PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 29 April 2018

Toad

Good win but why so much negativity in each player performance thread? We looked pretty comfortable for the best part yet still it seems only Matic and Pogba are getting any sort of praise.

wolvored

This is exactly why I want to keep Fellaini. He can be such a handful. I don't like him starting games much but when we are in need of a goal he is a fantastic option to have coming off the bench...
I think thats why he wants to leave to play regular, which he wont get here. If were bringing in 2 CM like Mourinho says (or maybe 1 if for example Fellaini changes his mind) then he would be even further back in the pick of the first team startes

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Honestly couldn't give a MOTM, so I've gone with Sanchez, based on the fact, mkhitaryan scored, Sanchez was booed and the arse fans chanting crap at the end. Easy logic.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Pretty fecking poor performance. Picked a player at random for MOTM, Lindelöf, as no-one really deserved it.

Cpt Negative

Comfortable really.

Looked like we didn’t get out of first gear until arsenal scored. Kept them at arms length

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Bit of a grim game that was wasn't it? Redknapp didn't help. Constantly harping on about Rashford. He's desperate for him the leave.

Then had a whinge about Mata not coming on and said "he's not even warming up" We had already made all our subs by that point...

Feck him.

Alabaster Codify7

Extremely disappointing game, played with the passion of a pre-season friendly in Myanmar.

However, a crucial win. Id say that's us confirmed for 2nd place now which we have to be happy with, as long as we take the FA Cup as well. I'd begrudgingly say that, despite the shite football, 2nd and a cup in a season where City have broken records, is something to build upon for sure.

But this tumescent football cannot continue next season.

dabeast

Only when Martial got the ball did we look threatening. It looks as if Alexis made a deal that he would only join Utd if could play on the left. If he were to play on the right we would be a much better team. I hope Martial doesn't leave.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We should have had them well beat at half-time. They were simply awful and we disappointed in the sense that we let this be a close game, when it was anything but.

Thought Mourinho messed up again a little with the subs. Herrera was being very smart in his movement and was creating a lot of overlaps wide in the final third but constantly moving out there and supporting the full backs. It was no surprise that it took us another 20 minutes to get going after his departure. Fellaini was a sensible addition, but perhaps it should have been Matic taken off. If he goes, he’s a definite loss.

A deserved win that should have been a lot more comfortable. We are not good enough to take our foot off the gas and over complicate things in the final third

eldoherz

Well that performance left a lot to be desired. They were a young team with literally nothing of value to play for and we made them look like decent opposition.

MOTM I went with Lindelof as he actually looked really solid even though I'd say no one really deserved a specific shout out. Martial was his usual self, looks absolutely electric but missing that killer instinct. Also I hope that Romelu hasn't done anything serious, would be a big blow for us and unfair for him to miss the world cup. Only saving grace in my opinion is yet another game where we've ground out a result from a less than perfect position this season, nice to see some resilience compared to being Draw FC last season.

Overall that was a poor match but it seemed laughably apt to send Wenger away with a Fergie time winner and guaranteed UCL with games to spare is a boon. Going forward we're solid favourites for second and in the cup final so it could be worse.

Reactions: Invictus

Devil may care

It felt like a pre-season match, no real urgency from either side and then we spent the last 20 minutes throwing balls into the box and managed to get one off the back of Fellaini's head.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Wow, unless I'd seen the game with my own eyes, I would have thought we'd just lost 4-0?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
All.i care about is that we got the win.

Oh and feck you Redknapp.
For the life of me, I cannot figure out what possessed Sky to allow Jamie 'I am the worlds most boring football pundit' Redknapp so much airtime.

Mental torture.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
A typical United performance these days right there. Yes they got the win but it’s sucking the life out of football for me.

R'hllor

Some things should never be accepted or tolerated, i dont want anyone to change 100% but at least meet us on the half way.
Good thing, 3pts, which means we will see some young blood in remaining games, i hope at least. Even him scoring a winner, Fellaini shouldnt see a single minute of remaining PL games.

Full bodied red

Would rather a so-so, boring performance and win 2-1 than play like the world's most exciting team and lose 6-5.

Can never understand some of the moaners on here.

Perhaps a reality check is needed - we're light years behind City still, but comfortably the best of the rest, so what more do they want ?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We won but I'm not happy. We were very poor throughout and this win papers over the cracks. We spent the whole game messing around with a poor attitude and lack of interest. I'm actually quite angry. If the game finished as a draw we couldn't have complained. Arsenal were very comfortable and I wanted us to arrive with a better attitude towards this game. A lot of poor performances. Only Martial and Pogba in spells can be happy with their game. DDG had hardly nothing to do. Everyone else was shite.
Jonno is that you?

simplyared

Can't be enthusiatic after that. Arsenal made 8 changes and with such a weakened team we should have taken them to the cleaners. Problem is we fanny about too much. We fanny about taking the ball out of defence. I'm not a Lindelöf fan but that was probably his best game for us. He showed he can play the forward pass so why does he fanny about with it so much? So fecking annoying to watch. We lose the build up and tempo that we need to be a threat going forward. Then when we do get into the final 3rd we fanny about with it again doing fancy flicks and trying to play short one two's that just aren't on. Thank god we had Fellaini today and I never thought I'd be saying that.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
I think we played okay, better than some of the other times at OT. Though with the second string we didn't have a chance. Even with a fully fit it was going to be very hard. The game changed all in your favor especially after your changes.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Watched the City game earlier then this one. The difference in attacking is night and day - in comparison ours looks stuttering, predictable and , frankly, dated. Whether this is down to the players or the managers or a bit of both, I don't know.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Would rather a so-so, boring performance and win 2-1 than play like the world's most exciting team and lose 6-5.

Can never understand some of the moaners on here.

Perhaps a reality check is needed - we're light years behind City still, but comfortably the best of the rest, so what more do they want ?
Some would rather we were Spurs, a sly dirty team, perpetual bottlers with a manager who flatters to deceive. Wait until a big Spanish club take him, he is expected to actually win things and can't hack it.
If we cannot win the league I want us to be well ahead in second place.

DomesticTadpole

Watched the City game earlier then this one. The difference in attacking is night and day - in comparison ours looks stuttering, predictable and , frankly, dated. Whether this is down to the players or the managers or a bit of both, I don't know.
I just want us to be Manchester United, however we play and not attempt to be a Manchester City clone.

Red4Life_#7

Valencia doesn't offer the same attacking threat any more, no overlapping runs and definitely not enough crosses into the box. Young has to check back onto his right foot, losing that split sec chance that can make the difference at the highest level.

We need a new energetic left back and a pacy left-footed RW, that will immediately change our attacking play. Young and Valencia, 2 players at the end of their careers can fight it out for the RB slot if there isn't enough cash for a LB, CB, CM, RW and RB.

Get In Scholesy

We didn't seem interested. Happy with the 3 points, would have been annoyed if we gave Arsene anything from the game, especially with that shite line up he produced.

CL ensured for next year, which is a relief.

Progress is definitely evident.

Oh and a last minute winner is always fecking welcomed, lets have it!!

DomesticTadpole

We didn't seem interested. Happy with the 3 points, would have been annoyed if we gave Arsene anything from the game, especially with that shite line up he produced.

CL ensured for next year, which is a relief.

Progress is definitely evident.

Oh and a last minute winner is always fecking welcomed, lets have it!!
I like it that we are back to having a will to win right to the end of a game. We lost that for a few years.

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 327 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 29% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal
  • 17% Man Utd 3:1 Arsenal