PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 November 2020

Machine Elements

First defeat at Old Trafford to Arsenal in the last 15 years. Well done Ole. Like Moyes did, he's breaking some records now. The wrong records. Even Moyes didn't lose to this lot ffs.

Far better team than Arsenal my ass. Not creating anything on your turf, only looking to counter attack like minnows and can't deal with their press. Yeah, we have the far better players but they have the far better manager.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Back into crisis we go!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What the actual feck was that.

Also, Mike Dean is the worst ref in the league. Where the feck is consistency of decisoon

Pughnichi

Fuming. A game that 30 mins in and its glaringly obvious that what we are trying to do isn’t working.

OGS doesn’t make suitable changes at half time. Still, after a further 25 mins of tumescent football no progressive changes are made.

It took him at least 15 mins of second half to decide Matic for Fred!....Really

Restored to Matic diving for a penalty, Maguire diving for a penalty. Seriously. It’s pathetic.

Arsenal with Elneny in midfield dominated us in the middle of the park. Elneny.

Fred, Matic, McTominay aren’t good enough if we’re honest. Sure they can press and destroy but utterly clueless with the ball at their feet. Not helped by Pogba being woeful, Bruno being woeful.

And when we’re chasing a goal, he takes Greenwood off.

Surely a front 3 of Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood would have been a better option.

I’m not OGS out. Far from it. I think he’s building a decent squad and his man management appears to be fine. He really struggles with in game management. Like he has a plan (including subs) and regardless of how the game plays out he sticks to that plan

Literally copy-pasting from post-Chelsea.

Today is maybe the closest I've been to joining the 'Out' train....
I've just grown to hate the lack of intent in big games. It's paid off at times - we're a decent counter attacking team - but so often we set up like some high quality, high cost version of a League 2 team who've won the lottery with an Away tie at Old Trafford in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. I hate that we still haven't reached the stage where we're confident of imposing our will on teams. Hate that the focus is still on picking players with 'legs' and energy instead of technical ability...it's just becoming tiresome.

Starting McTominay and Fred together...at least I can see why he did it, but it's just - again - emblematic of what type of team we are. We've shown over and over and over again that we'll always put energy or 'character' over actual footballing ability. Both in team selections and in the transfer market.

It's just becoming increasingly clear that this is what Solskjaer is. This is the manager he is, the values he has as a coach...and - for me at least - they're not compatible with this club and where we should be aiming.

Barthez

Much better than Chelsea so some progress IMO. No need to panic. Ole will turn it round. Back him 100%

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Brutal substitutions by Ole.

Pogba brainless as per. Sell him ASAP.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I can't believe we were so poor after the game vs. RB Leipzig.

The whole game was so frustrating, but I don't know how it was possible that we couldn't even think of an offensive play in the last 10 minutes. Just hoofing the ball and that's it.

Pogba staying on the pitch was a terrible decision, too.

It was not the team which played in Paris and against Leipzig.

What happened?! And how come is playing Arsenal at home so difficult for us?!

Slevs

likes to play with penises
As long as Pogba is playing regularly we aren't going to win anything significant.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Not good enough.

Pathetic from Ole and the players.

Where was the urgency and determination to win?

Ole has to answer his critics, but I bet he will be all cheerful in his post match interview. Fuming.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The amount of money spent and the position in the table shows how dire it is.

Delano

3 losses already.

No home win in the League.

15th in the table.

Serious questions need to be asked.

The Firestarter

Pogba should never start a game again. Absolutely liability and still thinks he is the dog's bollocks.

Okey

Well there's my whole week ruined. Gosh that was so desperately poor from start to finish. How do we go from midweek to this??? I'm sorry Ole. This one's on you...

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
This is what fecking happens when you don't buy Sancho and decide Dan James is good enough. Nobody to score a goddamned goal.

If money was the problem, we should have sold Pogba and still gotten Sancho. But no - leave it to Woodward to keep us down.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
First defeat at Old Trafford to Arsenal in the last 15 years. Well done Ole. Like Moyes did, he's breaking some records now. The wrong records. Even Moyes didn't lose to this lot ffs.

Far better team than Arsenal my ass. Not creating anything on your turf, only looking to counter attack like minnows and can't deal with their press. Yeah, we have the far better players but they have the far better manager.
That's not a record. Last time we lost to Arsenal SAF was in charge. There were also people in the crowd.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
1 step forward, 2 steps back. Rinse. Repeat. Total cr*p performance.

Shiva87

What a disastrous performance that. So limp and never looked like scoring.

Pogba was pathetic. I really liked him but it looks like he has lost his magic and is being a liability on the pitch. Cost us at least a point today or perhaps 3.

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 316 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal
  • 22% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal