Music Post Malone

Classical Mechanic

Has 4 tracks from the new album in the top 10 of the US charts. 'Take What you want from Me' went in at number 8. I wonder which was the least track with a shred guitar solo in it to get into the top 10.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Say what you want about his music, he still comes across as a really likable personality. He seems like a top bloke.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I've never heard his music but it's weird that it has such a specific age demographic. I was getting a train from Victoria to Liverpool just after his concert last year and my train was jam packed with kids from the ages of 15 to 18. No one was older than 20.

Ady87

He's wack, and cheesy.

Will come to be thought of in a very similar way to Limp Bizkit, Nickelback etc.
This is a strange comparison, I also feel it's wide of the mark. Although I appreciate it's all preference and I do like cheesy.

His success so far is insane considering he is 24. Rockstar has 1.8 billion streams and counting on Spotify. As an individual he has more tracks in the top streamed songs ever than anyone else.

I went to the Manchester leg of the tour last year and having seen Jay Z, Eminem, Drake, Kanye and a number of others, Post was easily, easily the best.

Classical Mechanic

This is a strange comparison, I also feel it's wide of the mark. Although I appreciate it's all preference and I do like cheesy.

His success so far is insane considering he is 24. Rockstar has 1.8 billion streams and counting on Spotify. As an individual he has more tracks in the top streamed songs ever than anyone else.

I went to the Manchester leg of the tour last year and having seen Jay Z, Eminem, Drake, Kanye and a number of others, Post was easily, easily the best.
Think Post has much more stylistic dexterity than his contemporaries too. Circles has just been at number one in the US for 5 weeks or something and is a complete departure from something like Rockstar. I think this will enable him to evolve with the prevailing pop trends where others might struggle.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Yeah, it's subjective isn't it - but the names you mentioned here are actual rappers, as in they spit bars, obviously Drake is pure pop rap but still, he's a rapper.

Post is a modern pop artist in my view, and that in itself isn't a bad thing - I just don't like his music, I think it's generically written and often badly produced.

Regarding his sales, obviously he's huge and no-one would question that, I maintain though that his stuff won't age particularly well - at least what he's released thus far.

But again, it's subjective. And I totally respect your opinion and decision to wanna listen to whatever.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Number of youtube views and spotify streams means feck all regarding the quality these days, it just means they are earning more than ever from younger audience which wasn't the case before, because bllions of kids have internet access these days.