Post match v Liverpool

Josh 76

Yeah, and all we had to show for it was a couple of cups. Do you think Liverpool really cared that we beat them in our cup final each season as they were racking up league titles and European Cups? I very much doubt it kept them awake at night.

I could understand all this hand-wringing if everything else was going to shit, but broadly speaking we have been excellent this season. Ole's win ratio was 54% and he won nothing - the new guy's win ratio is currently standing at 72% and we already have a trophy under our belts, why fixate on a single freak result?
Mate, I don’t think no one cares after a bit, if they lose to their rivals, but win the league or CL. The 7-0 hammering was more than just a loss. It was the clubs heaviest defeat in their history by their oldest, arch enemies. Please let that sink in. I would swap beating them 7-0 for the league cup (whatever it’s called) any day of the week!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mate, I don’t think no one cares after a bit, if they lose to their rivals, but win the league or CL. The 7-0 hammering was more than just a loss. It was the clubs heaviest defeat in their history by their oldest, arch enemies. Please let that sink in. I would swap beating them 7-0 for the league cup (whatever it’s called) any day of the week!
And that's a very dumb line of thinking if you would swap a trophy for an individual result.

Learn how to take some banter, is pretty much what you have to do. Sometimes you are the butt of the jokes. Sometimes it's someone else. Winning a trophy beats any individual result, ever.

Rusholme Ruffian

Scousers must be pissing themselves reading this stuff! You're making it into an even bigger deal than it already is.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This game will hunt me till I die, I just can't get over it for whatever reason despite them having a joke of a season otherwise.

FujiVice

Get over it. The 5-0 last year was worse, because it was at Old Trafford and it looked like we were a million miles off them. The 7-0 was a fluke and our future looks better than theirs.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Get over it. The 5-0 last year was worse, because it was at Old Trafford and it looked like we were a million miles off them. The 7-0 was a fluke and our future looks better than theirs.
Yeah we certainly have better prospects as of now so there's that.

r1z3mu

I wish I could delete this thread ;). But I'm lowly newbie (forever I guess) and it will keep popping up and reminding me about this nightmare.