Post-match discussion

Wed, 05 December 2018

johanovic

I would like to see the following team for Fulham:
De Gea
Dalot-Bailly-Smalling-Shaw
Peireira-Herrera-Fred
Chong-Rashford-Martial
I know some will say that Chong is not "strong" enough but he can run, take people on and do something unexpected. We can hardly create a chance from open play as it is. Play a team like that and they can play passing football and attack.

Sing you a song

So fecking bored of watching us work the ball back to De Gea so he can hoooooof it upfield to the other team :yawn:
Staggered at all the bad comments .It was at least entertaining and for once most of the players put a real shift in.i thought bailley and Rojo particularly as they were so ring rusty were excellent ( gutted for Rojo that his mistake led to a goal ) .
Martial looked lively as did Rashford for once a battling display especially given the number of injuries .
Herrera for me MOTM
Pogba and Lukaku as usual were true to form when they came on ie useless we looked far better without them.
Can’t wait for Pogba to leave and someone needs to tell Lukaku that the only way is down , he is so lucky to be at United and no other top club will be in for him when we hopefully sell him .

Red00012

Really weird and entertaining game. Arsenal obviously better but DDG won a point, though he cost a goal. Energetic front three was good. Bailly was good. Fellaini and Rojo have no brain. And what is the crowd doing singing 'we want you to stay'? Treachery.
That was the arsenal fans singing that.

Alan C

Herrera busted his balls, Matic put in a good shift, Rojo's first game back in the team - 1) almost scored a cracking FK 2) could easily have been sent off for tackle on Guendouzi 3) gifts Arsenal 2nd goal. He was all over the place. Mourinho putting Rojo in the window for board to see and get rid hopefully. Dead weight. Bailly solid today though

Roboc7

Really low quality game, fortunately for us Arsenal has an off day, they were there for taking but still looked like most likely winners.

Mourinho’s subs were all poor, he got buy more effort out of players today but was a must win game really and just delays inevitable.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Staggered at all the bad comments .It was at least entertaining and for once most of the players put a real shift in.i thought bailley and Rojo particularly as they were so ring rusty were excellent ( gutted for Rojo that his mistake led to a goal ) .
Martial looked lively as did Rashford for once a battling display especially given the number of injuries .
Herrera for me MOTM
Pogba and Lukaku as usual were true to form when they came on ie useless we looked far better without them.
Can’t wait for Pogba to leave and someone needs to tell Lukaku that the only way is down , he is so lucky to be at United and no other top club will be in for him when we hopefully sell him .
We were shite. A lot of huffing and puffing but zero quality at either end of the pitch.

The only positive for me is that Arsenal were gash too. Better than us but still crap. Which is nice to see, as I was hating their whole renaissance thing.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'd like to know how many goals we've conceded this season like this. No wonder there's hardly a clean sheet when we keep gifting the opposition easy goals.

Canagel

We were shite. A lot of huffing and puffing but zero quality at either end of the pitch.

The only positive for me is that Arsenal were gash too. Better than us but still crap. Which is nice to see, as I was hating their whole renaissance thing.
They keep their unbeaten run going so I doubt they're too bothered

The Purley King

Haven’t seen much of Arsenal this year and was expecting them to be much better than that.
We were ok I guess. More effort shown for sure but desperately lacking any sort of creativity in midfield.
It was an entertaining game due to all the mistakes and honestly I didn’t care too much what the result was. We win = happy, we lose = Jose one game nearer the sack. Draw = annoying !

Foxbatt

I didn't think we were they had actually, allot of mistakes but we did ok
It is not surprising with constant changes in the line up. I do not think we played that badly and two individual errors cost us. I would like to see Matic replaced by Lindelof as the holding midfield player.

Green_Red

I actually thought it was a decent game for us. There was some positive forward play, we moved the ball quickly from defense to attack, we didn't look toothless in midfield, Martial played one of the best games I've seen him play for us, Rashford and Herrera both had good games too. Bailly played well, showing some good defensive awareness. Surprised by De Gea's gaff, but how often have we seen him do that? Barely ever, so its forgivable.

I never really felt we could win, but it was definitely better that the last couple of games. I just hope Jose sticks with this lineup now, give them some time to gel as a team and get some form. I couldn't care less if he's the manager of the club or not, I just want to see them do well and play with some confidence because I think we have a great group of players if Jose can get them playing to their potential.

minoo-utd

Okay some one give me a clue about what we need to be back United again? Do we still need more signings Jose signings? Is he ever going to be sacked before the season is over? Is there any one at the club has a clue about what we suppose to do?

Foxbatt

Okay some one give me a clue about what we need to be back United again? Do we still need more signings Jose signings? Is he ever going to be sacked before the season is over? Is there any one at the club has a clue about what we suppose to do?
he needs to go and we need to get a manager who is not poisonous like Jose and who can get these players ( at least some of them) to play good football and to win games.

cyril C

And that's that. 2:2 in an entertaining game which really sprung into life in the last 20 minutes and either side could have won it.

It's a result that doesn't help either side really. We're still well off the pace in the race for top 4 in 8th! Meanwhile Arsenal have dropped back into 5th after Tottenham beat Southampton.

That's four league games without a win, but next up is bottom of the league Fulham, we can't not win that one right?!
It really depends on whether Pogba show up or not. 25 pass to the other side that is guarante to drop points.

AndyMUFC

Draw was probably fair, agree that neither team was that great. We started both halves decently without really creating anything but shot ourselves in the foot twice, which is par for the course this season.

lex talionis

A good result, all things considered, but we were pretty bad tonight. Well, we were fantastic by recent standards but well below what we should expect of this squad.

No news flash here, but we're putting in consistently poor performances. I have no idea how to right the ship as the season is lost to the dogs and there's no good answer on how we can at least put in a credible run for fourth place.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Honestly couldn’t be bothered to watch. We’re drifting through the season with no aim or purpose. The league season is over and the season will be over all together as soon as we’re knocked out of Europe next round

George The Best

Brave to leave Pogba and Lukaku on the bench. Made a big statement, also in his program notes - no room for players who don’t give their all. On paper Arse should have torn us apart. Thought the lads did well to be competitive. It was almost a reserve side out there tonight. Shame about De Gea’s ‘Pickford moment’.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
It was entertaining in the end. But I must admit, there was not an ounce of quality in either team performance.

reddevil702

Entertaining and at least we didn’t park the bus. That alone is considered a victory this season.

youngrell

The introduction of the giants killed the game.

Both teams lacked quality but it was refreshing to have some aggression, off the ball movement and pace for a change.

Betson

Decent result given the run of form we are in , both in truth two poor teams who are both a mile off the likes of City and Liverpool.

OldPop

Not beautiful but entertaining. Well done to come back and score quickly after releasing a goal, that feeling was really nice. But the biggest pleasure was to see attackers who did their job and really ran on everything they could.

For a while, I even thought we could win the match, but that hope disappeared as fast as a payday when the substitutes came in.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
United showed good character to come back and equalise twice and when you consider they came back to draw at Southampton having 2:0 down then I think the morale in the dressing room can't be that bad can it?

The first thing Mourinho has got to do is stop giving sport writer's easy headlines. Saying Pogba is a virus etc is a truly ridiculous thing to do. He bought Pogba. For a British record fee. He is manager for Manchester United not a script writer for Coronation Street.
I wouldn't agree with him banging on about effort in the program notes. Stop criticising your players in public. They have shown they give a shit by coming back in two consecutive matches.
Look at yourself Jose. The only player in his squad that would make City's starting 11 is DDG and he inherited him. Given that he has spent 360m in 27 months that is simply unacceptable.
His line ups are just erratic lately. I was gobsmacked by todays starting 11 though maybe injuries forced his hand. Arsenal are frail defensively so why not give Lukaku a chance to wreak havoc with his power. Sure Lukaku ain't RVP but he could have unsettled Arsenal tonight.
Why does he spend 50m on a Brazilian midfielder and not give him a chance especially with the amount of injuries he has.
I think the United board need to grow a pair and make Mourinho accountable for his actions. Whoever gave him an extended contract after the Europa League Final win needs shooting.

Rolaholic

Decent result given the run of form we are in , both in truth two poor teams who are both a mile off the likes of City and Liverpool.
Hardly a decent result in the context of this season,we're still 8 points off 5th with a negative goal differential to start December

Rolaholic

United showed good character to come back and equalise twice and when you consider they came back to draw at Southampton having 2:0 down then I think the morale in the dressing room can't be that bad can it?

The first thing Mourinho has got to do is stop giving sport writer's easy headlines. Saying Pogba is a virus etc is a truly ridiculous thing to do. He bought Pogba. For a British record fee. He is manager for Manchester United not a script writer for Coronation Street.
I wouldn't agree with him banging on about effort in the program notes. Stop criticising your players in public. They have shown they give a shit by coming back in two consecutive matches.
Look at yourself Jose. The only player in his squad that would make City's starting 11 is DDG and he inherited him. Given that he has spent 360m in 27 months that is simply unacceptable.
His line ups are just erratic lately. I was gobsmacked by todays starting 11 though maybe injuries forced his hand. Arsenal are frail defensively so why not give Lukaku a chance to wreak havoc with his power. Sure Lukaku ain't RVP but he could have unsettled Arsenal tonight.
Why does he spend 50m on a Brazilian midfielder and not give him a chance especially with the amount of injuries he has.
I think the United board need to grow a pair and make Mourinho accountable for his actions. Whoever gave him an extended contract after the Europa League Final win needs shooting.
A Scouser fan with more sense than so many top Reds on here :houllier:,crazy times we're living in

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Summed up: We just got Pogba on the pitch, it’s the 80th minute mark, the game is wide open in space, opponents are NOT defending deep and Emery is shouting the short passes between individual players and then Mourinho springs up with ‘Maroune! x5’ lumping him up front.

Good news is that Leicester and Everton dropped some points today. We could still finish 6th

Player Ratings

5.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 310 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 16% Man Utd 1:3 Arsenal
  • 13% Man Utd 1:2 Arsenal