maybe, but I would bet my life savings varandas is not running shit at the club. Under BDC we had a guy who went against the order and they made sure he was properly removed (granted he was not perfect) he was the best president sporting have had in the last 20 years.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Maybe, but I would bet my life savings varandas is not running shit at the club. Under BDC we had a guy who went against the order and they made sure he was properly removed (granted he was not perfect) he was the best president sporting have had in the last 20 years.
I look at Varandas as a transitional chairman, nothing more. After this disastrous season he should really resign: his manager appointment were terrible and scouting department signed a good number of coxos. Can't even make fun because this makes me remind Benfica from the 90's, where fans were fighting against each other and Benfica were hiring gems like Rojas, Tote, Pringle, ad infinitum. There have been presidents with much better results who resigned.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
@SportingCP96 with channel 11 transmitting several lower division games, I noticed that Daniel Bragança is doing a very good loan season at Estoril. I think him and Palhinha could stay in the squad next season.

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 with channel 11 transmitting several lower division games, I noticed that Daniel Bragança is doing a very good loan season at Estoril. I think him and Palhinha could stay in the squad next season.
I don’t trust them in making the right moves.

Palhinha has been fantastic for Braga and he should be our 6 next season. We should go with a team based on Youth and some experience, play the kids and develop them and have some experienced players with them to help them grow.

SportingCP96

Supports
How is Šporar doing after the move to Portugal?
2 goals in 6 games, he is showing some decent stuff but he won’t be a world beater. 7M was way too much for him but it is what it is. I think he will be a worse version of Ricky Van Wolfswinkel for Sporting.

We will need a different type of striker in the summer.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
How is Šporar doing after the move to Portugal?
So and so. Not a player that will make a difference, but it has some nice ball control, is actually faster than I expected, and his first touch is actually very decent. I do think his offball attributes are a bit poor: he seems lost in the field and on defensive duties and despite him making some effort, his actions feel very a bit disjointed, but that might come with the adaption. Should clearly be more aggressive though, defenders in PT league are a bit rough and it looks that sometimes he let himself become a bit intimidated.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I like Sporar, his movement in the box is good and it's obvious he'll score goals as long as we play half decently.

He lacks the fire that south american strikers usually have though. Needs to get stuck in and wind up the defenders into making mistakes.

Hopefully he's not just a different version of Van Wolfwinkel

SportingCP96

Supports
Whoever was stupid enough to vote this man as the president of the club should go support another team. Congrats on voting a terrorist cnut as the man leading the club.

You have as much responsibility in killing this club as everyone involved.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I remember when Portuguese teams ran the Europa League. Now you're getting knocked out by Rangers, Leverkusen and Istanbul Basaksehir.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I remember when Portuguese teams ran the Europa League. Now you're getting knocked out by Rangers, Leverkusen and Istanbul Basaksehir.
Was only reminiscing the other day when Benfica were knocking out Liverpool in the CL with Simao and Miccoli.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Benfica has no excuses really: we have money to invest and invested poorly. The add-ons to the squad were pretty much useless and we lack someone up front who can hold the ball and distribute the game.

Porto and Sporting are having financial issues due to not being able to maximize their profits on player sales (Herrera and Brahimi left for free, when they could had give 45M€ minimum to Porto's balance).

Sporting is being run by inexperienced people, and there was too much focus on restructuring the debt which is never good at high performance clubs.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Benfica with two made up penalties by the corrupt Fabio Verissimo, 8 minutes of added time that turned into 11, game ended in the 101st minute and they still draw at home against Moreirense. Porto's title to lose now.

We've had an embarassing season but we still didn't manage to reach a level of embarassment where the ref is blatantly trying to give you a win and they still failed to do it. Reminder that this guy actually referees european matches :lol: never seen someone this incompetent at their job.

NYAS

The feckers have actually blown the title! What a collapse.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Benfica with two made up penalties this time by the corrupt João Pinheiro and they still draw away to Setubal.

Hopefully next match they make it fairer and as soon as the opponents score they get two penalties right away so we don't have to waste time with technicalities like if a foul has happened or not.

They have no shame, what a complete embarassment they've made out of portuguese football. Porto need to be very careful with everything they do until the end of the season.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
What a monumental bottling job by Benfica, in such a weak league they managed to blow a 7 point lead.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The quality in the league is incredibly bad. Porto and Benfica are awful, Braga are average at best and the least said about Sporting the better

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
What a monumental bottling job by Benfica, in such a weak league they managed to blow a 7 point lead.
After the past couple of weeks it's obvious it clearly doesn't matter to be fair. They'll win it one way or another.

Like Mourinho once said: "In normal circumstances, we'll win the league. In abnormal circumstances... we'll also win the league"

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Everyone is holding alright? Hope you're all safe.
I reckon the posters here are all relatively young so hopefully nobody gets seriously sick. Scary times though. Hope everyone here and their families stay healthy.

As for this thread, do you think the season will get completed? After the news of the last few days I seriously doubt it.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I reckon the posters here are all relatively young so hopefully nobody gets seriously sick. Scary times though. Hope everyone here and their families stay healthy.

As for this thread, do you think the season will get completed? After the news of the last few days I seriously doubt it.
Tougher times will come thoug. If Germany does not realease Eurobonds, we are doomed financially.

About the season, It all depends on how UEFA decides about european competitions this season. The clubs will follow the same reasoning for sure.

SportingCP96

Supports
Pretty excited for todays game. Mostly because Amorim is being smart and having his own pre season for next season.

I love the starting lineup he did today.

- Acuna and Camacho as wingbacks
- Eduardo Quaresma the 17 year old playing alongside experienced center backs like Mathieu and Coates
- Matheus Nunes starting in the middle
- Jovane getting a second life
- Max starting

4 youth academy products starting.

This is the way. Now we just need Varandas to have a stroke and maybe we might start to see something begin to move forward.

This season is historically the worst in out history and we are 1 loss away from confirming that so whatever happens it don't matter anymore so just play the kids and call it a day.

Use the remaining games to get a look at all the player we have and which you want to move on with and which positions we need to fill with either the academy or the market.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
This is the way. Now we just need Varandas to have a stroke and maybe we might start to see something begin to move forward.
:lol:

First time this season I'm excited for a game just because we'll get to watch some of the kids play