PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:0 Hull City

Post-match discussion

Sat, 29 November 2014

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Van Persie had a good game even if you don't factor in the goal. He was actually trying to get into good positions and working hard up front. Can't fully say that he's 'back' but hopefully it's onwards and upwards.

Mali_Zeus

Great match, although I havent it seen it all, great display, we're getting confidence back, 3rd win in a row, lets keep it up!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Carrick & Smalling for me, overall I think Carrick gets it because of his overall play.

BarstoolProphet

Carrick simply outstanding. Great win, shame if Rooney and AdM are out for a few weeks.

caid

Good result and performance. Possibly our best this season?
Looked comfortable throughout and while there were no real standout individuals all of them played well and did a good job.

LARulz

Carrick man of the match for me. Was outstanding. So calm on the ball and kept everything moving

Trizy

Brilliant but I'm extremely worried about Rooney not to mention I can't see Di Maria back for Tuesday.

pseudo_canadian

Everything about that game was fantastic other than Di Maria getting hurt and Falcao missing his chance.

Hope Rooney is OK.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Lovely peformance. We looked sharp and purposeful. Also, I love watching herrera play.

Woodenlung

Even though he scored a cracker I think RVP played poorly again.

Might be time to give him a short rest no that Falcao is back.

OneUnited24

This diamond formation is brilliant, whenever we've played it this season we look so controlled and easy on the eye.

Also its great to finally have a midfield these days. No more seeing RvP / Rooney needing to drop so deep to get on the ball

Ivor Ballokov

Very, very comfortable match.

Carrick was fantastic, easily man of the match for me. Fellaini was very good in the first half, not so much in the second but along with Mata and Herrera we dominated the midfield.

Lovely goal by Van Persie and a pretty good game from him in general.

The only negatives were the Falcao miss, the fact we didn't get 4/5 like we really deserved and the inevitable injuries.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Good performance all round. RVP I thought did ok and then capped it with a great goal

Noone had a bad game

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
We weren't even creating that much chances. If we continue in this style, days with 75% posession and 8 or 9 goals are coming up pretty soon.

Raptori

Special needs
Having a hard time deciding how good it was really. While watching it it felt like we were playing brilliantly, but I do wonder how much of that is because the opposition were rubbish. Since it was only Hull I wouldn't call it a "great" performance, but it was definitely promising. A few more games like that and we can finally say we've turned the corner :)

Raw

Midfield all deserve a MOTM. Fantastic performance, it's been a while since we completely controlled a midfield like that.

Shame Falcao couldn't top it all off with a goal :(

Revan

Assumptionman
Brilliant display. 3 goals, good chances and completely dominated the game, leaving nothing to Hull. Smalling, Carrick, Herrera, Mata and Rooney were really good, while all the other players were decent. Great!

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Table looking much more healthier than it did a few weeks back.

chriswt

Cruise control. Dont think we could've described a match like that for a while.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Great match, a real winning performance. Rooney, Smalling, Carrick and Herrera MOTM contenders for me. Hard to pick one.

Will Singh

We need to bring the fear factor back at Old Trafford, I think today we dominated. Concerned about ADM going off and Rooney at the end.

I think LVG should have took Rooney off just to rest him instead of RVP for Falcao as Rooney has had a busy period and we have the Christmas period coming up so it would have done him good.

Happy with the result.

Moonred

Injury aside, there wasn't anything to worry. Looked on a completely different level than hull . Composed and in control throughout.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Enjoyed that. Disappointing to see us fairly happy seeing out a 3-0 (minus the Falcao chance).

They were there for the taking and you do need to be ruthless when you get them opportunities.

More injuries as usual, and a whole new selection to look forward to in the mid-week game.

Shout out to Michael Carrick. His passing was on point.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great, dominant performance. Could have easily been more. RvP was off in the first half but grew into the game more and finally got that goal in the end, which should be a huge confidence boost for him. Rooney class as always, as was Mata and Herrera especially.

Nobody was poor at all really, everyone 7/10 or above. Carrick the pick of the bunch, ran the game. One note is that I don't think Fellaini suits the diamond (or whatever that was) too much. Was decent today but playing as a wider central midfielder doesn't really suit him, thought maybe Herrera would've been better in that role and Fellaini behind the strikers, but then you would've lost some of Herrera's incisiveness.

Falcao looked sharp when he came on as well, unlucky not to have scored after great hold up play to fashion out the chance.

The fecking injuries though.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Solid across the board. Just what the doctor ordered: a dominating performance at home against lesser opposition. Never gave Hull a sniff. Smalling was MOTM for me-but Rooney and Carrick could also have been MOTM. Fellani contines to impress-very confident on the ball and looked to make runs. Hope Di Maria and Rooney are OK. Can't wait for the next game.

markhrad

Most enjoyable match of the season for me. Smalling, Rooney and Carrick I thought were outstanding. Rvp struggled mightily in the first half but I think the pass by carrick leading to his superb, but offside, header led to a massive increase in confidence.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Best all round performance since Saf's retirement.

Our possession play was stunning. 78% over 90 mins was ridiculous.

stu_1992

Great performance. Not often that we win without ever looking in danger in recent seasons. A lot of positives in that game. Rooney keeping up his recent goalscoring run, Van Persie getting a great goal (that will hopefully help him kick on), nice-looking football and a lot of possession. Shame bout the DI Maria injury which was the main negative, though Herrera was great as his replacement. I doubt the Rooney knock at the end is anything serious, at least I hope not. Carrick man of the match for me. His passing was just :drool: today. Some of the best you are likely to see.

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 479 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Hull City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 31% Man Utd 3:0 Hull City
  • 16% Man Utd 3:1 Hull City