PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 29 April 2018

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we wouldn't have won that in the end I can imagine a lot of criticism of Jose on the Caf. But fact is, a lot of our players underperformed today, very sloppy passing, often trying to be cute, little movement and our favourite young players didn't really do anything special when they came on.

A flat team performance and a lot of below par individual performances but 3 points and CL ensured. I think Jose has done really well here.

Now sign some defenders and we're good to go.

kundalini

Martial looked good.

Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez and Lingard barely seemed interested.

AshRK

Hopefully this does not mean a contract to fellaini. The commentators were good awful today.

MOTM : United crowd for showing arsenal fans how to respect rival team's manager and ex players. Seriously the worst set of fan base these arsenal lot.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hello, good moaning everyone. Played shit, but still won. The mark of (2nd place) Champion?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It wasnt even that bad a game. We were literally camped in their half for 40 minutes and pushed every time. We had nearly 20 shots, the finishing and creativity was a little mixed. This place just loves a moan.

OverratedOpinion

Some lovely passes from Pogba in the first half. We are on track for nearly 90 points and maybe an FA Cup this season. Not bad considering most of the press and pundits would have you believe this is a terrible team in crisis.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Pathetic game of football. Sort of shite an international friendly would have been embarrassed to serve up.

We deserved to win but that's a bit like saying you deserve to win a boxing match where your opponent dies of a heart attack before the match starts and you still only manage to win on points

Handré1990

The header which led to Rashford’s disallowed goal was sooo much easier to score from, so strange, like the universe decided to just «give» us one:lol:

ManUtd1999

When things are not going well, the Young-Fellaini combo works.

Pogba had a very good first half, but not as good of a second. Martial was very good.

In the 2nd half of the season:
City- check
Liverpool- check
Arsenal- check

bludsucker

Come on United. Buzzed at the injury time winner. Anyone notice how salty and disappointed Owen and Sherwood sounded after the match.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Got 3 points in "almost" a dead rubber of a game. Happy with that.
Is that top 4 secured?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
When things are not going well, the Young-Fellaini combo works.

Pogba had a very good first half, but not as good of a second. Martial was very good.

In the 2nd half of the season:
City- check
Liverpool- check
Arsenal- check
Chelsea got beat as well.
Spurs beat us in the EPL, but we beat them in the FA Cup.

0161_UNITED

Nothing to write home about. Brave performance from a largely inexperienced Arsenal team, that deserves credit. We made it difficult for ourselves but huge credit to the team for finishing them off.

Really nice touch with the SAF moment. For those who went through that era, it was defining, and it’s possibly over now. Managers for 20+years

Kapardin

Young-Fellaini partnership will win us the league next season, build the team around them.:wenger:

Ok, we played quite well. Again conceded a silly goal, but we certainly were not dominated. Would say we deserved to edge it. Adequate enough performance in a dead rubber.

CL secured, 2nd all but assured. Good job, but need to work on our attack and avoid a Sevilla bottlejob next season in the CL.

togg

Totally happy with that. You could kind of have predicted it would be a pretty tepid game. Not anything hugely important to play for. One thing Jose is getting back at United and that is late goals. Never give in, even if you are playing shite. Really happy for Fellaini, he's never been loved at OT, always synonymous with Moyes but I've always liked him as a squad member. Can be so bloody useful since he is a bit of a handful for defenses.

It's always good to beat Arsenal, so good feelings at the end......

redhoop

Very glad to beat Wenger - be glad to see the back of the 'professor introduced pasta' eulogising. It was inevitable but not exactly balanced, given their woeful underperformance in previous years. Anyway, their youngsters were not under much pressure and it showed. What is harder to explain is the way were quite so cautious in periods of the game. Anyway - 3 nice points - as ever, we will take that. It would just be nice to see greater attacking consistency from us.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
If Mourinho can't get a player like Martial playing well consistently then he shouldn't be a coach/manager.

Canagel

We won but I'm not happy. We were very poor throughout and this win papers over the cracks. We spent the whole game messing around with a poor attitude and lack of interest. I'm actually quite angry. If the game finished as a draw we couldn't have complained. Arsenal were very comfortable and I wanted us to arrive with a better attitude towards this game. A lot of poor performances. Only Martial and Pogba in spells can be happy with their game. DDG had hardly nothing to do. Everyone else was shite.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Sloppy performance but did just enough, DDG had almost nothing to do and only the mix-up between Herrera and Matic gifted them the goal.

Lindelof still does not inspire me with any confidence and Yeovil, Derby and Burnley seem a lifetime ago since Lingard played well.

Herrera and Sanchez not up to the standard of the Spurs match. Rashford anonymous.

Martial and Fellaini made a difference, more urgency. MoM between Pogba and Matic.

Hope Lukaku's injury not too serious.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This is exactly why I want to keep Fellaini. He can be such a handful. I don't like him starting games much but when we are in need of a goal he is a fantastic option to have coming off the bench...

ManUtd1999

Chelsea got beat as well.
Spurs beat us in the EPL, but we beat them in the FA Cup.
Yes.

Basically, in the second half of the season, we beat all the top teams in the League with the exception of Tottenham. You could just hope that we can build on this success next season!

Hojoon

That felt symbolic for Wenger's last game against us. We play like crap while Arsenal get into threatening positions (but lack the final touch/pass/shot) while Fellaini scores a header in injury time. It feels right.

Giggs86

Obviously Fergie asked Mourinho before the match to spare Wenger from embarrassment and only win by a tight margin :wenger:

Mindhunter

I know it could have been better but I am going to enjoy the Fergie time send off of Wenger today

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The substitute of Lukaku showed the mentality of the club today, one eye on the cup final. Almost cost us but thankfully Fellaini shut the traveling Arsenal fans up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 327 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal
  • 17% Man Utd 3:1 Arsenal