Positive Thread (the old title was a joke)

Dobbs

Despite what he's said performances like this might push a January transfer or two. Especially with Ibra now being pretty much finished. With Jose usually being good in the transfer market that could be a real positive.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I guess we've had worse Decembers, so there's that. And even though we've suffered a horrific dip in form, the consequence has been far from catastrophic. It's also not as bad as that December.

Hopefully it's rang some sort of alarm bells with the board tho, we need to inject something in to this squad right this January cos top four will be a slugfest.

Ashley R1+O

People forget just how much dross that City have binned when the talk about how Jose is going to rebuild our squad. I mean 'BINNED'. Not 'we tried him, he stuck around playing second fiddle trying to make his way into the squad and the first team before he left off contract..' like we have with some of our guys, I mean straight BINNED.

We just don't operate like that at all and we never did under Ferguson, to ask this club to come in and bin players like Mata, Smalling, Jones, Young etc etc. It just isn't our way, good or bad.. Jose has a task and I will be keen to see what he does in the next window. We need probably four or five new bodies and fresh hungry players in.

minoo-utd

For me it's nothing so positive specially we are back to the top four battle and it won't be an easy go even finishing fourth is some task now specially we lost some important players due to injury, oh God have mercy. Everything went wrong after that defeat to City just like last season we got beaten by them in the second game of the season and we went directly to that poor form and low of confidence. We need to improve otherwise I can see us easily dropped to fourth and God knows what happens next, I'm sorry it should be a positive thread and so but right now i can't see any.

redshaw

If the talk of us being in 2nd was premature, when we were actually in 2nd, how is the talk of us finishing out of the top 4 not incredibly premature?
"Could" Do you know what that means? Nothing like saying we're second best in Nov Dec.

Today at Everton we looked like a lot better in the second half so I'm confident we can get out of the mess. Players really got together today.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
There is a much more positive feeling around the club and fan base than at any time since the Liverpool game in mid October.

Recently we've come through a fairly miserable festive period when results were poor, Jose looked dour and was reportedly flashing his ankle at PSG and on the rare occasion he'd get a goal Lukaku didn't celebrate in what was perceived as a protest against unwarranted criticism from the press and his own fans.

Now we're unbeaten since Bristol City, and have put a few wins together, while our rivals have all dropped points unexpectedly. We've hijacked what many thought was a done deal to snatch a class player from City, Jose has at a stroke banished the uncertainty around his commitment to the club by signing a new long term deal and every fan I've spoken to/heard from recently seems excited to see our next few games in a way that I haven't seen since the beginning of the season.

Things can change quickly in football so at the moment I'm delighted to be feeling optimistic about our chances and genuinely looking forward to an unfashionable FA Cup tie and then a showdown with the caf's unofficial most hated team at Wembley.

Red_Beans

There is a much more positive feeling around the club and fan base than at any time since the Liverpool game in mid October.

Recently we've come through a fairly miserable festive period when results were poor, Jose looked dour and was reportedly flashing his ankle at PSG and on the rare occasion he'd get a goal Lukaku didn't celebrate in what was perceived as a protest against unwarranted criticism from the press and his own fans.

Now we're unbeaten since Bristol City, and have put a few wins together, while our rivals have all dropped points unexpectedly. We've hijacked what many thought was a done deal to snatch a class player from City, Jose has at a stroke banished the uncertainty around his commitment to the club by signing a new long term deal and every fan I've spoken to/heard from recently seems excited to see our next few games in a way that I haven't seen since the beginning of the season.

Things can change quickly in football so at the moment I'm delighted to be feeling optimistic about our chances and genuinely looking forward to an unfashionable FA Cup tie and then a showdown with the caf's unofficial most hated team at Wembley.
Enjoy it while it lasts. This place is always one bad result away from being unbearable

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Enjoy it while it lasts. This place is always one bad result away from being unbearable
No doubt. I do sense a genuine uptick in mood around the club and indeed the caf recently but I'm sure if we haven't scored within five minutes tonight there'll be spleens being vented all over the FF :lol:

Glideman

4-0 against Yeovil was our 9th 4-0 this season, not bad for such a “boring” team.

Reactions: Invictus